The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
Quote from 91mason91 :£65 - £70 and you can have my 80GB fat ass PS3.

Reasons to get that over a 40GB fat?
I'm sure those knights in shining armour, those gallant and noble men, those defenders of the weak and the weary- they wouldn't do anything illegal with our personal data, would they? They just want to prove their righteous point to Sony. No doubt by now they have destroyed any information that they have obtained. I'm sure it was very difficult for them to do it, to knowingly steal our private data, I really feel for them at this time of hardship, the emotions that must be going through their heads. Just think of the bigger picture, you heroes, you Kings among men, the end justifies the means.
Im rly dissapointed but still this doesnt make me wanna buy that crapbox. It still doesnt have gt, uncharted, lbp and those many other game series.
My friend text me today saying if you trade in a Slim PS3 it's a straight exchange for the 250GB Xbox 360 at Gamestation
Quote from sinbad :I'm sure those knights in shining armour, those gallant and noble men, those defenders of the weak and the weary- they wouldn't do anything illegal with our personal data, would they? They just want to prove their righteous point to Sony. No doubt by now they have destroyed any information that they have obtained. I'm sure it was very difficult for them to do it, to knowingly steal our private data, I really feel for them at this time of hardship, the emotions that must be going through their heads. Just think of the bigger picture, you heroes, you Kings among men, the end justifies the means.

I doubt this was anything to do with Anonymous. Anyway, if Sony had decent security, this wouldn't have happened.
I really start thinking to trade my PS3 to some xbox, since Sony knew that they had problems in their security in PSN. Didn´t do anything to that, and here is the result
Reading the transcript im now curious how safe Xbox live is from a similar attack?
Quote from AstroBoy :Reading the transcript im now curious how safe Xbox live is from a similar attack?

Well you would think that they deserved this more, no? Not beeing fanboy or anything but they did bring in the new i*iotic presedan in the gaming world, paying to play online..
Wait, what?

You failed not to sound fanboy-otic.
How so.. believe me i'm not, i had YLOD recently and i'm well pissed about build quality of this gen of consoles... but think about it, paying to pay online? Only Microsoft could come up with that and with the marketing maachine it worked ffs..
Well atleast you're paying for a quality service... Something that cant be said about Sony at the moment...

And ofcourse its going work. Why wouldnt it? You pay for all kinds of entertainment these days. Microsoft dint just invent this magical scheme...
Anyone else get a super long email from Sony about all of this?
Not a thing on either EU or US accounts here
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone else get a super long email from Sony about all of this?

Nope
Quote from S14 DRIFT :My friend text me today saying if you trade in a Slim PS3 it's a straight exchange for the 250GB Xbox 360 at Gamestation

Of course. Cause slim PS3 is $400 and 250 GB Xbox 360 is $300.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Of course. Cause slim PS3 is $400 and 250 GB Xbox 360 is $300.

hahaha that made me laugh. Nothin like makin money off a crappy situation.
Not really, it sort of makes sense - A preowned PS3 slim for a brand new Xbox 360....
Yeah, because a 360 is worthless.
Well, if someone offered me to swap their PS3 for my 360, I would straight away. I don't really use the Online Services on consoles, I only use the console to play story mode or watch movies.

The whole PSN thing - Sony deserved it. And I wouldn't me surprised if all the hacking was caused by the PSP community of Sony rather than the PS3....
Just a funny - Microsoft allowed banned Xbox 360s to connect to Xbox Live a few days ago

Probably because of the PSN downtime

I also heard somewhere that in the new DashBoard banned consoles will be allowed to play on Live :P
Quote from Snake2 :Well then, anyone moving over to the 360 after this?

I know im strongly considering it! Sony are going to take a while to recover from this, just think about the Knock-on effect it's going to have.

EDIT:
I can imagine the big time players over at Microsoft loving all this...

From a PS3 to a 360 looks like a downgrade.
Just upgrade your PC and you'll be fine.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :From a PS3 to a 360 looks like a downgrade.
Just upgrade your PC and you'll be fine.

Right.. If people would just stop buying consoles so the manufacturers wouldn't keep making these wasteful damned things.
Quote from PoVo :Just a funny - Microsoft allowed banned Xbox 360s to connect to Xbox Live a few days ago

Probably because of the PSN downtime

I also heard somewhere that in the new DashBoard banned consoles will be allowed to play on Live :P

Reason? Source?
Everyones hating on PSN... it could honestly happen to any company... it has most likely happened to xbox before, but the simple fact that a single thing like that would send so many customers away xbox never let on about it and dusted it under the carpet. PSN have had the balls to put there hands up and say ok guys we made a mistake were sorry... they have provided support telling us how to be extra vigilant of fraud on your bank accounts.. it aint like they have went haha we failed screw guys.

I wont be moving to xbox anytime soon purely for the fact that xbox charges you for online, yeah the servers on PS3 are a bit worse but most of the time you never actually notice it.

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG