The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share"

Great..
Everyone is going nuts. I'd say that give them a break. If they turned off the entire system then obviously they are doing theyr best to prevent more problems.
Must be a major problem, it's been down since Wednesday night and nothing is working. Some news wouldn't go a miss either.
Bunch of pissed off hackers who are mad that Sony keeps on battling with their flashed firmware would be my guess.
Sony being unable to secure their systems would be my guess.
#6 - DeKo
Looks like Anonymous hit the spot, brilliant.

Edit, maybe not.

Quote from Anon :For Once We Didn’t Do It

Sony’s Playstation Network, its online service for Playstation 3 and its Playstation Portable consoles, suffered from a major outage today; which is on going as of this writing. According to Sony's blog, the interruption in service may last into the long weekend – for at least another “full day or two”. Sony released a statement through its EU blog, saying that the network outage may be a result of “targeted behaviour by an outside party”, bringing in the possibility of cyberattacks. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the message has since been removed.

While it could be the case that other Anons have acted by themselves AnonOps wa not related to this incident and takes no responsiblity for it. A more likely explanation is that Sony is taking advantage of Anonymous’ previous ill-will towards the company to distract users from the fact the outage is actually an internal problem with the companies servers.

TL: DR

Sony is incompetent.

Quote from DeKo :Looks like Anonymous hit the spot, bunch of massive, massive wankers.

fixed.
Go invite Racer X, I'm sure he'll share some other gay point of view. PSN going down is no biggie for me. I can live without it for a few days!!
I can't, PC buggered, it's the only real entertainment I have.
Quote from 91mason91 :I can't, PC buggered, it's the only real entertainment I have.

There are way cheaper bluray players

NO GAMES
Well, it doesn´t matter for me that lot since it´s easter and Im quite alot whit my family

Hope it´s still fixed asap
#12 - DeKo
Quote from DeKo :You mean Sony, right?

Sony might not be perfect, but Anon are a bunch of pretentious ("we are legion", "the hive" lol) tools that are only doing it because they can.
Quote from sinbad :that are only doing it because they can.

Doing something without material or any other kind of motivation is respectable, actually.
Quote from E.Reiljans :There are way cheaper bluray players

NO GAMES

Ye ye ye....

Anyone have a reliable source for information regarding the downtime or have Sony kept quiet about it?
All three PS3 owners cry in outrage.
Quote from E.Reiljans :There are way cheaper bluray players

NO GAMES

You know you just make yourself look retarded by saying there's no games for PS3.

Idiot.
Just ignore Shadowww, he's has nothing better to do.
Quote from spankmeyer :All three PS3 owners cry in outrage.

You do know there's more PS3's then boxes now, right?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You know you just make yourself look retarded by saying there's no games for PS3.

Idiot.

Xbox 360 has ~120 exclusives, PS3 doesn't.
PS3 has plenty of exclusive games. Nevermind an "exclusive" game doesn't make it any better than a multi-platform game. Yes they often are, but if a developer cares they can make all 3 versions decent.

Your point is invalid.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Xbox 360 has ~120 exclusives, PS3 doesn't.

Quality over quantity. Plus, why you hatin' PS3? Why can't you like both Shadowww?
GT5 alone make a PS3 worth it.

That said, I own a 360.
Quote from 91mason91 :Quality over quantity. Plus, why you hatin' PS3? Why can't you like both Shadowww?

Agreed, they both have their ups and downs with great and bad games. Which is why I bought both.
Quote from Rappa Z :GT5 alone make a PS3 worth it.

as much id love to play GT5 (played 1-4) i wouldnt get a PS3 just for that game
i rather wait for a good emulator and play it on pc

(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG