The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I really want it lowered but i am afraid i will damage my carter/oilpan or whatever its called, mayeb my front wheels will rub because they almost hit the stock ones already at the front and i have to work out to get them on but i am sure my dad will help me as i am not a real good mechanic myself... ahemmm

edit: those bbs look awesome too on a golf 5
Quote from S14 DRIFT :We have a winner.

Eibach sportline kit. about a 50mm drop at the front, 30-35mm at the rear. Handles alot nicer, haven't been out of town as only got them fitted yesterday however much less body roll, ride is firm but comfy.

saving for the Eibach damper kit to match the springs. eheheh.

Needs moar lows

Looks much better though, not sure about those A3 alloys though? What colour are you gonna get them refurbished in?
Black or Gunmetal grey.

Don't really want to go much lower, definately not on the standard shocks and if it sits like that with 17" wheels on with the Eibach dampers then i'll be alright with that.
if you drive it every day, then that is definately low enough.

think of times where you needed the extra ride height, unexpectedly (ie. extra-high speed bump, pulling out of an elevated drive, pot-hole.. ect.)
My drive is really steep D:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :hehehehe.

on actual topic;

I'm gonna get pulled for those am I Mr Physcoman?

Are they pressed ones? Dubmeister ones look a lot better

Picking up mine on Sunday, I also bought the same surrounds as you, wise choice
Yeah they are. Dubmiester are the ones to go for but require copies of V5's and stuff and blah couldn't be bothered. There was a group buy on the golf site but still was looking at £29 a set!

Did you get the surrounds for the front as well? I've only got the rear and not sure if i should get the front as well..
Yeah I got a pair of surrounds on ebay for like £12

Also, http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/dealer-locator/ Just pop your post-code in and see if there's anywhere near you. Then just call in with your V5 and order them, go back in a couple of days and pick them up!

Pretty much how it will look
Quote from G!NhO :I really want it lowered but i am afraid i will damage my carter/oilpan or whatever its called, mayeb my front wheels will rub because they almost hit the stock ones already at the front and i have to work out to get them on but i am sure my dad will help me as i am not a real good mechanic myself... ahemmm

edit: those bbs look awesome too on a golf 5

the e30 is a tank dont worry,your oil pan will break the pothole
Quote from G!NhO :I really want it lowered but i am afraid i will damage my carter/oilpan or whatever its called, mayeb my front wheels will rub because they almost hit the stock ones already at the front and i have to work out to get them on but i am sure my dad will help me as i am not a real good mechanic myself... ahemmm

In most cars i've come across, the crossmember tends to sit slightly lower than the sump, you're more likely to hit that. And your exhaust...and your chassis rails...

My brothers car is 25mm off the ground at its lowest point and its never hit the sump, no scratch marks what so ever.

Its hit pretty much everything else under the car, though.
Quote from e2mustang :the e30 is a tank dont worry,your oil pan will break the pothole

Haha no i don't think so

@klutch i bet you guys dont have 1 meter high speedbumps every 10m. Haha i already scrape my exhaust sometimes with 4 people in the car. ;s
nah we don't, the only speedbumps we have are in carparks, at which point if they're too high you just park across the road or down the street lol
Lucky you!
I will most probably get me a BMW 316i (1997) soon!
Don't get a 4 cylinder come on! At least a 320i.
6cyl or nothing.
A 318is is fine too.

POST 5000, WOOHOO. :yipee:
Quote from e2mustang :the e30 is a tank dont worry,your oil pan will break the pothole

Quote from Klutch :In most cars i've come across, the crossmember tends to sit slightly lower than the sump, you're more likely to hit that. And your exhaust...and your chassis rails...

My brothers car is 25mm off the ground at its lowest point and its never hit the sump, no scratch marks what so ever.

Its hit pretty much everything else under the car, though.

Actually no, e30's have the worst designed sumps ever IMO, they sit far lower than the subframe. And when you put in a 24v motor from an e36 or so on they tend to sit even lower. I have about 6 inches clearance, and I'm not even "low". If you look straight under, you can see that my sump sits lower than the front lip
lol. i was just joking btw. on my car i got around 3 inches or less from ground,only thing protects it is the xbrace. i never even hit it once
316i I went to see was total rubbish. Next week probably going to see either the 316i or the 318i which I have also been interested in.
Haven't followed the thread lately, so sorry if you've already mentioned it, but will it be your first car?
Quote from morpha :Haven't followed the thread lately, so sorry if you've already mentioned it, but will it be your first car?

About 100 pages in the past I posted a mazda Mazda xedos 6 from 1991. 1.6L
Had this since december 2010. 300BHP/352lbft Astra SRi Turbo.

300bhp from a Z20LET is reportedly a big bang waiting o happen. Looks nice though, dyno printout plz?

Looks standard better than if it had stupid bodykit and mahsooveeive vwefr wheels.
Nah, its going past 300BHP on the Z20LET thats a problem. When people start pushing 320, 330BHP you can kiss it goodbye. Got the dnyo print in my bedroom, not taken a photo yet tho. lol.

Its been lowered since that photo, but not massivly. Just enough so the wheels hug the archs and it doesnt look like a monster truck.

Edit: Also, J its getting forged later in the year, so if it goes bang it will do me a favor !
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG