The online racing simulator
Oh WOW... The New Objekts are very very very very creat THANK YOU
Quote from Squelch :An instant replay seems to work, but after going back to the entry screen, and running the replay, it OOS.

The speedup seems to happen when the shocks are destroyed. Regulating the speed without damage doesn't give a boost. Even going over the humps without damage still gives an OOS.

I'm off to bed but at this point I can confirm what you said - instant replay works but replay from entry screen goes OOS. Seems to be soon after hitting the objects, so there's probably something slightly different about them when initialised from a layout or a replay.

I haven't seen the speedup effect but it sounds like it will be easy to reproduce in the morning. I guess it's not related to the OOS but we'll see.
#78 - pipa
Quote from Squelch :Suggestion: I suspect this can't be fixed easily without a physics revision, but maybe increasing the footprint of speed bumps so they cannot be placed so close together without intersecting would work.

Should leave that up the layout creators.
Okay, the layouts corners are still like Z28, can you fix that?
woow! a new patch! how can i play with older server versions? install a second lfs?
Quote from insaneltu :Okay, the layouts corners are still like Z28, can you fix that?

I really don't know what you mean.

Maybe a screen shot would help.
Did we just get a new clutch/engine model?
Suddenly I have much better/realistic throttle respons on idle and low revs. And the clutch doesn't overheat so easely.

Really great feel!!!

... or aren't we allowed to talk about that here
Quote from Scawen :I really don't know what you mean.

Maybe a screen shot would help.

I'l adding .mpr, because it's hard to explain, and my english is not so good
Attached files
Layouts.mpr - 7.3 KB - 358 views
-
(JazzOn) DELETED by JazzOn
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : never mind
Quote :I've updated to this by accident (used in-game auto-updater) so can't connect to CG servers at the mo.

Why is this beta update all of a sudden included in the auto-updater?

People tend to not read and just click buttons
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : who cares
Quote from reineh :Did we just get a new clutch/engine model?
Suddenly I have much better/realistic throttle respons on idle and low revs. And the clutch doesn't overheat so easely.

Really great feel!!!

... or aren't we allowed to talk about that here

I feel it too Clutch isn't so snappy anymore. I can launch the XRT without hearing tire screeching All these new objects are awesome too. Thanks a lot for this patch!
Quote from cargame.nl :Why is this beta update all of a sudden included in the auto-updater?

People tend to not read and just click buttons

Because they are already using a "beta" version of LFS. If you use the official Z28 there is no suggestion to update.

[IMG*]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Fts--z6K_wE/SxKNTeSjZ5I/AAAAAAAAAP0/g_2kfrwcKHs/s1600/82-Read+More.jpg[/IMG]
Quote :Unknown ISP packet...
Airio disconnected from cargame.nl S1
Closing connection : DONE

F.........................

:chairs:

Quote from Krane :Because they are already using a "beta" version of LFS. If you use the official Z28 there is no suggestion to update.

It's not about what I read ffs
OK Airio crashes as soon as you hit an object.

Hopefully EQ Worry has a quickfix tomorrow (this) morning. I'm not there all day to make matters even worse.. Ppfff...
Quote from pärtan :I feel it too Clutch isn't so snappy anymore. I can launch the XRT without hearing tire screeching All these new objects are awesome too. Thanks a lot for this patch!

There seem to be a few undocumented bonuses. Anyone else noticed the camera momentum in shift+U?

Edit: I captured one of the acceleration boosts.

Edit2: Just a thought. Would reverting the speed bumps back to ice friction model get around that perfect acceleration?
Attached images
Bump_NOS.PNG
#90 - SJB
Yay what a great improvement, now I can install a second LFS to join z28 or z34 servers... GREAT.

Oh, just saw cargame has problems with airio... great, cant upgrade the server to 0.6A1 now and ppl cant join anymore the z34 server... great great great.

Edit: just made some speed hump tests: if you go faster, the car shakes less... made a test lay with 10 speed humps, about 1 car gap between the humps. At 50kmh the car is shaking badly (like in RL), but at 120 kmh almost no shaking??
why warming tyres is only available in hotlap mode ?? is it possible in some other test patch to add that to online and race mode ?
Quote from c.a.D.J. :why warming tyres is only available in hotlap mode ?? is it possible in some other test patch to add that to online and race mode ?

Quote from Scawen :I would agree with you, if hotlaps required the user to go straight off the start line and do one lap. But it doesn't, they do all sorts of things to get the tyres up to temperature (sometimes quite extreme like donuts or driving along a wall with the front wheels on full lock) and when they start the lap, they may have done any number of laps before that.
Snip

In essence, watching a WR-replay that you have to first endure 10minutes of acrobatics so the driver gets the tire's temperature to optimal is not fun to anyone. In online races it doesn't matter because the conditions are same for everyone and usually in real life you don't have tire warmers on starting grid anyway (until the start).

Spam
Quote from cargame.nl :F.........................:chairs:It's not about what I read ffs]

I know, it was not directed to you but "you". I knew perfectly well you quoted Jenk from cargame.nl forum.
Quote from SJB :Yay what a great improvement, now I can install a second LFS to join z28 or z34 servers... GREAT.

Oh, just saw cargame has problems with airio... great, cant upgrade the server to 0.6A1 now and ppl cant join anymore the z34 server... great great great.

What are you doing in the test patch forum if you don't understand the concept of test patches?
Quote from Krane :I know, it was not directed to you but "you". I knew perfectly well you quoted Jenk from cargame.nl forum.

Yeah... Well no problem mate.

I'm just a little bit frustrated in the way this is launched all of a sudden. But.. Hmmz.. Maybe we have to be happy this is launched anyway, I do not know.

I discovered that all autocross layouts are affected by this and if I remove them, at least it's running normally.

Quote from morpha :What are you doing in the test patch forum if you don't understand the concept of test patches?

This is no test patch anymore if half of the active community is running this ´test patch´ (and I cannot blame them)
Quote from cargame.nl :I discovered that all autocross layouts are affected by this and if I remove them, at least it's running normally.
This is no test patch anymore if half of the active community is running this ´test patch´ (and I cannot blame them)

This is the first - and hopefully only according to Scawen - incompatible patch, so it has to be expected that some things will get broken. It seems Airio is one of the casualties, and I'm sure there will be others. Yes it seems that any new patch gets taken up very quickly. For a server admin it must be hard when users expect everything to just work, and maybe don't understand the need for testing. I see it as a bonus where more bugs will be discovered quickly
Yeah.. Well..

I catch some hours sleep now, hopefully Worry has some time this morning to implement an ISP_AXO ignore routine and lets hope for the best.
bug found

if i am on multiplayer, not sure what the conditions are exactly, but i tried to go to custom view, and body was set to be drawn; not only did the V button lag heavily, but when supposed to be custom view, it was not rendering any part of my car.

this happenned about half of the time i put it into custom view

EDIT: i think it was mentioned, but shift-u doesnt work at all on single player for me.
Quote from cargame.nl :I catch some hours sleep now, hopefully Worry has some time this morning to implement an ISP_AXO ignore routine and lets hope for the best.

I believe the only "incompatible" additional packet are the admin commands being reported to InSim. All the other hit/contact/layout packets are optional and not sent in the current Airio versions. Hm, maybe I should ask Scawen (also in the InSim thread) to make it optional as well to keep some compatibility. Anyway, I have updated the library a bit to accept the new packet types.
Quote from insaneltu :I'l adding .mpr, because it's hard to explain, and my english is not so good

I see, you mean the collisions are not good when you hit the end of an object. No, that will not be changed in this version.

Quote from EQ Worry :I believe the only "incompatible" additional packet are the admin commands being reported to InSim. All the other hit/contact/layout packets are optional and not sent in the current Airio versions. Hm, maybe I should ask Scawen (also in the InSim thread) to make it optional as well to keep some compatibility. Anyway, I have updated the library a bit to accept the new packet types.

Is there any reason why Aririo closes if it gets an unknown packet? I think all InSim programs should simply ignore unknown packets, if their size is valid, just skip it and carry on.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6A1 (old content / old physics / many updates)
(304 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG