The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Thanks for the update.
Whats the difference between A4 and B?
And how about turn back to the old watch around?
Very good update and has fixed many errors in game.
Thank's for the update

Hopefully you have the new Tyre Physic's finished along with Rockingham and the VWS in the next few Month's or so
Quote from Scawen :

Victor has now started the hotlap checker. There are around 56,000 hotlaps and it takes a few seconds to check each hotlap, so it will take a few days.

Thank you
FBM @ KY1 wr has OOS error
I found a bug at the Skid pad.

Attatching replay.
Attached files
Bug.spr - 19.1 KB - 426 views
Quote from Guthix :I found a bug at the Skid pad.

Attatching replay.

that bug has been there since the beginning of time.
Thank you
About the initial crash issue with 0.6A4
Scawen,

just thought you'd like to know I found out what caused the problem I reported (the freeze and black screen upon launch - if on fullscreen - or when shit-F4ing to fullscreen).

drv.nam

Almost a year now, and I defined some 18 AI drivers (names). From then on, I have pretty much kept them all and race against them at several tracks.

So, I was looking for differences between the z28 files and the copy&pasted 0.6A4 and found none. Of course, the reason being I had used ALL my original files from the z28 version, and copy&pasted the 0.6A4 into it.

drv.nam was there.

Take away this file, no crash.

Put it back in, crash.

Take away and launch from fullscreen and iterate between full and windowed, no crash.

Put it back in, and do the above, crash (freeze+pitch black screen).

Just this file.

That was basically what I had missed (and the one difference between a fresh z28 install and the one I had - other than the controls configuration, which cause zero problems).

Cheers,
Miguel
Is new version compatible with 0.6A? I tired to join cargame.nl S2 on A4, and got "timed out".

And look at attached replay with "Shooting barrier" on Autocross.
Attached files
AU4X_6R_2.mpr - 138.3 KB - 379 views
Thank you !
thanks to all developers
1 million little fixes make a major change. Keep working away as every little change made makes the game better and asuch; unique
Quote from baartlomiej :Is new version compatible with 0.6A? I tired to join cargame.nl S2 on A4, and got "timed out".

And look at attached replay with "Shooting barrier" on Autocross.

The barrier's Lauch-to-the-moon are still there, the problem is only while you are in mp and the diference within the server lag and your lag, you have to have a very low ping and latency for the barrier dont launch you to the space

In single players the new barriers system works perfect.
Quote from Bmxtwins :FBM @ KY1 wr has OOS error

They will all be checked, though it will take a few days for the script to check all 56000 replays. The OOS / FAIL / PIT_STOP replays will be removed. There are just a few Z28 replays that go OOS in 0.6B, and a few that were already OOS in Z28 (recorded in an older version that Z28 was not perfectly compatible with). Unfortunately for their owners, those hotlaps will be removed. But I think it's a good thing all round that the wall hit and pit stop hotlaps will be removed.
Quote from Inouva :The barrier's Lauch-to-the-moon are still there, the problem is only while you are in mp and the diference within the server lag and your lag, you have to have a very low ping and latency for the barrier dont launch you to the space

The collisions are processed locally so barrier and object collisions should be unaffected by your ping to the server.
Only collisions with other cars can be affected by that.
There are still ways to hit barriers and get a bad bounce - the problem is just far less bad than before.
I just noticed when you drive offroad by the tall grass on umm i forgot the track its the one with the bridge. Anyways if you slide off the road into the grass the grass goes through your car as in there is grass growing in your cockpit its quite comical acctually.

Not sure if this glitch was reported before
Wow, haven't seen am email form LFS for awhile. I guess I will have to see whats new. My wheel has been collecting dust.
You must have made some great optimizations. My Fusion based notebook (Llano APU) runs the game, fully maxed out, in 1920/1080 with 8xMSAA/16xAF. Awesome, I can play LFS on the go now. It was decent before, but somewhere in the update something changed enough to keep the frame rates over 60 all the time, even with a full field, well done.
Have you ever thought about changing the slipstream in the next time?
I mean it is too weak on distance and too strong when being near behind another car..
Quote from DHRammstein :You must have made some great optimizations. My Fusion based notebook (Llano APU)

WATa
Do you work at AMD?
Forgive me, it's the Zacate. I'm getting the Llano based notebook for my girl, once they start shipping. Little confusion.

It's the dual core, the new Bobcat cores, with integrated DX11 AMD 6xxx series Gpu.

Once they start shipping the Llano A8-3850 APU, ( Quad Bobcat Cores @ 2.9Ghz, Radeon HD 6550D graphics unit with 400 Shaders; clocked at 600MHz) I'll be grabbing a notebook based on that, and giving my Zacate APU based notebook to my son. The A8 will be my ultra portable gaming/editing notebook.
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG