The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
Just found this thread so I though I might share one of the little song I made recently since the working title for it was Live for Speed.
I mostly play the acoustic guitar but this time I toke my electric one and this little riff came instantly so I tried to make something out of it.
I wanted to create the sort of mood we had in 90s racing games and such.. although short I hope you'll enjoy it ._.

http://snd.sc/Hv9f52
Quote from vourliotis :I was musician too, many years before (bass guitar) but my tendons betrayed me.

I've had really bad swollen tendons from playing bass guitar, took over a year to recover and they still sometimes flare up, I have to be really careful with it now. I know lots of other bass guitarists with tendon problems.

Strangely, I can play as much double bass as I want and I don't get any problems. I thought double bass would be worse but because my wrists stay straight it doesn't give me any discomfort at all.
Every time i have tried from then i wasnt able to play for more than 15 minutes
But doesnt matter. Was nice those years but that chapter closed

I am sim racer now
Artist Name
Monster, Bril , TestTubeFailure (TTF)
(I am not putting up my real name, because I work at a school, and I don't want the pupils to know my nickname on the internet. I hope you guys understand it)

Genre
Industrial electro (with TTF and Burengerucht), Metal (different styles)

Experience and History
1999: Started playing the guitar. 1 year of musiclessons, after that self-learned
2003: Started my first band, The E.N.D., a mix of punk, rock, NY hardcore and thrash. We did 4 or 5 gigs
2007: The E.N.D. gained an extra guitar player, and renamed to BleiFrei. We decided to play only NY Hardcore. We did 1 gig, and were recording a Demo, but failed due to the band falling apart.
2009: BleiFrei died, and with the drummer and bassplayer I continued with The Bessemer Machine. We played Doom metal.
2012: The Bessemer Machine died (again...), and I started a new band with some friends, to continue where BleiFrei left off, NY Hardcore.

And somewhere in 2005 (or something) I started my own wierd project. Pure computer based, no vocals or whatsoever. There is some selfplayed guitar and bass, but those are to be recognized anymore.
In 2010 I wanted to do a track with some guestvocals. I heard a friend of mine singing (very good) a song, and I wanted to cover that song. This turned out so well, that it has become another project: Burengerucht. At this moment there is one song (Amazed, originally by The Offspring), but I am working at more songs (when my computer is fixed I can continue).

Instruments
Guitar
(backing) vocals
Bass
Computer

Hardware
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 100 W Half stack (Top + cabinet)
London City Bulldog 100 W tube amp
Behringer cab (4 * 12" 100 W, surround)
Digitech Bad Monkey (tubescreamer)
Yamaha RGX 420 S (tweaked the pick up-selection)
LTD EC-50 (pick ups changed for EMG)
Richwood bass (2x)
Home built Flying V (1 pick up: Seymour Duncan Screaming Deamon)
Line 6 Toneport GX
Line 6 UX2

Software
Reaper
Fruity Loops
Line 6 Gearbox
Line 6 POD Farm
Propeller Head
Abbleton
Reason adapted
Riffworks

Website
http://www.brillemonster.nl

anything else you want to let us know about
About TTF: I just do whatever I want. And if it sounds right to me, it's OK.
And for my projects (TTF and Burengerucht): When I have time and inspiration, then I am doing it. When there is no time or inspiration, then it is not going anywhere.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
hm is it a Viper?
Nice
-
I once tried one it's really a nice confortable guitar... And the sound is really great EMGs FTW!
I have an LTD too... an AX360

Belive it or not, it is incredibly confortable to play sitted down And well of your the sound is great... I mean... EMGs
Looks a bit like a battleaxe and almost like batman.
So lets all then agree it looks great?
Quote from KiRmelius :Looks a bit like a battleaxe and almost like batman.

AS TVE said... That's the point! haha
-
Why not simply buy a baryton guitar?
Unless you plan on putting some high pitch solos in your djent, a 8 (and even 7) string guitar is useless
I'm truly curious to know why some groups that never use the smallest cord have 7 and 8 String guitars... (Like Fear Factory...) There must be some kind of advantage compared to a baryton guitar ^^
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 7th string the deepest one or? Meaning they could tune the guitar to have the possibility to play really low tones and still have the ability to play higher tones (maybe the lowest one is tuned to D or C, again I have no clue).
Enlighten me please!
Quote from The Very End :Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 7th string the deepest one or? Meaning they could tune the guitar to have the possibility to play really low tones and still have the ability to play higher tones (maybe the lowest one is tuned to D or C, again I have no clue).
Enlighten me please!

Yeah the low string is a B (although it sometimes still gets drop-tuned by silly metal guitarists).

I always feel bad for bassists in metal bands. There's no point in them being there because the guitarists have got such a bass-heavy sound. They end up scooping the mids and all you hear is the clicky fret noise as the strings bounce around. Might as well hire a percussionist.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah the low string is a B (although it sometimes still gets drop-tuned by silly metal guitarists).

I always feel bad for bassists in metal bands. There's no point in them being there because the guitarists have got such a bass-heavy sound. They end up scooping the mids and all you hear is the clicky fret noise as the strings bounce around. Might as well hire a percussionist.

This is simply not true, even for bands using 7 Strings or even 8 String the bass is extremly important even if you don't notice it at first sigh.
And there is a ridiculously big variety of Metal bands using different tunings

As for my question. Precisly the 7th and the 8th string are the deepest ones.
The whole point of having such a guitar compared to a Baryton is, like you said, behind able to play really low tones while still being able to play on the higher ones. But I notice that alot of groups and people that have this kind of guitars never use the smallest cords. A really good example is FEAR FACTORY (If i'm not wrong the only CD where they have some kind of solos is on MECHANIZE) or Emmure.
So there must bo another advantage... Or it's just too cool to have a 7 String guitar, which I can understand :P
So maybe it's like big cars then, they try to compensate for something?
Quote from The Very End :So maybe it's like big cars then, they try to compensate for something?

There's a bassist in California who's got a 13-string bass.

I think some bass players invest a lot of years in their instrument and suddenly realise that they're playing an instrument nobody notices. That's when they commission somebody to make them a 13-string bass...
Quote from thisnameistaken :There's a bassist in California who's got a 13-string bass.

I think some bass players invest a lot of years in their instrument and suddenly realise that they're playing an instrument nobody notices. That's when they commission somebody to make them a 13-string bass...

:ices_rofl
I'm started to play the piano about 8 years ago.
Really got into it with 14, so I'm playing properly for about almost 3 years now.

Got 2 videos on my channel.
They're not as good as they should be, I could actually manage to play way better. I dont have any Piano/Keyboard at the moment coz my keyboard broke few weeks ago. I talked to my dad and it seems like that he's gonna pay me a new ones. Going for a Korg SP-170S

This happened randomly while I was running around in city with friends, they told me to go into that shop and play a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXBazpdlKso&feature=plcp

This, I played at last schoolday at my old school, for around 150-200 people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cn81GTUGjs&feature=plcp

I'm gonna do proper videos as soon as I get my new stage piano.
Quote from jibber :You have some nice toys!

Yes, but I have long sold half of them
I've been shaving back my setup to make things easier, plus made some money from selling old collectable analog gear that I bought back in the 90s and early 2000s at much cheaper prices!

I also have a bunch of stuff, sketches and audio demos on Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/coolcolj
Just nabbed myself a copy of Ableton Live 8 Lite supplied free by the cross-promotion campaign with Soundcloud (Buying Ableton will get you a free pro account on SC for like 5 months or so)

so yeah basically, free Ableton Live 8 Lite (worth 145€/190$) until may 31st - http://www.ableton.com/free-soundcloud

Time to see if producing a studio mix in this will be a reasonable task from zero knowledge with the DAW T_T
Probable ragequit in 1-2 hours of usage

LFS Forum Musicians
(409 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG