The online racing simulator
Oh it is an easy fix. Just align the bumpers like they did back in 2007. Not only were they still allowed to give bumps on the straights, they were NOT able to push the cars in the corners, and it produced one of the best 500 finishes.
Quote from PMD9409 :How to fail massively:

Forget to change your drivers after setting up for all road course drivers.

Haha I did the same thing.
That's why I love my philosophy of never ever changing my drivers.
Quote from PMD9409 :Oh it is an easy fix. Just align the bumpers like they did back in 2007. Not only were they still allowed to give bumps on the straights, they were NOT able to push the cars in the corners, and it produced one of the best 500 finishes.

Yeah, it was a good race, but it's still not racing in the form that I like it to be.. I want it to run like a Michigan race or something like that where they actually have to lift rather than just hold her wide open.

I will say that it can produce some VERY exciting races, but I just would prefer that they had to lift and they could race like normal.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That's why I love my philosophy of never ever changing my drivers.

I hadn't changed them all year, I figured it would be a good idea for Sonoma though.
I keep forgetting to tell you guys.. I'm gonna be in Kentucky next Saturday night
Quote from UncleBenny :I hadn't changed them all year, I figured it would be a good idea for Sonoma though.

I had that philosophy too, I hit a home-run when we went to Sonoma, but I changed them to something different for Daytona and completely failed.
I think everybody failed at Daytona just about.. Having Martin screwed me over.. but he was a good pick until he crashed lol.

Anyways, I'm headed to Sparta, Kentucky in about 24 hours 4 hour drive from Zanesville here. I'm pretty excited to see how the cup cars take on the track. We don't have to wait too much longer though
Road course guys helped me somehow. I only had 4 drivers too since Boris Said wasn't racing.

In that great news comes sad news folks. Kansas is soon to be ruined by repaving and reconfiguring. The turns will be 18-20 degree variable banking. Vegas anyone? They are also adding a the most simplistic and useless "road course" layout into the middle of it, essentially making KY2 in LFS look like the Spa of Rovals.

Oh and there is more BS NASCAR is feeding us. Not only is GrandAm going to Indy, but so is the Nationwide series in 2012. Now this takes away from the great and filled-stand racing at IRP. And if you think "Well the trucks are still racing there, so all good". Wrong, they are leaving too.

Way to F everything up.

Kansas: http://www.nascar.com/news/110 ... vation-project/index.html
Good race tonight IMO. I really enjoyed it.

Props to David for finishing 2nd as well. Too bad he ain't drivin my dad's engines down here anymore.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Oh and there is more BS NASCAR is feeding us. Not only is GrandAm going to Indy, but so is the Nationwide series in 2012.

What's wrong with Grand-Am going there? Great series going to a great road course, seems pretty good to me.
I was just saying that GrandAm isn't the only one making a move there. Wasn't bashing it.
IRP was always one of the best short tracks on the schedule.
I just got back from Kentucky about 15 min ago.. We left early (2:30 PM) from 35 miles away, and got stuck in traffic.. we were just getting into a parking spot (2.5 miles from the track) when the fly over happened... about 25,000 people weren't in their seats at the start of the race I was told, and there were still people comming into their seats (like the people in front of us) 2 hours AFTER the start of the race.. it was an absolute traffic NIGHTMARE! 5 hours to go 35 miles... I told the people I was going with to get there 2 hours erlier than that because I expected that with it being the first cup race there.. but of course.. they didn't listen.

Not a bad race, but I missed everything up until the competition caution.

It'll be better next year.. it was 2 lanes all the way in, that'll change. They need better, and more organized parking.. that will change.. they need more traffic direction... that should change.

People getting out of their cars, going to BP, going to the bath room.. comming back and getting back in their cars which moved about 100 feet further down the highway.. It was insane..

I won the fantasy points by a LARGE margin this week First week I've won in a while.
Sigh... New Hampshire... One of my least favorite tracks behind only 'Dega...
Yeah, not always my favorite to watch, thats for sure.
Well, what a boring race... As expected for that track.. No passing.. I suck in the fantasy rankings (last with only 50 points..)

Honestly... I don't see whay (other than the market of race fans) they even keep going there.. It's always boring and they can't pass.
They failed with the banking. It is progressive banking, instead or variable. It goes from 2 degrees on the bottom line, to 7. So there is no point in going any lower than the second line.

The bottom like can stay 2 degrees, the middle lane can be 4-5 degrees, and the top lane can be 7. Heck, every 1.5 lanes they could up the degrees, doesn't have to be EXACTLY one lane.

I love flat tracks, but it can be boring sometimes.
No, keep NHMS the way it is, it's different. Same reason I don't want Pocono off the schedule. Already WAYY too many 1.5 mile cookie cutters.
The day Pocono goes off the schedule is the day I probably stop watching NASCAR. NHMS is different, and I don't want it to change from being different. I just want them to make the banking change more gradual to see a bit better racing.
I like Pocono.. With Banking at NHMS, I'd take lane 1 to 1 degree. 2 to 3. 3 to 5. 4 to 7, and against the wall 9. It would be fun to see a race on a track like that
Pocono is getting pretty bumpy and I wouldn't be surprised to see it paved some time in the next couple years, sure hope they don't screw it up.
Looking at their latest screwings (Phoenix, Kansas), expect the worse.
Quote from UncleBenny :Pocono is getting pretty bumpy and I wouldn't be surprised to see it paved some time in the next couple years, sure hope they don't screw it up.

Quote from PMD9409 :Looking at their latest screwings (Phoenix, Kansas), expect the worse.

Or you have to wait 10 years sothat some new bumps are created
My only hope is that since Pocono is privately owned, they'll do it right.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG