The online racing simulator
Does the game crash for any of you guys on the Leguna Seca Scooby seasonal event?

I've tried it twice now and crashed in the same place just as you start braking for T1.
Quote from LineR32 :Does the game crash for any of you guys on the Leguna Seca Scooby seasonal event?

I've tried it twice now and crashed in the same place just as you start braking for T1.

Nope.
I played GT5 with the PS3 pad and it seemed a bit arcade to me... Same applies to Forza 3. Haven't played with wheel though and chances are i never will.
Btw i expected better graphics from GT5 also.
No crash here at laguna seca, but man those expert races were quite challenging!

wolfshark: It's a completely different game with a proper wheel.
I only just finished 1st on the 500 one, and the car is set on online if anyone wants to use it
Quote from CoolColJ :AI is better, just not faster

Ah so now they choose to go as slowly as they do?
Figured out the cause of the game crash. It's the custom music option, it crashes when I use 1 of the albums I've got on the ps3.
I've been buying some cars and driving the nordschleife to try to find what's different with the ai. Imho they drive exactly like they have always been.

Still extremely slow in T1. Still waving left and right on the straight after fluhplatz. Silly slow in aremberg, you can pass 4 cars easily on the outside. Still brake checking and going slowly on that next straight. Braking really early and going slow through adenauer forst and brake checking on the corner exit out of adenauer section. And so forth. The ai still hits you exactly the same way in the exactly same places. Like when going into kallenhard hairpin. There literally is no change. I think the claim of ai change is bs. Or has to do something with the coding and efficiency or something that isn't possible to see from driving perspective.

I've seen no evidence of it. I've done hundreds of laps around nordy racing the ai cars in arcade and single races and I am totally unable to find even one single difference. In fact the ai drives so similarly every lap that any kind of change would be easy to spot.

Map of nordy for reference:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ok92 ... 00/nordschleife_gross.jpg

And looks like we have a new seasonal:
http://www.gtplanet.net/new-ho ... on-seasonal-event-in-gt5/
What is the best race car to buy? Got some cash spare and was wondering what to buy
Depends what your using it for tbh.
Overall. Obviously for racing. The endurance races mostly
r92cp?
Audi R10, Formula GT or Redbull X1
For Endurance, Minolta toyota 88C-V. Easily the best
Hmmmmmmm. Still stuck on what to buy. Guess it'll be a 787B, Peugot 908 or Audi R10. Finishing the Vettel Challenge, does that give you the Red Bull X1?
I'm finding it reallllly hard.
Are you using a wheel or a controller?

It's much tougher with a controller, but still do-able. Just assme the car has infinite grip.
even with a wheel, its kinda tough adjusting to the insane speeds.
use the T cam if you feel like chickening out.
Just got my PS3 and GT5 - disappointed with the physics, but amazed at the graphics .
Quote from shaun463 :Just got my PS3 and GT5 - disappointed with the physics, but amazed at the graphics .

Best physics so far in a console racing game imo, Better than the Forza understeer off road autopilot u cannot turn off.

Have u patched the game yet? If u just got it then will probably be another 3 days til the small patch has finished downloading lol...
The patch makes it seem alot better. Having alot of fun with it now .
Quote from Foilpact :Best physics so far in a console racing game imo, Better than the Forza understeer off road autopilot u cannot turn off.

Have u patched the game yet? If u just got it then will probably be another 3 days til the small patch has finished downloading lol...

GT5 physics better than Forza? LOL
Quote from BlueFlame :GT5 physics better than Forza? LOL

Imo, definitely.

Forza feels as though it has almost zero weight transfer, and the replays only make it seem even worse.

In terms of car handling I much prefer gt5 over forza3, but of course arguing that either is particularly accurate as a simulation would be stupid. If gt5 didn't do stupidly big jumps in a ridiculous way it would be much more worthy of a "sim" tag, though.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG