The online racing simulator
Had sooooooo much fun last night on WKD:s 0.6A1 cruise server. Thx maaan
Quote from Uke :I'm asking this just out of cuiosity, why are you axactly moving to a new letter? Why can't it be another 0.5Z patch?

so it sounds like a "new" one
Quote from Uke :I'm asking this just out of cuiosity, why are you axactly moving to a new letter? Why can't it be another 0.5Z patch?

Because as i said to the previous page, this patch is not compatible with 0.5 versions(you can't join to 0.5 servers).
Quote from pasibrzuch :I'm curious how does tyre warmers cooperate with pressure settings(...)

OK I did some research for myself.

This is cold tyre with 1.6bar:

This is same setup, but warmed to 120* in HL mode:

As we can see by load markers pressure in preheated tyre is bigger.
That means pressure settings are relative.
Attached images
40.jpg
120.jpg
Slick r2 pressure 2.4bar
cold

hot

Exactly the opposite
Attached images
r2_20.jpg
r2_120.jpg
It's exactly as it should be. A hotter tyre has a bit more air pressure, causing the tyre to bulge (making it more donut-shaped), resulting in more load on the middle section.
wierd bug when reverting to z34
Attached images
weird.jpg
a huge wtf
Attached images
wtfff.jpg
Quote from wolfshark :Yesterday i made a demo server and everything was ok, but there were 2 guys with no nicknames. I made a screenshot (only 1 of the guys in the server)

Next time press control + shift when you see the connection list and you will see he/her "Real" user name
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Crash of 0.6A1 dedi

Can you give any more information about that? Do you know what was happening when the crash occurred on the dedicated host?

The "agree" button crash is known and there is a workaround for now until A2 is released.

Official versions should really have a letter, like 0.5E or 0.5F without a test patch number on the end.

For some time, our official versions had test patch names, like 0.5Z25 and 0.5Z28 but that is because we ran out of letters. And a new number could not be used, because those patches were compatible with previous versions, and versions with different numbers (0.5 / 0.6) cannot connect although it doesn't matter if the "test patch number" (25 / 28) is different.

0.6A1 is incompatible anyway, because of the object numbers and other things, so it doesn't matter if we move onto a new number. Finally, we can have an official version that doesn't have a name that sounds like a test patch. That is expected to be Live for Speed 0.6B
Quote from Scawen :You deleted your dds folder? Why?

i highly doubt he's that dumb, scawen.
Hahahha!
Quote from Deutschland2007 :And you don't think that the first thing has got to do something with the 2nd one?

where did he say that? what does it even matter to you? wtf is with lfsforumers...
Mouse cursor automatically goes inside the screen, It's not really a bug, but I use dual screen and I like to have the window on my main screen maximized but not full screened so I can click off to my secondary screen or change the window size, however with the new patch I'm unable to change window size or move my mouse cursor away from LFS at all, must alt-tab
Clip mouse to window : CTRL+C ?
Only one Question:
It is possible to make the Chalk Line 2 and other things like the humps so that we can change the size and make barriers colorable?
Hi Scawen, are you able to add following as autocross objects for the final version?

- kerbs
- tyre walls
- higher versions of the armco

Kerbs would be great, because if we build chicanes or we change the apex of a corner, we would be able to make it better visible without placing too much objects.

Tyre walls would be great as well, because we may save some polygons generated by many tyre stacks = better performance = more FPS

Adding the armco was great, but they really don`t fit to a race track, would be cool if we could have some like on track with 3 rails upon each other

My english is shit so i marked what i wish on a pic
Attached images
pleaseaddthis.jpg
I do not know what version LFS me hotlaping) in 0,5 z28 with the ability to upload replays or 0.6 A1 where there is a warmer tires, but you can not download hotlaps.
Sorry for off top
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Hi Scawen, are you able to add following as autocross objects for the final version?

- kerbs
- tyre walls
- higher versions of the armco

Kerbs would be great, because if we build chicanes or we change the apex of a corner, we would be able to make it better visible without placing too much objects.

Tyre walls would be great as well, because we may save some polygons generated by many tyre stacks = better performance = more FPS

Adding the armco was great, but they really don`t fit to a race track, would be cool if we could have some like on track with 3 rails upon each other

My english is shit so i marked what i wish on a pic

Should be putted on improvement suggestions
Scawen, can u make more speed limmits than 80 km/h and 50 km/h, i like this firat version too but this is just a idea, maybe can u unlock the highway in Sounth City?
Quote from Scawen :Can you give any more information about that? Do you know what was happening when the crash occurred on the dedicated host?

Probably thats just because server is in demo mode :P

Nothing special just running server on my laptop, and there been about 5-7 people on server. I was connected to server locally.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG