The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
Quote from Joe93 :Everyones hating on PSN... it could honestly happen to any company... it has most likely happened to xbox before, but the simple fact that a single thing like that would send so many customers away xbox never let on about it and dusted it under the carpet. PSN have had the balls to put there hands up and say ok guys we made a mistake were sorry... they have provided support telling us how to be extra vigilant of fraud on your bank accounts.. it aint like they have went haha we failed screw guys.

I wont be moving to xbox anytime soon purely for the fact that xbox charges you for online, yeah the servers on PS3 are a bit worse but most of the time you never actually notice it.

Some sources are saying that the details began to be leaked in February, and PSN has been down for over a week before they bother to tell everyone there details are out in the open.

Anyway, what kind of company leaves all of those details completely unencrypted?
Quote from DeKo :Anyway, what kind of company leaves all of those details completely unencrypted?

the kind that installs rootkits on your pc when you want to listen to you newly bought cd?
Atleast we can "expect" this to never happen again to Sony. If it does then I'll have to buy an XBOX 360 and pay for Microsoft to rip me off.
Quote from 91mason91 :Reason? Source?

There is no source for the unban (not an English one atleast).

I saw it on a forum post, and tried it on my Xbox, and it worked on Live (26th April).
Quote from Bean0 :Reason unknown, but they seem to be banned again.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5796081/h ... utlawed-xbox-360-consoles

Yeah, but I heard something about Microsoft launching a new dashboard with anti-Piracy protection, and giving people with flashed consoles a choice either to play on Live with bought games or play offline with pirated games.

Not sure if it's true, but I'm pretty sure their protection will be hacked easily
Nah. That was just some pot-hole that they were quick to fix.

Banned users will stay banned.
Quote :Well.... if what's being said it's true, Microsoft new spring update CAN and WILL reflash your DVD drive back to normal, and as some sources claim, they can now detect and correct JTAG configurations..... So unbanning is a logic move.

If they can get the modded units back to normal, the unbanning seems fair. They'll be gettint the updated consoles to play only original games on xboxlive (that was the whole point of banning) and at the same time, earning some new subscribers by re-enabling old banned units to go online. It's only natural, if the consoles were banned for a flashed drive, if it's unflashed they're no longer contravening the ToS

Took this from a post from some gaming site. The same was said at Playmanija (Lithuanian console site). I hope this is true.
"ynot, less expenditure on wages for extra time taken by coders"
Maybe he's just a fanboy
Microsoft must be having a field day.
Yep, on Xbox-Scene there was a news post with a leaked Beta Dashboard for 360, and that installs original fw to the DVD drives.

That obviously means unban for some
I don't really see what the huge fuss is about here really, I made a stupid post but now it's starting to get to me, If your girlfriend/boyfriend/mate would not give you any sex, Would you instantly run to the closest female with your dick out saying help me?

It's really stupid how most of the hardcore gamers will actually pay MORE in games then the console was (Because most of you got it cheep.) And the hours spend laughing/having fun with mates is priceless (Or at least it should be) But yet everyone (Most of you) Are running as fast as possible to go buy a xbox 360, What the ****? You guys have more patience waiting on something that said it would come out in 2008 Than a small development problem, Sure, Your credit card info may have been at risk, But most of the time your company's will actually stop any transactions before they happen.

Do you people not represent anything anymore? I'm a Diehard PC gamer, But I've played both consoles, I can say that the PS3 is just more user friendly to me, And sounds (Havn't been around a Xbox 360 long enough for it to show me the menu) And I can honestly say the Xbox 360 MIGHT be a good buy, But running out the second there is a problem with one console is stupid! For instance, I only race with skins that have NVIDIA and Intel, I don't like AMD or ATI, I'm not saying they are bad products. But the way you guys are talking about ditching this and that most of you should be at Iracing bending the **** over to get ripped off because LFS has been on hold for the S3 and the Other-FWD-Car-I-Forget

And I mean, You can really look at it the same way, Would most of you rather play LFS (one time payment) Or would you rather pay constantly for something you might not use everyday. Iracing.

You bastards, You totally ruined my breakfast.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I don't really see what the huge fuss is about here really, I made a stupid post but now it's starting to get to me, If your girlfriend/boyfriend/mate would not give you any sex, Would you instantly run to the closest female with your dick out saying help me?

Yes.
And don't think for a moment he's joking.
And yet after all this moaning Paws, you still haven't made me a sandwich.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And don't think for a moment he's joking.

I actually am joking. Somehow being faithful and junk is actually important to me now. Somehow I guess me cheating and ending up with a second degree burn on my hand because of a grease fire has definitely slanted my views though.

Who 'da thunk it?
Quote from TehPaws3D :I don't really see what the huge fuss is about here really, I made a stupid post but now it's starting to get to me, If your girlfriend/boyfriend/mate would not give you any sex, Would you instantly run to the closest female with your dick out saying help me?

If you put it like this, then probably not (boring and girlish answer, I know). However, I guess that something like this applies better to this Sony thing.

If my GF/mate/whoever
A) installed along with Crysis 2 some badly written rootkit that could cause my PC to crash, eat CPU power and make my CD drive disappear after I removed it
B) sued someone I have great respect for just because he brought back certain function on his own device
C) gathered information about people who visited this guy's web
D) stored my personal information in a pretty insecure way and didn't tell me they've been stolen until a week or so after that happened

I'd take full 97 seconds to reconsider few things about her character and then I'd kick her out without even letting her pack her things...
Quote from TehPaws3D :Would you instantly run to the closest female with your dick out saying help me?

Who says that I say anything?

These posts focusing only on this sentence are awesome.
Quote from 91mason91 :And yet after all this moaning Paws, you still haven't made me a sandwich.

Old dog needs to learn some new tricks.

Quote from MadCatX :If you put it like this, then probably not (boring and girlish answer, I know). However, I guess that something like this applies better to this Sony thing.

If my GF/mate/whoever
A) installed along with Crysis 2 some badly written rootkit that could cause my PC to crash, eat CPU power and make my CD drive disappear after I removed it
B) sued someone I have great respect for just because he brought back certain function on his own device
C) gathered information about people who visited this guy's web
D) stored my personal information in a pretty insecure way and didn't tell me they've been stolen until a week or so after that happened

I'd take full 97 seconds to reconsider few things about her character and then I'd kick her out without even letting her pack her things...

But I'm not talking about it that way, I'm talking about how most of them are crying and whining and saying they are going to get a Xbox 360, The moment a problem arrived, When they really don't have a right to complain, In the short time I owned my PS3, I didn't give any credit card info to it, And I bought almost 200$ more in games than what I paid for the PS3. Yet they want to pay microsoft for a service they were already getting? Didn't microsoft already have security problems (EG. Windows?)

And it's not like they even secured the information in a insecure way from what I hear, It's not like they tossed a PDF file to a hacker and just having a beer over it, Someone actually took the information.

My mind has other things to worry about now than a boat load of hypocrites. (Not you, Madcat.)

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG