The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
But why try cover it up? Why not come clean and admit that they had made mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes and a company as big as Sony are bound to **** up eventually.
I'm quite sure they'll tell the world what went wrong, but they probably want to get it fixed before making any announcements of that sort... Working PSN is the only thing that 95 % of the pissed PS3 owners care about anyway.
#78 - DeKo
Anonymous have released a statement saying it wasn't them, and no other group has claimed responsibility. If it really was Anon, they would be jumping all over it saying how good they are at ****ing up Sony, but they aren't.
Quote from DeKo :Anonymous have released a statement saying it wasn't them, and no other group has claimed responsibility. If it really was Anon, they would be jumping all over it saying how good they are at ****ing up Sony, but they aren't.

Maybe they chickened out with all these lawsuits so they're saying it ain't them.. Whatever's the case, this is taking too long.
#80 - DeKo
Anon are hardly the type to shit themselves from a little pressure from the law. Anyway, even if they were, are the FBI really going to say "Oh look, Anon denied it, it obviously wasn't them then"?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Personally, I think it has more to do with the fact that people with Jailbroken PS3's were able to hack the Trophy system and systematically unlock all their trophies.

I don't see Valve sueing (or even banning) users and creator of Steam Achievement Manager.

Or I have missed smth and trophies give valuable advantages such as discounts on games etc?
Moreover, what point do you make if you do such an attack and don't claim responsibility for it?
Quote from MadCatX :Moreover, what point do you make if you do such an attack and don't claim responsibility for it?

One where you know if you get caught a big company like Sony will be on to you.
oh dear
Quote from MadCatX :That's assuming it was an deliberate attack. As someone already said in this thread, they can be having some serious technical difficulties. It's actually far more likely they have a genuine breakdown because there's no way a bunch of hackers can hump you hard like that.

If you ask me, I think Sony kind of deserves this for all the DRM crap and GeoHot cause

Well Sony in that way might deserve it but so do the users of their products?
The answer to that is no since the majority are just people who buy and play their games fair and square. If this is the incompitence of SOny themselves i think it would be kind of cowardly to cover it up like this.

But if that is the case who better to blame then hackers so they wont have to take the blame on themselves from their users.
Because lets face it if this is the case and people find out al PSN users will go absolutely apeshit!

But that said do not ever underestimate hackers.
Can't argue with that, though I think once the PSN is up again, most users will just shut up and go play without any outrageous aftermath.

I'm really wondering if we eventually get some official explanation or if Sony decide to stick to "Problem fixed, sorry for the inconvenience"...
Quote from E.Reiljans :I don't see Valve sueing (or even banning) users and creator of Steam Achievement Manager.

Or I have missed smth and trophies give valuable advantages such as discounts on games etc?

Valve do ban people that use it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Valve do ban people that use it.

Not really. I have been using it on 2 of my accounts and neither are banned.
Yeah, but what you don't mention is that you have 3 or 4 other banned accounts... that's the only reason anyone would have multiple accounts is to hack once their others get banned.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, but what you don't mention is that you have 3 or 4 other banned accounts... that's the only reason anyone would have multiple accounts is to hack once their others get banned.

I have only 3 accounts, 1 main and two I bought from other ppl (yeah, I know it is rule breaking, but $10 for BC2 account and $3 for HL1 pack (CS 1.6 etc) accounts were too tempting).
To be honest I couldn't give a crap whatever bollocks Sony will decide to publish as an excuse anymore, I just want them to fix it. I've spent enough time being kept in the dark about LFS's progress that Sony is starting to make tempers flare.
Real reason for the shutdown:
http://rebug.me/

Quote : It essentially turns a retail console into a dev console (not fully, but gives you a lot of the same options that usually dev's only have access to). Anyway, this new CFW was quickly figured out to give CFW users access to the PSN network again via the dev networks. With a little manipulation of the URL's through a proxy server you could get your hacked console back online. Not that big of a deal, right? Well, it also turns out that some people over at NGU found out that you could provide fake CC# info and the authenticity of the information was never checked as you were on Sony's private developer PSN network (essentially a network that Sony trusted). What happened next was extreme piracy of PSN content.

Sounds like a perfectly justified reason to upgrade the PSN to me.
yeah thats how anon takes care of the little guy
Now that's what I call a **** up.

Ok for me though. Because the account, maSonn09, was one I made after I lost my original account, I entered fake details because I couldn't be bothered entering my details again. And the bank account I used to purchase MW2 maps and Burnout was cancelled.

So I'll assume I'm safe with a password change. Although atm it isn't possible to change the password untill PSN is back online.

Hope Sony gives us something for them being tits. Little compensation never hurt anyone.
Well I am kind of worried since this is the account I made back in 2008 or something and it has allot of real information about me.

Although my address is fake.
That's me royally screwed, I'd love to be in my bank when I explain why I want a new card
Quote from DieKolkrabe :That's me royally screwed, I'd love to be in my bank when I explain why I want a new card

Sue Sony for mishandling secure information.

Or something along those lines.
Wouldn't they get hammered over data protection laws?

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG