The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :And then my replies to those questions about my report begin to be taken apart in turn themselves, in case they mean that the roof will fall down upon our heads.

Hhhmm, well, this is a strange community. Lots of different cultures, ages and so on. But most people are actually quite OK. If you post something don't feel that personal offended right away by the initial reactions. I didn't expect another report that soon but the communication strategy the last two months is really good and satisfying.

The last postings do clarify a lot. I also had hidden questions about these upcoming incompatible patch(es) and the timeframe for an official patch release after that. All is clear now, even the worried bit about ramps in South City... So.. Great..
hi scawen just like to say your doing a great job and thanks,,
all the best
Hi' Scaven.

I know you are busy now corrected the patch, etc. but whether it could be able to own or together with the layout to create the optimum driving line? It would be very helpful.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Scawen: I didn't mean to make it seem as the object system changes negatively affected LFS. It's a good benefit to LFS for sure. It jsut does have a bit of repercussions with recent layouts.

I'm not sure what you mean. Nearly all layouts already made, old or recent, will still load into the new version correctly and need no editing. What are the repercussions of improving the system and providing more objects?

The only exception I can think of is layouts made on the old "Autocross" track area with the "Banner AD1/2/3" objects. They are the old only objects in LFS that I can't provide a good substitute for. I decided to include the two ADBANNER objects from Blackwood because they are used in the training lesson layouts, but I didn't want to include the other 3 similar but different sized banners from Autocross to be available at all tracks.

So, an old layout from AU that contained Banner AD1/2/3 will load but without the banners. Other than that, all objects should still be available at all tracks, though there will be a few substitutions - the hexagonal based cones found at some tracks will be replaced (automatically) with a similar square cone and all the tyres will be replaced with new tyre stack objects of the same colour and similar size (radius might be up to 3cm smaller and some of the heights of tyre stacks are different because the new tyres have more realistic dimensions).
Quote from Woz :A quick question on Add/remove autox in the upcoming incompatible.

Will it include the ability to add/remove checkpoints on the track that become checkpoints that must be passed through in a race?

I would like to implement a dynamic checkpoint race where the race is X checkpoints long. A new checkpoints being added when as drivers pass through old checkpoints.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74405

Does it work at the moment? I mean, not by InSim of course, but if an admin moves a checkpoint? A quick look in the code suggests that it should work, because if an autocross checkpoint or finish line arrives in a packet, the checkpoints are worked out again.

The basic idea of the InSim control is to replicate what an admin can do manually in the editor. So if that works now, then it should work when it is done from an InSim packet.

It would be helpful if you could test that out for me and see if it works already (but manually). If it does, then I don't have to do anything special to support what you are talking about.
hi
I found a LX4 3d modeling bug
If someone hit the LX4 backend u get something like this.(see attachment)

i know its hard to fix and its not something to worry about it , i just thought to report it here.
Attached images
lx4bug.jpg
Quote from Bass-Driver :hi

i know its hard to fix and its not something to worry about it , i just thought to report it here.

that's always been like that.

And the rear wheels can still spin and have grip whilst not attached to the car visually :P
Quote from Scawen :Does it work at the moment? I mean, not by InSim of course, but if an admin moves a checkpoint? A quick look in the code suggests that it should work, because if an autocross checkpoint or finish line arrives in a packet, the checkpoints are worked out again.

The basic idea of the InSim control is to replicate what an admin can do manually in the editor. So if that works now, then it should work when it is done from an InSim packet.

It would be helpful if you could test that out for me and see if it works already (but manually). If it does, then I don't have to do anything special to support what you are talking about.

I will check out tonight when I get a space block of time and let you know

The same happens with all car in lfs, they dont have a steer column
I need help. Is there any way that I revert from Z34 back to Z28????
Sure, justfollow the instructions before installing the testpatch.-
If you didn't you can just redownload the game from the lfs page and overwrite the lfs.exe
oh yeah, thanks I forgot I got it backed up
Quote from nesrulz :Scawen/Victor, about win @ open conf., "/w win", no rec. (LFSW)?

It works as always. A win on an open config will be counted and the command "/w win" will display the total number of wins of a racer.
With the speed bumps from Kyoto as objects could they now be used instead of barriers on bl1 chicane? Or would you have to use open configuration to do that?

Hey victor. Would it be possible when s3/or next official patch for an update of lfs world to run on smartphone and such.

Sorry for offtopic.
I'm getting "OOS" and "Lost Synck with the Host" since Z.32.

Tried at a few servers and simetimes it goes lost sync and enters again automatically, but when I choose my car and go to the track, i get OOS and lost sync again.
Quote from Dudles :I'm getting "OOS" and "Lost Synck with the Host" since Z.32.

Tried at a few servers and simetimes it goes lost sync and enters again automatically, but when I choose my car and go to the track, i get OOS and lost sync again.

Possibly you have .vob mods. Remove them!
Scawen, finally got around to testing the checkpoint stuff.

I created a track with Start, CP1, CP2 and End. All fine.

If I delete CP1 and start the race it gives warning that CP1 not found. You do not get a split if you cross CP2 as it appears to want to detect crossing CP1 first.

I could get around this by always having the 3 on track and then when I want to move one just delete old position and add at new.

With the quick play around I have had I have found it does not always detect crossing the checkpoint. Not sure if I had too close together as all were within 1-200M of each other when I was testing as no wheel at the mo. I was testing with a mini "oval" on Fern Bay on mini loop people always asked to open on that track

Looks like I will not have time for this project for a while so if I am only one asking about dynamic checkpoint placement dont put any priority on it. I could always implement my own checkpoints using other items such as road marking items and collision detection on those for checkpoint processing when I can get back to this.
Quote from Woz :Scawen, finally got around to testing the checkpoint stuff.

I created a track with Start, CP1, CP2 and End. All fine.

If I delete CP1 and start the race it gives warning that CP1 not found. You do not get a split if you cross CP2 as it appears to want to detect crossing CP1 first.

I could get around this by always having the 3 on track and then when I want to move one just delete old position and add at new.

With the quick play around I have had I have found it does not always detect crossing the checkpoint. Not sure if I had too close together as all were within 1-200M of each other when I was testing as no wheel at the mo. I was testing with a mini "oval" on Fern Bay on mini loop people always asked to open on that track

Looks like I will not have time for this project for a while so if I am only one asking about dynamic checkpoint placement dont put any priority on it. I could always implement my own checkpoints using other items such as road marking items and collision detection on those for checkpoint processing when I can get back to this.

I think he means say you pass through checkpoint 1 first time, try moving it afterwards, does it work in 'lap 2' in the new position? If so you could make a route yourself using multiple laps by moving each checkpoint as you go through them. Only problem would be it would only work for 1 car in race afaik
Quote from ghowden :I think he means say you pass through checkpoint 1 first time, try moving it afterwards, does it work in 'lap 2' in the new position? If so you could make a route yourself using multiple laps by moving each checkpoint as you go through them. Only problem would be it would only work for 1 car in race afaik

Yes, that is what I mean, and yes it would be tricky to make it work during a race. I've had a quick check on a tiny loop in single player and it does seem to work, you can move the checkpoint and it will work as a checkpoint in its new position.

A changing route race with moving checkpoints could work while all the field is close together but would inevitably go wrong in long races. You could, for example, change the checkpoint 1 area when the leader crosses the finish line and change the checkpoint 2 area when the leader passes checkpoint 1. Then it would work for a while... until the time when a backmarker is near to but not past checkpoint 1 when the leader crosses the finish line.

Another way to have changing routes, safer for long races, would be to have fixed checkpoints but different ways to get there, by the use of barriers.
Quote from hotmail :A little bug at Layouts (every track)

For example in BL1X normaly you are starting at the blackwood starting straid. once you made a starting point some where ( in de editor) the normal grid is not working anymore.

Even when you delete the start point again , then it still starts at the starting point. and not at the normal blackwood grid.

in-short Startings points cant be deleted on open configs

Quote from troy :Yep, it will just restart on the (previously deleted) starting point, until you reload the complete layout without a custom start.

I can't reproduce this. I've been trying at BL1 and BL1X, both with checkpoints and without checkpoints, single player and multiplayer.

If I create a checkpoint and restart I'll be at the checkpoint, if I delete the checkpoint then restart I'll be on the grid.

Does anyone know how to create the conditions for this bug to appear?

EDIT : Some users helped with this - the bug doesn't appear if you SHIFT+R when you are alone on the track but the bug shows up (1) SHIFT+R in multiplayer with more than one car in the race or (2) in single player (or alone in multiplayer) if you pit and exit without pressing SHIFT+R.
In all the time I've been creating layouts, and doing them recently on the open configs, I've never seen this. I just tested it as well - works how you describe.

I can only assume the CR boys made a mistake somewhere I'm sure a short mpr or video would be the best way to show the bug.
Quote from DarkKostas :Possibly you have .vob mods. Remove them!

As far as i know i don't have Vob mods. I keep 2 LFS installed. One just for VOB mods and tweaking for offline use, and one LFS with only some texture mods, but it has always worked like a charm untill Z28. When I upgraded to the test patches it stopped working. But I've downloaded the zip file again and am going to install an immaculate original version to test it out.
The restart-at-deleted-start bug needs clarification. All is well when the actual race is restarted, but a per-person restart (i.e. Shift+R with more than 1 player on the track, which really is spec+join) will put you back to the deleted start, unless a new one was placed. The same applies to pit/re-join and normal (non-Shift-R) spec/re-join.
Quote from Scawen :I can't reproduce this. I've been trying at BL1 and BL1X, both with checkpoints and without checkpoints, single player and multiplayer.

If I create a checkpoint and restart I'll be at the checkpoint, if I delete the checkpoint then restart I'll be on the grid.

Does anyone know how to create the conditions for this bug to appear?

I can confirm that this bug exists, but I didn´t report it since I thought It already exists in Z28, but well, I haven´t use layouts so much in that versions..

How I get this, I loadead a layout, I make some changes on it, barriers etc.. Then I set a start point just to test a part of the layout, without need to drive the entire track.

I moved that start place some time, restarted race several times, etc, and then, I deleted start point.

Shift + P and participate and I was in the start point..

I hope I could be useful to try to reproduce it.. I cant try myselft now..
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG