The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
Quote from brandons48 :Eyy guys, are EMG humbucker pick-ups any good?

For the price, they should be

EMG pot the preamp in with the pickup, which is quite an unusual design, and explains why they look a bit more expensive.

I had a set in a Jazz bass years ago and liked them (more to the point they eliminated the single-coil hum I used to get in most venues with the stock Fender electronics), I also had an old licensed Steinberger thing that had EMG humbuckers in it at one point and that sounded really nice too, so no complaints from me.
Quote from brandons48 :Eyy guys, are EMG humbucker pick-ups any good?

For the price, they should be

I've ran them a year on Xmas day and I love them personally. Give a cracking output yet remain lovely and noise free. They also seem to do clean tones well too, not what I was expecting when I bought them, but a nice suprise none the less
Electric guitars are gay, whip out an acoustic, that's how you get the girls, not by distorting notes on an amp cos you're just playing chords to your favourite Busted song.
Quote from BlueFlame :Electric guitars are gay, whip out an acoustic, that's how you get the girls, not by distorting notes on an amp cos you're just playing chords to your favourite Busted song.

If I were you I'd actively avoid the girls who are interested in you because you play the guitar. They're basically biological weapons.
Quote from thisnameistaken :If I were you I'd actively avoid the girls who are interested in you because you play the guitar. They're basically biological weapons.

I don't play guitar for women, I play cos I like to, but if I wanted girls with a skill I'd just tell them I spoke another language, girls love that shit, but being happily married, I don't need to impress shit
Quote from BlueFlame :Electric guitars are gay, whip out an acoustic, that's how you get the girls, not by distorting notes on an amp cos you're just playing chords to your favourite Busted song.

I really hope I won't play THAT much chords at all....
Repetetive chords suck
Im gonna energize this thread with my own info.. not artist but player yes.

- Genre: Mainly heavy metal.

- Experience and History
Just played guitar for a couple of years on and off, not realy good but i guess i can play a few bits, my aim isnt really to be "awesome" i just like to play... be it simple bits or hard stuff... used to play bass @ school so i guess i can do that aswell.

- Instruments
Guitar.
Bass.

- Hardware
Electric Guitar.
Ibanez roadstar 2(RG 410), quite a collectible this days and the colour and "turned over" pickup makes it hopelessly 80´s.. but its a dream to play and pretty "unique" theses days

not mine but it looks exactly like that, the pic shows the colour pretty bad though... its very metallic and looks darker or brighter depending on light.

Acoustic guitar
Just a cheap ass "stagg" acoustic but its pretty playable and does its job well.

AMP. Peavey Bandit 112.

F/X. A pedal with lots of stuff to play around with.

- Software
nothing really

I play electric and acoustic...

'Sides, busted suck.
#59 - 5haz

Just because its electric, dosen't mean it has to be distorted.

I think what you mean is an over reliance on power chords, most people who play guitar at my age are obsessed with power chrods.
And widdling. Playing loads of notes really quickly is only cool if you whip it out once in a while. Doing it all the time makes you a one-trick pony. We can all do tapping if we really want to.

Being a good musician is not about what notes you play, it's about knowing when to shut the f*ck up.

I have to admit though that an acoustic guitar is a good one for picking up chicks. It's a very intimate instrument and when you see someone playing one you know that it's them doing the work rather than some effects board.
So playing fast is tapping?

I would rather say - it's not the matter how fast/slow/even notes you use, just as long it's fit in the song / theme. Strange notes can be suitable and even great in some situations, just not too much.

Listen on solo's like Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper, or Aces High , Everytime I die and such, all from same band... I dare you to say that these speeds solos (- everytime I die) is just tapping one-trick-pony..
There's a fine line between people who are technically good, and people who can really play. A person who can really play can play better using only one note, than a person who can shred all over the guitar neck (technically correct), but without any feeling for the music.

So it really depends. Wild solos can be good, but mostly they are played by technical whores and not by real musicians (not calling any names).

I remember seeing some guitar contest a few years ago on TV. There were some really big artists there, showing off as good as they could, playing crazy solos and all that on their electric guitars with all their effects and what not... Then Paco de Lucia came on stage with nothing but his accoustic guitar, and after he was finished playing, all the other guys looked at him in a way like "okok, we all know you're better".
Well, I just play for fun, and unlike most'd'kids' these days, I played a real guitar before I played guitar hero, something that REALLY annoys me, people play guitar hero and think *DING* I SHOULD TRY REAL GUITAR, IT'S PROBABLY ALMOST THE SAME! Small wonder they are only playing power chords :P
Quote from BlueFlame :Well, I just play for fun, and unlike most'd'kids' these days, I played a real guitar before I played guitar hero, something that REALLY annoys me, people play guitar hero and think *DING* I SHOULD TRY REAL GUITAR, IT'S PROBABLY ALMOST THE SAME! Small wonder they are only playing power chords :P

Same here, I'm self taught and i've always been told i've got a natural talent for music. Only about an hour ago I played my acoustic for my lady friend and she loved it! But switch over to the electric and.. it just.. doesn't feel the same you know?

And guitar hero.. Lord almighty they are milking it. People think "OMG! I CAN PLAY THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES LIKE A GOD!", Then they go out, buy a nice shiny beginners guitar and... "Plink.. plonk.. putang.. plink- Boy, this is pretty hard." and then the guitar is never touched again!

Madness I say! :grumpy:

Quote from The Very End :
tapping one-trick-pony..

We all know you'd tap the one-trick pony!
I'm joking Best Fwends Fowevarr.
Quote from brandons48 :Same here, I'm self taught and i've always been told i've got a natural talent for music. Only about an hour ago I played my acoustic for my lady friend and she loved it! But switch over to the electric and.. it just.. doesn't feel the same you know?

And guitar hero.. Lord almighty they are milking it. People think "OMG! I CAN PLAY THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES LIKE A GOD!", Then they go out, buy a nice shiny beginners guitar and... "Plink.. plonk.. putang.. plink- Boy, this is pretty hard." and then the guitar is never touched again!

Madness I say! :grumpy:

We all know you'd tap the one-trick pony!

It's so true, worst scenario is rock band, when people think they can actually start a band, YEA MAN LETS START A BAND and chase it for years before they should realise they ain't gettin anywhere.
I've never played guitar hero or any of the other copies in my life....

Wifey couldn't hold out any longer and officially gave me my Christmas present, a Cort G200 Strat style electric. Still looking for an amp though. It's tough when all the shops are 40 minutes away all in different directions and the kids don't want to go with me to look. Have a 3 hour window on Monday when Wifey and I can get out while the kids are in school.

I need an amp real fast now because I'm off work now until January 4th .
- Artist Name

Shaun Dacosta

- Genre

Classic, Popular perhaps.

- Experience and History

I have been playing the Pianoforte for nearly six years, have written a few songs, and have done Grade 1 (Distinction - 131) and Grade 2 (Merit - 128). I have been playing the Clarinet for 4 years and have done Grade 1 (Merit - 121) and Grade 2 (Pass - 109)

- Instruments
  • KEMBLE Pianoforte
  • Yamaha PSR-80
  • Yamaha Electric Organ
  • Buffet B flat B12 Clarinet
  • Boosey & Hawkes Regent B flat Clarinet
- Hardware
  • Logitech Premium Stereo Headset
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro pedals
- Other

Not much really. I played in the Music For Youth competition, but unfortunately didn't get through to the Regional finals. I have sung at the Royal & Derngate theatre twice and sung at The Castle theatre seven times. I have played the Clarinet at Cripps Hall (NSB) for the Music For Youth competition. I will be performing March 2010 there too. I like messing around with Audacity - I once made a really random song as a kid at my school came up with it. He is only like 3ft something LOL. I'll attach it to the post. It is out of sync and everything, but it was a damn lot of fun to make! I didn't make up th song, just recorded and edited it. I know it is just a load of crap but I don't care . It did the job - make the little guy make up another .

- Lyrics to the Pizza Song

One pizza,
Two pizza,
Three pizza,
Four,
I like chips with my pizza,
I like chips with my pizza,
Oh,
You know who you are.
Attached files
Pizza Song!.mp3 - 300.4 KB - 393 views
Quote from mrodgers :
I need an amp real fast now because I'm off work now until January 4th .

Go for a nice Marshall 30w

Or 50w if you have the money
I really hate the guitar fag kids(guitar hero/rockband) that actually thinks it has anything to do with guitar... and when i sau you only press 4 buttons instead of all the combinations on a normal guitar neck, they just " but you learn to keep the beat" **** that you learn nothing guitar hero is so ****ing inacurrate as can be...

OT
Myself im self taught, thats why i know no theory at all... i know som "chords" but i dont know they name... powerchords i know all of the because they are really simple and require no real skill to pull off...

ive started doing som blues improv stuff at this point...
Threw up a remix of U96's Das Boot techno remix of the original score, so I went one better, or worse, you decide :P it's not finnished and I shall cut a few bits out. Personally I think the main score is fine, but I put a few breaks in and I think I'll get rid of them to be honest. I need a few ideas to break down the song anyway, I just did some dodgey pitch changes so theres at least SOME progression in the song lol
Attached files
Flammen - U96; Das Boot]lq.mp3 - 1.9 MB - 369 views
- Artist Name

I play in a rock band called The Batteries.

- Genre

We play some sort of Russian rock with alternative influences.

- Experience and History

I've started playing bass guitar 3.5 years ago and has been playing consistently, even though I was drafted into the IDF 2 years ago.

- Instruments

Mostly just bass guitar, but I do know some basic guitar and drums.

- Hardware

I've owned quite a few basses but currently stick to a 2005 MIA Fender Jazz Bass, through a Markbass 500W 2x10" Combo and a Kustom 1x15" cabinet.

- Software

wat.

- Website

www.myspace.com/batteriestv Shameless pimping :3
#74 - vari
Quote from BlueFlame :I need a few ideas to break down the song anyway, I just did some dodgey pitch changes so theres at least SOME progression in the song lol

/me likes

I was anticipating a beat change at 2:20 so how about that? (faster)
Quote from vari :/me likes

I was anticipating a beat change at 2:20 so how about that? (faster)

Think I will remove the pitching at the part of the song, it's kind of nonsence, i was just going crazy with it hehe

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG