The online racing simulator
Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
Sony will be getting sued by a hell of a lot of people if credit card details have been stolen
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Wouldn't they get hammered over data protection laws?

Only if it's proven that credit card details were attained through the hackers.
Which given the scale of the hack seems plausible yes?

Although, wouldn't things like Visa/Mastercard security prevent online purchases in theory?
Nice of Sony to keep this information to themselves for a week. Not that I particularly give a ****.

Die, visa security thing is ****ing useless. I was buying something tonight, it wouldn't accept my password (it never does, I make a new one every time I use it), I tried it 3 times so it locked me out. Then, to unlock myself, I only had to put in my Card Number, expiry date and security number, making the system completely ****ing pointless. Not exactly a secure system, is it?
Well then, anyone moving over to the 360 after this?

I know im strongly considering it! Sony are going to take a while to recover from this, just think about the Knock-on effect it's going to have.

EDIT:
I can imagine the big time players over at Microsoft loving all this...
Quote from DeKo :Nice of Sony to keep this information to themselves for a week. Not that I particularly give a ****.

Die, visa security thing is ****ing useless. I was buying something tonight, it wouldn't accept my password (it never does, I make a new one every time I use it), I tried it 3 times so it locked me out. Then, to unlock myself, I only had to put in my Card Number, expiry date and security number, making the system completely ****ing pointless. Not exactly a secure system, is it?

Nope DeKo, security through illusion. I'm hoping it's US only that's been hit
Hopefully everyone will try and sell their PS3s now, meaning the price goes into freefall and I can pick up a replacement for my YLOD one for next to nothing. Even better if it's still on FW 3.55, new ones all come with 3.6.
Am I honestly the only one that couldn't care less about the PSN being down or hacked even? If there's charges on my card, I can do a chargeback on them. I have no online for a few days.. oh well.
I couldn't give a ****, I change my bank card almost monthly (I can't stop losing them) and I have no more information on PSN than you would be able to get on facebook, so I couldn't care less. As I said, I'm actually quite happy that I might be able to pick up a PS3 for buttons.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Nope.

Each to their own I suppose, but I have 2 PSN accounts all with my Legit personal Information on, and both have my Visa information on + I subscribed to Playstation Plus :doh:

Yer, I'm F***ing geting a 360
I have my 1 account. Full details. I couldn't care less.
Quote from Snake2 :Each to their own I suppose, but I have 2 PSN accounts all with my Legit personal Information on, and both have my Visa information on + I subscribed to Playstation Plus :doh:

Yer, I'm F***ing geting a 360

I'll give you £40 for your PS3.
Quote from DeKo :I'll give you £40 for your PS3.

Add a bag of Crisps. I promise that one will be the deal breaker.
Not just any bag of crisps, I have a left-over bag of Walkers "Jimmy Con Carne", the best of the limited edition comic-relief crisps.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Add a bag of Crisps. I promise that one will be the deal breaker.

Naa, just the Chrisps will do
Quote from DeKo :I couldn't give a ****, I change my bank card almost monthly (I can't stop losing them) and I have no more information on PSN than you would be able to get on facebook, so I couldn't care less. As I said, I'm actually quite happy that I might be able to pick up a PS3 for buttons.

Depending on what's been leaked, I may sell mine for.....what I paid for it (cheap)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Depending on what's been leaked, I may sell mine for.....what I paid for it (cheap)

I got mine on E-Bay for £90 might see if I can make a profit when I sell it.
I think I bought mine for £85-90 too. From a guy 5 miles away

Surely you can't be serious. That's an amazing GIF, fantastic.
Just a quick note. The only reason I used GeoHot's homebrew was because I wanted Other OS back, and just an FYI I pwn on the console .

/thread.
What a brilliant feck up from Sony...
Quote from DeKo :I'll give you £40 for your PS3.

£65 - £70 and you can have my 80GB fat ass PS3.

Playstion network "intruded"
(344 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG