The online racing simulator
Apart form the crash after driver screen, everything went well with a fresh Z28 and patched. It's worth pointing out, the driver will remain unnamed, so needs swapping to the name you previously entered when LFS is restarted.

A minor niggle with markers and chalk. They are 180 degrees out, so placing a marker after a chalk mark has been placed, then needs to be rotated.

Also, the naming of some objects could be refined.
Some suggestions
  • Chalk Left - OK
  • Chalk Left2 -> Chalk Hard L
  • Chalk Left3 -> Chalk Curve L
Do the objects actually need naming so verbosely in the editor? When we had a long list, it was relevant, but they all appear under their own sections now. for example, the above list under chalk simply becomes:
  • Left
  • Hard Left
  • Curve Left
Marshall objects are the exception, and are an example of my meaning. For InSim applications, objects will be addressed by their index, so the long names are superfluous now.
Good work when comes VWS btw i want drive that car!
Bang Tidy... Slowly slowly catchy monkey..
Quote from [Audi TT] :bug track au2

old bugs, been around for ages.

scawen, a question about the drag and drop functionality of replays... why can't i drop them into the lfs window to play them? i have to back out to the lobby and the desktop, and then drag the replay to the exe... can that be made easier?
#55 - 13OB
Thanks for the new patch Scawen! The new layout editor objects are great, however I've found a bug with the speed humps, if there is lots in a line its acts as, dare i say it, NOS. Ive attached a replay of what I mean.
Attached files
speedhumpnos2.spr - 10 KB - 315 views
Quote from 13OB :... bug with the speed humps, if there is lots in a line its acts as, dare i say it, NOS. Ive attached a replay of what I mean.

I'm getting "replay OOS error" at 06.81
Quote from bunder9999 :old bugs, been around for ages.

scawen, a question about the drag and drop functionality of replays... why can't i drop them into the lfs window to play them? i have to back out to the lobby and the desktop, and then drag the replay to the exe... can that be made easier?

Does it work if you just double-click them?
Quote from Silverracer :I'm getting "replay OOS error" at 06.81

Me too.

13OB, is your exe modified?
#58 - 13OB
Quote from Scawen :Does it work if you just double-click them?

Me too. Is your exe modified?

I have analogue gauges on ill turn them off atm 2 seconds.

EDIT. Changed the spr on my other post

EDIT: Just checked I get that oos error too, might be down to the bug maybe? Ill upload the layout
Attached files
AU1_speedbumpnos.lyt - 2.4 KB - 336 views
Quote from Scawen :Does it work if you just double-click them?

probably, i never put in the registry keys when i installed lfs.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Offtopic + bunder hopefully already saw this...
Quote from Scawen :I did forget to put the new InSim.txt in the patch. You can get it here :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74717

Yes, I intended that the PLC packet should be not such a harsh function as the /cars function now is. IS_PLC just sets which cars a player is allowed to select, but doesn't kick them out if they had already selected one which they are no longer allowed to select.

Sorry, I should have seen it I guess I was to excited that I got stuck to the patch test thread

I just tested the CON, HLV, OBH and ACR packets, they work great . Enjoy your well deserved weekend
Quote from Scawen :The replay version is mainly so that LFS knows if autocross objects in the replay refer to old numbers (track is then not converted) or new numbers (track is converted as usual).

No, I haven't yet had anything like enough spare time to generate an object size data file.

Oooh I see ... lyt info is ... different now

as for size data: No hurry, I was just asking in case you just missed to put it into the txt-files
Can any one send me z34 lfs.exe? now i can't connect to cargames.nl.....
Edit: got it
Is there a reason why there is no HLVC_OBJECT in the HLVC enumeration or should I read HLVC_WALL as "hit some object"? In some corners it's possible to hit objects before hitting ground or wall. If you hit an object (tyres on inside of corner for example) InSim tells me the player hit a wall. I think it's nice to be able to tell the user if he hit an object or a wall without checking the OBH packet.
Thanks scawen. Even I don't race anymore (sold my wheel) I still can have fun in lfs.
Really glad that you gave some new objects, started making layouts straight away.

I have a suggestion. Is it possible to make chalk line lenghts modifiable?
I like line2 but it's so short, if you could increase&reduce the length of it I wouldn't have to add so many objects.

e. curved lines would be very useful too!
Quote from 13OB :I have analogue gauges on ill turn them off atm 2 seconds.

EDIT. Changed the spr on my other post

EDIT: Just checked I get that oos error too, might be down to the bug maybe? Ill upload the layout

An instant replay seems to work, but after going back to the entry screen, and running the replay, it OOS.

The speedup seems to happen when the shocks are destroyed. Regulating the speed without damage doesn't give a boost. Even going over the humps without damage still gives an OOS.
Attached files
Squelch_AU1_XFG_2.spr - 15.7 KB - 323 views
Quote from Squelch :The speedup seems to happen when the shocks are destroyed.

i ran over them a few times in the xrg with the rallycross setup, and it didn't damage my suspension... and that was going full tilt too.

i'd show you, but my replay also OOSes a few bumps in.

edit: one thing i noticed while watching replays. if the replay does OOS, you can move the camera around, but you can't rotate or pitch it.
Quote from bunder9999 :i ran over them a few times in the xrg with the rallycross setup, and it didn't damage my suspension... and that was going full tilt too.

i'd show you, but my replay also OOSes a few bumps in.

edit: one thing i noticed while watching replays. if the replay does OOS, you can move the camera around, but you can't rotate or pitch it.

If you watch his original replay. Press Esc, then Test Drive. You can drive his setup etc, I can confirm that if you go over them whilst hard accelerating in (almost) any gear. You do indeed get progressively faster.

I did two experiments. Full acceleration from his start point. I saw at what speed I hit the wall at the other end by using and not using the bumps.

Without: 110mph and a time of 15.24 seconds.
With: 138mph and a time of 13.55 seconds.

It seems to be something to do with how the wheels spin when they're not in contact with the bumps. This then speeds the car up to the wheel speed.

As previously stated all SPRs I attempt to watch after saving lead to an OOS problem. Suspension is still intact at the end of the run too.
Quote from azasmith14 :If you watch his original replay. Press Esc, then Test Drive. You can drive his setup etc, I can confirm that if you go over them whilst hard accelerating in (almost) any gear. You do indeed get progressively faster.

i'm not debating that, i'm just saying it's not suspension damage that causes the OOS.

whether or not a real car would do the same, i'm not sure. i vaguely remember something that the mythbusters did that was similar, i'm going to go through my pvr.
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm not debating that, i'm just saying it's not suspension damage that causes the OOS.

whether or not a real car would do the same, i'm not sure. i vaguely remember something that the mythbusters did that was similar, i'm going to go through my pvr.

I wasn't debating your debate. I know it's not. Someone else said that. I'm new to the conversation.

Well, you would imagine that a normal car would stay at the same speed. As it did when I drove over it at a safe speed and then accelerated in a higher gear. The episode of Mythbusters you are thinking of is "Driving faster on a bumpy road makes a less bumpy ride"
Scawen: is there any chance you could allow ramps to overlap? This would make ramps smoother, if you want I could PM you another idea I had aswell having to do with ramps that would please many people.

But first it is essential for ramps to overlap.
hacker on 0.6A1 server (demo) username "krup"
Attached files
krup hacker.mpr - 254.1 KB - 384 views
#72 - pipa
Quote from azasmith14 :Without: 110mph and a time of 15.24 seconds.
With: 138mph and a time of 13.55 seconds.

I second that. Selected testdrive and got the same results.

E: On a sidenote, great patch scawen .
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :hacker on 0.6A1 server (demo) username "krup"

disgusting.

on a side note, what's he driving on that's causing the scraping and skidding sounds?

Quote :Well, you would imagine that a normal car would stay at the same speed. As it did when I drove over it at a safe speed and then accelerated in a higher gear. The episode of Mythbusters you are thinking of is "Driving faster on a bumpy road makes a less bumpy ride"

rough road driving, yeah that was it. i thought they had better footage of going over the corrugated road, but you only see a section after they've hit it... i was looking for the initial hit to see how much the rear wheels lift up when they hit the bumps. ah well.

edit: but they probably shouldn't cause moon bounce.
Quote from bunder9999 :i'm not debating that, i'm just saying it's not suspension damage that causes the OOS.

I merely observed that the speed boost happened at the same time as the shocks went red. Cause and effect, which did which? If the boost happens without damage on the XRG, then it must be the extra boost that damaged the XFG's shocks. I used a default setup btw.

Edit:
Quote from bunder9999 :
edit: but they probably shouldn't cause moon bounce.

Omg Scawen, you've created a monster!
Seriously, it seems to me that the physics get overloaded with multiple bumps like that. Perhaps a threshold is reached where the whole force is unleashed.

Suggestion: I suspect this can't be fixed easily without a physics revision, but maybe increasing the footprint of speed bumps so they cannot be placed so close together without intersecting would work.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :hacker on 0.6A1 server (demo) username "krup"

this deserves ban permanent BY IP

THE Z34 was already HAPPENING THIS EVENT nos mod xrg
user crup
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6A1 (old content / old physics / many updates)
(304 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG