The online racing simulator
Quote from [Audi TT] :I understand Online Race Results autocross (AU1, BL3) are not recorded on LFS World?

yes. they never did show up on lfs world, even though BL3 is listed in the chart.

but i did see someone with times listed for BL3, no idea what that's all about.

edit: as for the open configs (X / Y), they won't show up either.
Quote from Scawen :Dear Racers.

As you know by now, the aim now is simply to fix the bugs and make any necessary small and safe improvements so we can release the official version 0.6B hopefully on Friday. We will release a test patch before that to test the fixes.

0.6B => does this LFS version still a version old contents/physics but with all the recent improvements ?
or new physics with old contents ?
or more ?
(sorry for being curious)
Quote from bunder9999 :yes. they never did show up on lfs world, even though BL3 is listed in the chart.

bl3 not needed in Online Racer Stats so it does not track.
Quote from flotch :0.6b => does this lfs version still a version old contents/physics but with all the recent improvements ?
Or new physics with old contents ?
Or more ?

note : This does not contain new tyre physics / vw scirocco / rockingham
Quote from bunder9999 :note : This does not contain new tyre physics / vw scirocco / rockingham

not said so explicitaly in Scawen last post
Quote from Flotch :0.6B => does this LFS version still a version old contents/physics but with all the recent improvements ?

old content / old physics / many updates in the name of the topic
Quote from [Audi TT] :old content / old physics / many updates in the name of the topic

yes, for the 0.6A1 test patch
I can read too
Quote from bunder9999 :yes. they never did show up on lfs world, even though BL3 is listed in the chart.

Race tracking and races history are shown for races on open configs. Only PB's are not stored.

Quote from Flotch :0.6B => does this LFS version still a version old contents/physics but with all the recent improvements ?
or new physics with old contents ?
or more ?

Well... I'm not sure how many times per day I'll need to say this, this week, but I'll say it again.

This (0.6A1, 0.6A2, etc) is a test patch for 0.6B. That means, 0.6B will be exactly the same as 0.6Ax but with bugs removed.
ok sir
When we will release an official patch with changes in physics, there will be a series of test patches before the official release, also with changes in physics.

That's how we've done it for years now, we release test patches before the final release. This way, we know that the final release has a good chance of being stable and bug free.

What we don't do is release dozens of test patches, then release something completely different. Because that wouldn't really make much sense.
Quote from Scawen : And I've got another possible way to improve the prediction from your computer so it can make a better estimate of how many packets it needs to send for your car, so minimising the error between position packets. I'm interested to give that a go one day but it's a big bit of work and will not be in this patch.

My opinion is that the real problem is not a badly designed position packet system but people connecting to a popular server from all over the world. The knowledge about ping, overall line quality and even FPS are much lower then I expected with this simulator.

Someone from Australia, China, outer Russia or whatever thinks he/she can join a server in Europe without causing problems. I would rather see some energy spend on automatic server redirection upon connect. I hosted some very popular COD2 servers (b4 my ex-gf got very annoyed of the noise ) and it was very successful. Not only the quality of connections can be controlled by the server admin but also 'overflowing' of a particular server and some other neat (LFS) things like car choice monitoring in case of a multiclass server.

The problem of many racers from 'abroad' is, that they want to join the popular European servers but fail in online racing because of a poor connection. In the end they abandon this simulator and LFS never gets a stable ground worldwide.

---
But, I understand this is all off topic.. Working towards this official release is the main goal. My frustration has settled (big thnx to EQ Worry ) , lets see how this develops.

I see some version separation in the racing community right now. Will adjust versions according to demand.
I thought the reset of all hotlaps was planned only for a major changes in physics. Not to say the changes are not major ones in these test patches.
I love those : 1st especially if the collisions in SO are now done better, and 2nd the availability of setting the T° of the tyres in setup screen)
Frenzy hotlappers will have work to do with 'same' physics !!
[\impatient child mode]
Yes, we agree 100%. The hotlap tables will not be reset, because there isn't a significant change in physics. The new exe has the old collision code in it and the ability to avoid converting objects to the new object system so that it can use that when it runs old replays, so they don't go OOS.

However, as the rules have changed a bit, some hotlaps will be deleted (and an email will be sent to their owner).

The hotlaps that will be deleted nearly all fit into these two categories :

1) Hotlaps with a pit stop
2) Hotlaps (mostly at SO) with a wall hit that was undetected by the old HLVC wall hit check

Number (2) will affect quite a lot of hotlaps. For example, about 55 South City world record hotlaps will be deleted because of this.

EDIT : Please hotlappers do try out the 0.6A1 hotlapping system. Victor and I worked for quite a while to try and make sure the wall hit detection was "fair". That means - invalidating hotlaps if the hit was significant, but trying not to invalidate them when there is a small scrape that wouldn't really benefit the lap time. Clearly there's a slight grey area but we had to draw the line somewhere.
Quote :about 55 South City world record hotlaps will be deleted because of this.

More than half hotlaps South City will be removed from the wall. Hotlaps will only slow time
OT
Quote from [Audi TT] :More than half hotlaps South Whales will be removed from the wall. Hotlaps will only slow time

I know it wasn't intentional, and translation probably let you down, but that must be the funniest thing I've read, and for those that know South Wales, is so true.
Quote from Squelch :OT
I know it wasn't intentional, and translation probably let you down, but that must be the funniest thing I've read, and for those that know South Wales, is so true.

ahah, sorry)) wrong
Quote :EDIT : Please hotlappers do try out the 0.6A1 hotlapping system. Victor and I worked for quite a while to try and make sure the wall hit detection was "fair". That means - invalidating hotlaps if the hit was significant, but trying not to invalidate them when there is a small scrape that wouldn't really benefit the lap time. Clearly there's a slight grey area but we had to draw the line somewhere.

You need a replay of LPS 0.6A1 or z28 is enough to check?
I don't want to watch it because I am busy, and I don't know if you are making a point. Are you saying the detection is good or bad? I would just like you to test it thoroughly and tell me if you find a problem, where the wall hit detection seems to be wrong. In that case (which I hope does not happen) I would have to watch the replay. Or maybe after some good testing, and you don't find a problem, you can let us know that you think it's ok.
Quote :I am busy, and I don't know if you are making a point.

I put my starting point in the layout.
I DO NOT KNOW if it was reported already, but...

It's some kind of bug: when you fall into underworld, you actually freeze there. If you reset, you are being reset in the very same spot. The only way to get from there is pitting or joining the spectators.

I've attached the picture.

I think it's quite an easy bug to reproduce. I've noticed that there are some spots where 'retiring' works fine, but there are more of those where it doesn't work.

P.S. It happens both in open and closed configs.
Attached images
Capture.PNG
Quote from Scawen :EDIT : Please hotlappers do try out the 0.6A1 hotlapping system. Victor and I worked for quite a while to try and make sure the wall hit detection was "fair". That means - invalidating hotlaps if the hit was significant, but trying not to invalidate them when there is a small scrape that wouldn't really benefit the lap time. Clearly there's a slight grey area but we had to draw the line somewhere.

Tried that and imo it's fair and everything works well.

Now I need to watch every South City wr so I can see which ones I can try to take after official patch release.
I think on straight track protection to be shut off because any scratches on the fence or the angle of apex rotation causes HLVC.
But I want to hear from other people's opinions.
Attached images
LFS 2011-06-12 16-15-11-16.jpg
Attached files
[Audi TT]_SO3_FXR.spr - 34.1 KB - 288 views
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG