The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :I disagree, real racers think nk-pro formula physics are poor, especially in terms of force feedback

Wrong.

I have driven the FR 2.0 IRL, and I must say the netkar pro FR 2.0 feels just like it. I am blowen away by it
Quote from sil3ntwar :Who looks at the maps....

I learn tracks by driving not looking at maps.

what is this spam
or am i mistaken
for not seeing a post asking about how someone learns tracks

oh and it doesnt make you cooler nor faster if thats the reasoning of the post D:
Quote from Tomhah :Wrong.

I have driven the FR 2.0 IRL, and I must say the netkar pro FR 2.0 feels just like it. I am blowen away by it

Ask Dennis what he thinks about the FFB.
Quote from Fuse5 :what is this spam
or am i mistaken
for not seeing a post asking about how someone learns tracks

oh and it doesnt make you cooler nor faster if thats the reasoning of the post D:

thanks for your posts very informative
Quote from BlueFlame :Ask Dennis what he thinks about the FFB.

What makes one persons opinion overrule anothers, Blueflame? Especially when you yourself don't have a ****ing clue what it's like to drive one of those cars?
Quote from DeKo : Especially when you yourself don't have a ****ing clue what it's like to drive one of those cars?

Exactly, so I'll trust someones opinion who has.
Quote from BlueFlame :Exactly, so I'll trust someones opinion who has.

But the person you quoted has also driven the car, so what makes one persons opinion more important than another persons?
Quote from DeKo :But the person you quoted has also driven the car, so what makes one persons opinion more important than another persons?

He said I was wrong. I'm giving my reasons behind my opinion that I already had before they were confirmed by someone who's driven similar cars to that of the ones on nKp.
Quote from sil3ntwar :thanks for your posts very informative

you're welcome
i was just pointing out your apparent need to be an ass just for the sake of it. If that was already evident to you, sorry for telling you something you already know
Ironically, I have a feeling this game might have alot better tire modelling than iRacing does. If that doesn't start ringing bells for people, I don't know what does
Quote from Tuze :Ironically, I have a feeling this game might have alot better tire modelling than iRacing does.

There's no doubt about it at the moment.
NKP has always had the best raw feel from driving, but the tracks and netcode completely let it down for me. If iRacing felt like NK I would never play anything else.
I feel like NKP's only failing is the netcode. There's a tonne of user-created tracks, so tracks aren't even a problem really.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I feel like NKP's only failing is the netcode. There's a tonne of user-created tracks, so tracks aren't even a problem really.

iRacing spoils tracks for me personally, driving on Aston just feels shocking after driving tracks with real bumps. NK tracks have the same problem.
Quote from DeKo :iRacing spoils tracks for me personally, driving on Aston just feels shocking after driving tracks with real bumps. NK tracks have the same problem.

But LFS/nKp spoils physics for me, so driving on iR gives me a "meh" feeling.
Quote from DeKo :iRacing spoils tracks for me personally, driving on Aston just feels shocking after driving tracks with real bumps. NK tracks have the same problem.

I still doubt the validity of the 'real' bump claims. The laser scanning won't be accurate enough to get them from there, and the datalogging from real cars will have too much noise to make plotting bumps accurately (except possibly the largest bumps). So I think iRacing is mostly made up of random bumps added to the contact mesh, rather than 'real' bumps.

So LFS/nKP could add lots of random bump noise to achieve the same effect.

Then, when you drive on a track in real life, even a 'bumpy' one, you'll see that you don't feel the bumps through steering weight changes...
There are of course different ways to add random bumps. Rfactor's and ISI's "random road waves" is probably the worst example and imho iracing's method is so far the best. Just the fact alone that there are bumps gives a ton of character to a track.

I've been doing some tracks with bob's track builder and it has quite neat feature which basically adds bumps simply by changing the 3d mesh of the track (you just edit the maximum of the randomness). Plus you can easily add bumps by manually editing the vertices of the road surface. It takes literally few minutes, maybe 30 minutes to do the whole track and it totally escapes me why so many btb and rfactor tracks are so smooth. I can't believe it is much harder to do with purpose-built 3d-editing software if it is so easy with a 50$ app.

Apart from some other reasons (or failures of not being able to have bumps on tracks) imho it is just plain lazyness or done on purpose that many tracks are just so smooth.

I have no idea why nkpro or lfs devs don't do that. Nkpro's Aosta for example is just plain smooth with few accidental "sharp edges" in the 3d-model. Just like lfs' south city has only few clearly accidental bumps. Imho the tools are there but developers in most cases have simply chosen to have smooth tracks instead of having any bumps.
the thing about the bumps in iracing is that a rally stage usually has less bumps than what you feel in iracing
Quote from Shotglass :the thing about the bumps in iracing is that a rally stage usually has less bumps than what you feel in iracing

That's just plain wrong argument and opinion. Please expand your circle of understanding to us.
Quote from Hyperactive :That's just plain wrong argument and opinion. Please expand your circle of understanding to us.

last time i tried iracing it made me feel more and bigger bumps through the wheel than ive ever felt even on the crappiest of public roads (granted german roads by and large are excellent but they certainly are a lot worse than your average race track in terms of bumpyness)
Perhaps because flat roads get bumpier, the faster you drive.
sure they do
but even taking the (quite often horrid) right lane on an autobahn at 180+ wont give you as much bumpyness as some of the straights in iracing do
Quote from tristancliffe :I still doubt the validity of the 'real' bump claims. The laser scanning won't be accurate enough to get them from there, and the datalogging from real cars will have too much noise to make plotting bumps accurately (except possibly the largest bumps).

Laser scanning is actually that precise to be able to collect information with enough accuracy to collect data about the bumps. It is not millimeter-precise (iR says that the scanner they use has the precision of one inch for the distances they collect scans from) but gives enough information to create a physical surface that is far more real-feeling than any scratch made surface. Many real drivers (not only the guys from their adverts) said that the bumps they feel during driving IRL are in the same places on the virtual iRacing tracks.
The inpact of bumps on force feedback is other thing though. It varies from car to car. Solstice feels really smooth. Legends car, on the other hand, feels like a kart. Maybe the bumps influence on force feedback is too much in some cases, but FF is having other role here as well - it gives more feedback though the wheel to the driver - the feedback you would get when you sit in a car with your own bottom.
Quote from himself :The inpact of bumps on force feedback is other thing though. It varies from car to car. Solstice feels really smooth. Legends car, on the other hand, feels like a kart. Maybe the bumps influence on force feedback is too much in some cases, but FF is having other role here as well - it gives more feedback though the wheel to the driver - the feedback you would get when you sit in a car with your own bottom.

But it's the tire modelling / physics that's the problem, right? When it comes to iRacing FFB generally, sometimes I wish it were a little more like LFS FFB, reacting to everything, but other times the iRacing's FFB feels nice too. The wheel resistance thing for example, is one of the things of the iRacing FFB that I like.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG