The online racing simulator
Scawen, any chance you could allow the LFS client/dedi to load a custom .pth file for an open config? Something like /pth=XXX (or maybe /pthserver for a dedi, and only only available in end race screen). It would load XXX.pth from the pth folder, insim could then report nodes, and allow insim applications that require nodes to function/use more features (TV Director, Airio etc). Maybe yellow flags would be able to work as well.

Also, I noticed on lfsworld that Victor (on my friends list :razz was shown in live alert as being on a host (named a bunch of random characters) - I assume that was the hidden host and his status probably shouldn't be shown to anyone?
Quote from Squelch :No, I meant the chalk marks are upside down. The boards are correct from the camera pov and would face the driver as expected, but chalk arrows don't follow the same convention. (see attached pic in prev post) We have always had to rotate the chalks anyway, so no matter if that's how it is.

That depends where the camera is pointing! Which in turn depends which way your car was pointing when you entered SHIFT+U mode.

Look at the start point, when you press S. Chalk arrows are consistent with that. Of course they cannot be changed to point the opposite way.

They are pointing exactly the same way they have always pointed. Direction of chalk arrows has not changed.

Sorry if I'm missing the point, but I have checked and double checked.
Quote from boothy :Scawen, any chance you could allow the LFS client/dedi to load a custom .pth file for an open config? Something like /pth=XXX (or maybe /pthserver for a dedi, and only only available in end race screen). It would load XXX.pth from the pth folder, insim could then report nodes, and allow insim applications that require nodes to function/use more features (TV Director, Airio etc). Maybe yellow flags would be able to work as well.

No chance for this patch, it's a difficult thing requiring many code changes. I don't know how much but a lot. Though I have it noted as an interesting thing to consider in the future.

Quote from boothy :Also, I noticed on lfsworld that Victor (on my friends list :razz was shown in live alert as being on a host (named a bunch of random characters) - I assume that was the hidden host and his status probably shouldn't be shown to anyone?

Correct, you saw the generated name, and now you know why the master server sends a generated name!

There are several places where the name could be displayed and it looks like Victor missed this one. Thanks - I'll email him about that.
Quote from Scawen :In real life if you fall into the underworld you are not spectated.

Yes, you are right, but in previous versions you get spectated : ) So I just wanted to know, why in Z30+ it doesn't happen.
I'll consider it as a previous bug then.
I changed that behaviour to get rid of something much worse, the continually repeating endless loop auto reset that sometimes came up.

After trying some things, I decided there was no harm in just letting the user figure out what to do at that point. Reset or spectate or just retire - it's up to you.
Why not on the rally tracks of the trajectories for the LX6, RAC and FZ5?
Could not open file: data \ knw \ BL2_LX6.knw
Could not open file: data \ knw \ BL2_RAC.knw
Could not open file: data \ knw \ BL2_FZ5.knw
Audi, this is not a new thing.

Please, before you make a comment, can you make sure that it is not the same in Z28?

We are supposed to be talking about the test patch. I am losing a lot of development time today, talking to people who insist on discussing things which are not related in any way to the test patch.

There are rules in this test patch forum. Please, people, stay on topic!
Quote from Scawen :That depends where the camera is pointing! Which in turn depends which way your car was pointing when you enetered SHIFt+U mode.

Yes it is from the initialised camera angle when entering Shift+U from the car. A direction board is correctly displayed, but a direction marker is upside down.
Quote :
Look at the start point, when you press S. Chalk arrows are consistent with that. Of course they cannot be changed to point the opposite way.

I agree. If Shift+U is entered when the car is at the start line, the direction of the start "S" arrow is straight ahead. A board marker left faces the driver (opposite direction to start arrow) and is also correct. A left chalk Arrow is upside down. These are all without camera rotation from the initial direction, and object headings of 0
Quote :
They are pointing exactly the same way they have always pointed. Direction of chalk arrows has not changed.

Yes I'm sorry, they have always been this way.
Quote :
Sorry if I'm missing the point, but I have checked and double checked.

It is probably me. I seem to be labouring to explain the point. sorry.

The reason for my pointing this out is because the two objects are inconsistent at zero degree headings.
Quote from Squelch :Yes it is from the initialised camera angle when entering Shift+U from the car. A direction board is correctly displayed, but a direction marker is upside down.

I've already told you : it depends where your car is pointing when you enter SHIFT+U mode.

If you go to BL1 and do that, you'll find your statement is wrong.
If you go to AU1 then your statement is right.

So... it depends. Yes, it does!
My apologies, it was trivial anyway.
Ok, i hotlapped on several tracks now. HLVC works way better now, thx for that!
I tested some wall contacts: minimal scratches were okay, heavier kisses invalidates the HL just as i would expect.
The only thing i would like to mention is Kyoto GP Long: You can cut all chicanes about one car width beside the track (was already mentioned by someone).
Quote from Squelch :My apologies, it was trivial anyway.

I do understand what you are saying.

What I am saying is the models do follow a natural logic, where "forward" and "front" are aligned as you'd expect if you build an object in a modeller. And "forward" heading for an arrow is the same as the "forward" heading of the "S" start position.

But - and this is the thing that is a minor irritation for you - when you are working in the autocross editor, you actually want the marker boards to face backwards compared with an arrow. But the editor does not do this automatically for you. When you work on a layout, you will often want the front of the marker boards to face the opposite direction to the front of an chalk arrow. I don't know if I can do something in the autocross editor, to flip the heading 180 degrees whenever you select or deselect a marker object using the top right object type selection buttons.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Ok, i hotlapped on several tracks now. HLVC works way better now, thx for that!
I tested some wall contacts: minimal scratches were okay, heavier kisses invalidates the HL just as i would expect.
The only thing i would like to mention is Kyoto GP Long: You can cut all chicanes about one car width beside the track (was already mentioned by someone).

Thanks for the test.

About Kyoto, I guess what you are saying is not a new thing - same in Z28?
Quote from Scawen :About Kyoto, I guess what you are saying is not a new thing - same in Z28?

yes
Game crashes for me

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4df23fa2
Fault Module Name: LFS.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4df23fa2
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000e0cf2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4709
Additional Information 2: 4709938665fa84e3ff99c8cbe11223bb
Additional Information 3: f4c6
Additional Information 4: f4c66b313fb0ab14aef0709e1b1f1251

E: it's a fresh installed lfs.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the test.

About Kyoto, I guess what you are saying is not a new thing - same in Z28?

Its since 2006 when i started to drive LFS Would be nice if you place it on your list for future updates or simply place some cones there and the problem is solved

EDIT: I like hotlapping, but hunting for cutted WRs is just annoying. The whole green areas don`t make a hotlap invalid, but they should. I simply hate it to hunt cutted WRs.... grrrrr
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Game crashes for me

Yes, this one is known, when you press the "agree" button. It's fixed in my version.

I've also fixed the replay OOS error when saving replays with objects.

[ EDIT : got a couple more things to fix before releasing test Patch A2 ]
Scawen on Kyoto please invalidate hotlaps using the "apron area" as cars such as UF1 and MRT have used...
That is outside the scope of this patch. It's not as easy as you might imagine.
Please write on the topic. I want out tomorrow, A2, because Tomorrow is my day off.

Sorry for off top.
Quote from Scawen :I do understand what you are saying.

What I am saying is the models do follow a natural logic, where "forward" and "front" are aligned as you'd expect if you build an object in a modeller. And "forward" heading for an arrow is the same as the "forward" heading of the "S" start position.

But - and this is the thing that is a minor irritation for you - when you are working in the autocross editor, you actually want the marker boards to face backwards compared with an arrow. But the editor does not do this automatically for you. When you work on a layout, you will often want the front of the marker boards to face the opposite direction to the front of an chalk arrow. I don't know if I can do something in the autocross editor, to flip the heading 180 degrees whenever you select or deselect a marker object using the top right object type selection buttons.

I don't know why I found that so hard to explain. I guess I'm Le Man'd out.

Logically a sign faces towards the driver or against the intended direction of travel so it can be read. Start, Ramps and chalk arrows do follow the intended direction of travel or heading, but all other objects are reversed in comparison.

It is a very minor irritation, but that is all, and I do understand that editor mode has grown so much larger than originally envisaged. It does make sense that a sign would have a heading/facing towards the modeller origin, so please don't waste time on changing them now.

Thank you for taking the time for your response however, We really don't deserve explanations for every decision you make.
WOW. If I were a sig kind of person I'd have had multiple sig opportunities in the last few hours worth of this thread
Quote from Squelch :Going back a bit further I found this from Scawen. I don't know if it still holds, but that is the principle I've been working on.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=52917#post52917
Edit:
I can't find the post, but I also believe the pressure settings are for optimum, so by deduction, setting higher temps will give a slight over pressure.

Edit:
Found it, but it was the speculation thread.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... imum+pressure#post1210485
Too much coffee and not enough sleep for me, so didn't quite absorb Bob's post which seems to dispel the myth.

Garage tyre pressures are cold/ambient.

Yikes, so you've managed to find some more recent posts in which both AndroidXP and Bob Smith have contradicted their statements from the posts I quoted earlier. OK, it's not a big deal I guess (and I have to say it's making me chuckle!) but I will PM them both if they don't reply here soon. I don't personally have any axe to grind, but I do think the correct answer is indeed "cold/ambient".

Hotlapping testing suggestion for Scawen: a possibly worthwhile tweak to the HLVC code would be to make it report *all* HLVC violations in each lap, not just the first. This would speed up 6A1 testing in places like SOx. Probably only needed until 6B. (If it's simpler, you could have a keypress to reset the HLVC status.)
Are the start lights intended to be in hotlap mode? They look a bit redundant there to me.
Quote from Scawen :It is now possible to start a qualifying session on open configs

Any problems if I organize a tournament using the new test patch?
please Scawen update rb4 and fxo interiors... its so ugly(
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG