The online racing simulator
Hi, in connection with new patches blocked my ability to unlock Live for Speed​​. Would it be possible to add one more chance?

PS. The problem also applies to my friend (patrykbajger)
4 bugs discovered

1. In this section the frame rate goes down with ~ -60 http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1304262973

2. Here if you touch the fence your tires gets stuck in it and you cant go out http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1304262973

3. When i minimize the game and open it up again the FFB of the wheel turns off but in the controls menu is on. I need to turn it off and on again to start functionating.

4. When i open the game it switches to small resolution and i need to config it every time.
Attached images
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Quote from BOSCHO :4 bugs discovered

3. When i minimize the game and open it up again the FFB of the wheel turns off but in the controls menu is on. I need to turn it off and on again to start functionating.

Have you tried SHIFT+C - Restore controller?
It is suggested somewhere (readme?) that minimising should be avoided, and Shift+F4 used instead.

My controller ffb drops when LFS has been minimised too btw.
Quote from BOSCHO :4 bugs discovered

1. In this section the frame rate goes down with ~ -60 http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1304262973

2. Here if you touch the fence your tires gets stuck in it and you cant go out http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1304262973

1. It's normal in open configs when you face the most of the track and framerate dropps. Already stated before multiple times.
2. Oh,yeah,the famous LFS catch fence - it catches you and never let's you go,also nothing new,I bet it's been reported hundreds of times (never seen though)...
people ! stop requesting and adding shit ! it slows down the rocco/rockingham/tire process !
!
!
!
on open configs LFSW isnt updating, im finishing races, but it still shows the previous (last finished race on normal track) + its not counting podiums, only thing whats updating is km's/ laps etc
Quote from Eclipsed :
2. Oh,yeah,the famous LFS catch fence - it catches you and never let's you go,also nothing new,I bet it's been reported hundreds of times (never seen though)...

This is related to the cross sectional area too, but also the direction of "entering" the obstacle (fence)

Many of the LFS objects appear to have one collision face. usually the one facing the track. It's already been said that hitting Armco from the wrong side does strange things, and the same is true for the catch fences. The other problem, is directly related to the cross sectional area it seems. If you hit the obstacle with enough velocity, it is possible to pass through it in between simulation steps. This means that you can end up completely stuck due to not being able to pass back through, or you get fired off into space possibly because of confusion over the force vectors being out of bounds.

Little experiment:
Drive up ramp2 and perform a car reset.
The momentary mid air crossing of the deck before the car lands causes the car to be sent airborne. I believe this same thing happens when we patially pass though an object between simulation frames.
Quote from BADLVBOY :on open configs LFSW isnt updating, im finishing races, but it still shows the previous (last finished race on normal track) + its not counting podiums, only thing whats updating is km's/ laps etc

Same as for layout racing. These tracks are not official on LFSW.
I don't know if someone has asked this before, but is there a reason the object limit is set to 800?

What about setting it to 1000, or more?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm making a cruise layout for AS5X, and I'm only done with 60% of it, but only have 100 objects left to use.
You want everyone to have 5 FPS?
Quote from cargame.nl :You want everyone to have 5 FPS?

No, but Scawen made to decrease it with 300, why wouldn't he make to decrease it more?
Quote from cargame.nl :You want everyone to have 5 FPS?

When z30 first released i placed all 800 objects in front of me as barriers. I had no lag at all. Only Open Configs are making the difference and possibly "movable" objects like tires and cones. But as Carlos said he want to make a cruise layout which we all know its made of barriers...
Then I would earlier suggest a longer barrier (someone did that already) then support of more objects.

Tires, the four stack of them are the most killing FPS wise, as far as I know.
Quote from Eclipsed :1. It's normal in open configs when you face the most of the track and framerate dropps. Already stated before multiple times.

1. There in the cruise servers you see all the sirens in the track so its not normal
2. You just need to touch it to grab you
Quote from BOSCHO :
2. You just need to touch it to grab you

Those areas would not normally expected to be driven would they?

I've already explained my theory about why it possibly happens, but IMHO these particular ones do not need to be fixed, at least not right now, but maybe as an vestigial artefact of other "race specific" collision fixes. The same goes for the area around the stands.
Quote from DenonForce14 :No, but Scawen made to decrease it with 300, why wouldn't he make to decrease it more?

For me FPS has only increased, no idea what you're talking about.
Quote from E.Reiljans :For me FPS has only increased, no idea what you're talking about.

Read above posts and you'll see.
Quote from DenonForce14 :Read above posts and you'll see.

It's silly to compare FPS on tracks that LFS didn't had before. That's like comparing some car's laptime on Nurburgring vs Laguna Seca.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's silly to compare FPS on tracks that LFS didn't had before. That's like comparing some car's laptime on Nurburgring vs Laguna Seca.

What are you even talking about? Did I mention FPS? I was talking about objects.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's silly to compare FPS on tracks that LFS didn't had before. That's like comparing some car's laptime on Nurburgring vs Laguna Seca.

Demo racer?

What do you know about layouts and open track? Are you using the 'wrong account' to make comments here?

Or are you doing illegal stuff?
Quote from cargame.nl :Demo racer?

What do you know about layouts and open track? Are you using the 'wrong account' to make comments here?

Or are you doing illegal stuff?

I can read and I see that experienced LFS drivers are only complaining about FPS drops on open configs.
I myself have no access to open configs, that's why in my earlier post I have said I have only noticed FPS increase. And I haven't mentioned layouts at all.

Quote from E.Reiljans :I can read and I see that experienced LFS drivers are only complaining about FPS drops on open configs.
I myself have no access to open configs, that's why in my earlier post I have said I have only noticed FPS increase. And I haven't mentioned layouts at all.

Well, you said you didn't know what I was talking about. Maybe you should start read the posts before you start talking about something else.
Exactly, open track is rendered completely different then its being done in the normal track environment.

Nice that you just made a fool of yourself. Good job!
Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly, open track is rendered completely different then its being done in the normal track environment.

I totally couldn't figure that out from what Scawen said in one of pre-patch posts, totally not </sarcasm>.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG