The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
Quote from '[RCG :
i rather wait for a good emulator and play it on pc

Yeah, i heard it's around a corner.... in like 10 years.
Quote from 91mason91 :Ye ye ye....

Anyone have a reliable source for information regarding the downtime or have Sony kept quiet about it?

No reliable information, or source, just my own speculation that says that the only reason why Sony would shut down the PSN is because of massive damage to their SQL database. I'm willing to bet that the whole thing was dropped, and now they are going over their invoices for the PSN network to rebuild the database ... This could take a while. Ironically, this might allow the firmware hackers, like myself, back onto the PSN servers as there is no record of my PS3's firmware being 'unsigned'.
Quote from Dygear :No reliable information, or source, just my own speculation that says that the only reason why Sony would shut down the PSN is because of massive damage to their SQL database. I'm willing to bet that the whole thing was dropped, and now they are going over their invoices for the PSN network to rebuild the database ... This could take a while. Ironically, this might allow the firmware hackers, like myself, back onto the PSN servers as there is no record of my PS3's firmware being 'unsigned'.

Sneaky. Yet pathetic really.

You all get a kick out of hacking many peoples source of entertainment. For what? You hate Sony and have some sort of a vengeance with the PS3? You're shit at every online game you play and getting beat by 12 year olds is starting to take its toll. So you find hacks/exploits that give you an advantage over everyone else. Or is it because you can? If so, please find something better to do.
Jailbreaking a PS3 doesn't mean cheating in online games.
Quote from 91mason91 :Sneaky. Yet pathetic really.

You all get a kick out of hacking many peoples source of entertainment. For what? You hate Sony and have some sort of a vengeance with the PS3? You're shit at every online game you play and getting beat by 12 year olds is starting to take its toll. So you find hacks/exploits that give you an advantage over everyone else. Or is it because you can? If so, please find something better to do.

You clearly know very little...
#31 - PoVo
Actually it's the 12 y/olds that cheat, not teens or adults
Quote from PoVo :Actually it's the 12 y/olds that cheat, not teens or adults

Actually you'll find most of the people with chipped consoles, who download games from Torrents and then play them online (or at least attempt to) are between 18 and 28. Most 12 year olds would go to google, looking for "R2+L2+Triangle+Square+Hold Select for 3 seconds for cheat menu" type of cheats, and between that age and when they become old enough to do what they want, their parents likely wouldn't let them take the Xbox or PS3 away to get it chipped or do it themselves, mainly because the parents paid for it and what not.

Quote from E.Reiljans :Xbox 360 has ~120 exclusives, PS3 doesn't.

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360. Although the 360 is currently broken I'm trying to find a T8 Torx Screwdriver to remove the final screw in the motherboard, clean and reapply the thermal compound on the CPU which will hopefully fix it.

For online gaming, the Xbox 360 is much more "user friendly". It has a much nicer menu system, easier to navigate and find your friends, more users online, etc. Also, yes, there are "more" games availible, but if you discount the crappy party sort of games then there aren't actually many more.

Also the Gamescore (achievements) system is much better than PS3's "Trophy" deal-lio.

On the other hand, the exclusives that PS3 get tend to be much better than Xbox exclusives (GT5, Killzone 3, Little Big Planet, Uncharted (best game I've actually ever played) etc) and while everyone does take the piss, the PS3 DOES come with a Bluray player, and considering most of us have it hooked up via HDMI to a big HD TV, then it saves on having to purchase additional players (for not as good quality) for the 360 or a Bluray player unit all together. Also I've found my PS3 to be much more reliable than the 360.

Each console has it's benefits, merits and drawbacks. And if you (or anyone else) blindly says that "X console is better than Y because people who have Y are gay/noobs/play gay games" or something, you're just as closed minded and mature as a 7 year old BNP members child.
Quote from DevilDare :You clearly know very little...

Ofcourse i know very little. Why would anyone "Jailbreak" their PS3? To make programmes and hacks. I know it's a bad thing as Sony have released many firmware updates to try prevent these hackers from ruining things.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah...

Well instead of trying to make yourself look cool with the one word answers how about you contribute to this discussion and actually explain why these people hack the firmware. Ofcourse without using google etc.

Reason why i said what you quoted was that, some people use jailbreak to make challenge lobbies for CoD 4 and MW2. These programmes allow you to hack your stats and also allows you to use a vast array of hacks for online play. These include invisibility, invincibility, super speed and super jump. These are just a few.

What other gain do people get from hacking the firmware other than to have an unfair advantage at a game you suck at.
Quote from 91mason91 :
What other gain do people get from hacking the firmware other than to have an unfair advantage at a game you suck at.

Not having to buy games.
Quote from DevilDare :Not having to buy games.

I knew you were just trying to be a smartass.

Also Day 4 and still no PSN.
Quote from 91mason91 :I knew you were just trying to be a smartass.

Wait, what?

You were rambling on about crappy hacks and what not, when the only proper reason people were trying to flash the firmware all this time, is to play torrented games.

Not my fault you didnt realise that all this time, hence I said, "You clearly know very little" earlier.
Quote from 91mason91 :Sneaky. Yet pathetic really.

my god :' D
you are amusing
You do realize, that in this case, firmware hacking means simple clearcut DRM circumvention to be able to play pirated games....?

Unless Dygear is a massive flaming idiot who publicly announces that he's a cheater/hacker.... which, no, he didn't imply, if thats what you are going say as the only obvious response u can come up with D:

then again
as this is the LFSF,
anything could happen and you should never overestimate anyone
Quote from DevilDare :Wait, what?

You were rambling on about crappy hacks and what not, when the only proper reason people were trying to flash the firmware all this time, is to play torrented games.

Not my fault you didnt realise that all this time, hence I said, "You clearly know very little" earlier.

Yes, I know that now. But the way you were acting, the one word sarcastic posts, made it look like there was more to it than that. You also said "You clearly know nothing" to my post which repeats what i said 2 posts back which refers to game hacking.

I know many people on PSN list who have used Jailbreak for online exploits and not at all about pirating games, which is also pathetic.
Quote from Fuse5 :my god :' D
you are amusing
You do realize, that in this case, firmware hacking means simple clearcut DRM circumvention to be able to play pirated games....?

Unless Dygear is a massive flaming idiot who publicly announces that he's a cheater/hacker.... which, no, he didn't imply, if thats what you are going say as the only obvious response u can come up with D:

then again
as this is the LFSF,
anything could happen and you should never overestimate anyone

As I said I wasn't aware that game piracy was done through firmware hacking but I'd assume anyone who does also has the capability to hack games since there's nothing to deter them.
the opportunity to do so has nothing to do with actually doing it since it isn't as easy as you might think it is.
blind assumptions are stupid.
#43 - DeKo
You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, Mason. A very small percentage of people who download a CFW use it to cheat in games, and a small percentage of others use it to pirate games.

The rest of us use it to get OtherOS back, MKV support, playing perfectly legal emulators and basically a legal and moral right to modify the system which we have bought and paid for.

If you want the background, both Geohot and Graf_Choko have been working to get OtherOS back onto the PS3s, and both have deliberately put in blocks to piracy in their CFWs, but those are the 2 that Sony went after, simply for reintroducing a feature which Sony removed. That is why Anonymous targeted Sony.
Quote from DeKo :You don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, Mason.

I have stated this myself.

Any links about what you're on about. Such as "OtherOS" etc? Would like to read up.

Also, the last bit you mentioned. You think it's right that "Anon" attacked Sony just because Sony were trying to stop them from modifying their firmware?
#45 - DeKo
Quote from 91mason91 :Also, the last bit you mentioned. You think it's right that "Anon" attacked Sony just because Sony were trying to stop them from modifying their firmware?

It's right that "Anon" attacked Sony because Sony sued people who put OtherOS back in the PS3, a feature that was advertised for purchasers yet was removed by latter update.
Sony hardly advertised OtherOS.. it was just kinda there, and if I'm honest it kinda sucked. It ran the few flavours of Linux I installed at glacier speeds. It was a good intent by Sony, but was too slow for words.

Not to mention that Sony didn't force anyone to upgrade to a Non-OtherOS enabled Firmware, they just restrict access to the PSN (which is their network to restrict access too) until you upgrade. They didn't hack peoples PS3 to remove OtherOS.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's right that "Anon" attacked Sony because Sony sued people who put OtherOS back in the PS3, a feature that was advertised for purchasers yet was removed by latter update.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Quote from 91mason91 :Two wrongs don't make a right.

I've heard this said many a time, but i've never heard anyone give a reason why.

I would argue that it would be wrong for me to lock you in a cell for 6 months with Big Tony, but if I smack you in the face it's ok for the government to lock me in a cell with Big Betty.

So if it's ok for the government to answer a wrong with a wrong, then why is it not okay for a member of the public to answer a wrong with a wrong?

The entire judicial system is a system based upon revenge, not prevention.

Therefore, a second wrong makes an earlier wrong righted.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've heard this said many a time, but i've never heard anyone give a reason why.

I would argue that it would be wrong for me to lock you in a cell for 6 months with Big Tony, but if I smack you in the face it's ok for the government to lock me in a cell with Big Betty.

So if it's ok for the government to answer a wrong with a wrong, then why is it not okay for a member of the public to answer a wrong with a wrong?

The entire judicial system is a system based upon revenge, not prevention.

Therefore, a second wrong makes an earlier wrong righted.

How else does prevention work, if not with the threat of punishment? Or do you think the legal system is there to break up your fight before your fist contacts mason's chin?

I don't think it's a valid argument. Punishments which are fair are not a wrong.

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG