The online racing simulator
40mins isn't too long. Could be interesting to know, how long it would take, to get a smoother render.

Anyways.. this is what I was working with:

PNG versions: 1280x1024 . 1920x1200 . 2560x1600
Quote from r4ptor :40mins isn't too long. Could be interesting to know, how long it would take, to get a smoother render.

Anyways.. this is what I was working with:

PNG versions: 1280x1024 . 1920x1200 . 2560x1600

Dude, I can't see your renders. I can't connect to your site.
not sure why - try again later some time. If the problem is still there then let me know and I'll ask my server provider.
I see it fine. Nice btw raptor.
Quote from bright devil :Just working on something.

ric»pm

Best rb4 i'be seen in many years on lfs

Now someon do that car in Vob mod, then a tweak server with slick mod too and we got a new gtr (?)
Quote from Inouva :Best rb4 i'be seen in many years on lfs

Now someon do that car in Vob mod, then a tweak server with slick mod too and we got a new gtr (?)

Wow, thank you.

Just did a PM-Helmet-Skin .

ric
Attached images
helm1.jpg
helm2.jpg
Driftworks Skin by FireMike15
Holy schmuck, wish cars in LFS would look just like that. Awesome man.:lovies:
Westhill TBO Racing
i tried this:
Attached images
westhill background.jpg
Would be nicer if headlights would be turned on.
These high definition skies fit in perfectly in this scene, nice one phil!
I´d like to see a simple render or two with this logo and link. Any GTR or TBO will do.
Link:
www.poulerikbech.dk
Logo:
See attached file.

Thanks.
Attached images
edc-logo farve.jpg
Adding Cars
Hello all,

I've been working on the old Knight Rider car and Volkswagon Beetle. I just wanted to know if it's possible to add these cars in LFS. If it's possible, please explain how and the polygon counts I'll have to work with. I don't know programming, though. Using 3ds max btw.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6103/67431168.jpg
Hi, currently this sort of thing (adding cars into LFS) is not supported - furthermore we're not even allowed to talk about it here in this forum.

Just a heads up.
Apologies
Hello Silverracer,

Thank you for explaining. I didn't know about that. I won't bring the issue up again!
Hello,

Could I get someone kind enough to send me LFS car 3d models in a .3ds file format?

I am a 3D nub so forgive the next question but I have to ask it anyway: Would it be really hard to exclude everything other than the outer car shape with wheels/tires from the model? I am doing some fluid flow simulations and I'm only interested in the outer shape (body shell with solid windows and wheels/tires) so I don't need any interior etc.. and on import it'd save quite a bit of surfaces.

If anyone is willing to send car models in this form, I would be eternally grateful.

Another question, any way to turn them into solid geometry before sending?

If there's anyone willing to help, you can PM me and we'll exchange info.
But it doesn't work for me. I cannot download them.
I'm interested in this as well - please let me know if you find the models. I'm playing around with ANSYS and wind turbines, it should be fun to try the airflow around the LFS cars...
Ah sorry, worked last time i tried them and never checked the downloads still worked

Don't have them saved any more either :/

Edit : the cmx importer plugin (for 3dsmax 6,7 and 8) is still on their forums Here, the full scenes may also be on there
here are my renders for firemike
Attached images
fxo firemike test1 copy.jpg
fxo firemiketest2.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG