The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Anyone who changes their car from standard, with the exception of XCnuse, gets trolled. Fact.

Disagree - XCNuse gets his fair share of haet.

It's only non-performance mods that set off the flaming, anyway.
I'm in no way making this more dramatic Jamie. I just found it baffling how you could even find peoples comments that insulting towards Jack, that you found the need to reply.
Quote from S14 DRIFT : Dadge, I abbreviate because everyone knows what I mean, surely. No need to critque my use of grammar

i wasn't giving a critique. i just stated a baseless fact. similar to your last few posts.
example:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Their opinion is based upon not actually owning a car, not knowing what it feels like as an owner to see where you can improve a car (in your eyes) from OE spec. So no, their opinions are only about 75% valid. And the remaining 75% of that 75% is opinion copied and pasted from Tristan.

i've never tried anal, but imo it would suck. unless of course you're pitching then it's game on.
same goes for cars. you do not need to own a car to have an opinion on it. why would you need to own a car to be entitled to comment on something aesthetic? surely the only requirement would be for me to have working eyes...
Quote from Jakg :Disagree - XCNuse gets his fair share of haet.

It's only non-performance mods that set off the flaming, anyway.

This, we're nicer to XCNurse because he has a ban hammer, but if something looks rancid, he gets heat for it.

Exactly, if you turned up the screw on your car, then you'll get praise. If you put on 18" alloys and tyres with such low profile there is no sidewall flex, expect to get a ribbing.
I'm gonna get a massive spoiler and wing (yes both) for my vw. It'll be dubba dubba awesome!
I am getting my car chipped on Saturday. Should give it an extra 30bhp and about 50lb ft torque..

*awaits comments*.

ps my 18 inch wheels and low profile tyres would outstick anything this side of a ferrari ahahahahahahaha no.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm gonna get a massive spoiler and wing (yes both) for my vw. It'll be dubba dubba awesome!

i'm getting 26" spinners for my mountain bike.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I am getting my car chipped on Saturday. Should give it an extra 30bhp and about 50lb ft torque..

I hope you're not basing the extra power on marketing BS. If you're getting it remapped you could easily see an extra 30 ponies, but never believe chip claims. Also, might be worth pointing out, new MoT rules coming into force at the end of the year will fail you for having a chipped/modded ECU, after market HID/Xenon lights and a range of other silly things.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I hope you're not basing the extra power on marketing BS. If you're getting it remapped you could easily see an extra 30 ponies, but never believe chip claims. Also, might be worth pointing out, new MoT rules coming into force at the end of the year will fail you for having a chipped/modded ECU, after market HID/Xenon lights and a range of other silly things.

moral of the story... keep your stock parts for MoT.
It's getting rolling roaded by a company that comes hotly recommended off the mk5 owners forum. They're called R-Tech based in Hinckly. It's not a plug n go chip from ebay, I know they don't work. The power gains are conservative, some 1.9tdi 105 owners have seen 160bhp just from a chip, again with RR printouts.

Thankfully my MOT which is up in August will see me at least till summer 2012 before I need to get a switchable map.
My car has a spoiler on the front...

AND the back!...

Try not to insult me too much guys. I might cry.

P.S @ Jamie, in all seriousness now. If you do get your car remapped, but cannot get a switchable map for your next M.O.T time, I can point you in the direction of my Brother if you are not too far from Birmingham. He is an M.O.T tester there, so I could always ask him to let the "modified" ECU slide.
some toolbag had tipexed your numberplates. i hope you catch the dirtbag.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm gonna get a massive spoiler and wing (yes both) for my vw. It'll be dubba dubba awesome!

You already have a wing. And lucky for you, unlike Jakg putting a wing on his and "being a ricer," your car came factory with a wing and 16 inch wheels over the standard GLS turbo. Since its factory, its not rice and therefore must be functional. I know I'm loving the added downforce of my wing on the Wolfsburg over the GLS. Had I not known it was factory, I would have just thought it was cosmetic and never would feel the difference....

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I am getting my car chipped on Saturday. Should give it an extra 30bhp and about 50lb ft torque..

Should Dustin chip his, he would indeed achieve much greater horsepower than 30, 150-209 hp and 162 to 242 lb-ft. Unfortunately, the overall result would be the same for me, just wouldn't be as much of a % increase from 180-209 and 173 -242 lb-ft (APR chip stage 1). So, no derogatory comments from me.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :My car has a spoiler on the front...
[boobs]

AND the back!...
[bum]

Try not to insult me too much guys. I might cry.

That is just greedy. Also, I wasn't aware that the Accord came in V6 guise.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Also, might be worth pointing out, new MoT rules coming into force at the end of the year will fail you for having a chipped/modded ECU, after market HID/Xenon lights and a range of other silly things.

No, they wont.

WRT chipping - they'd "like to" but theres no way they can. Especially as you break no rules by remapping etc.
Quote from dadge :some toolbag had tipexed your numberplates. i hope you catch the dirtbag.

Unfortunately, I have no leads at the moment. The bugger cost me a new set of plates!

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is just greedy. Also, I wasn't aware that the Accord came in V6 guise.

Someone put a V6 in my Accord? Hot Dayum! I'm sure it was a 4-pot last time I drove it.
That's probably the only Honda I actually like. Hope you still have your m3.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Unfortunately, I have no leads at the moment. The bugger cost me a new set of plates!

how do you drive with out them? do you just shout the number repeatedly as you drive?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :That's probably the only Honda I actually like. Hope you still have your m3.

Thanks, but it is a real state at the moment. Needs a respray etc. The M3 was sold a while ago.

Quote from dadge :how do you drive with out them? do you just shout the number repeatedly as you drive?

Well, I used to get the missus to hang out the windows with the reg written onto cardboard. She would then cunningly hide them every time we passed police cars and cameras. In a way, the tipp-ex dude has really helped me out!
Quote from Jakg :No, they wont.

WRT chipping - they'd "like to" but theres no way they can. Especially as you break no rules by remapping etc.

I am unsure how they expect MOTers to test for it. But here is a quick list of the changes (copy pasta from another forum, so there are some comments in the list):

2011 VOSA changes to MOT

Still 13 months away until these new regulations come into force, but some interesting changes. From MOT from December 2011, the below changes will come into force, which will be very bad news for some.

* HID lights – Specifically those aftermarket kits that give the very bright headlight beams. Any cars found with these kits will be an automatic MOT failure. Testers are able to easily spot the difference between HID kits, and manufacturer fitted Xenon’s. Easy to spot as Xenon cars have suspension level sensors, in car beam adjuster, and usually headlight washers.

* Chipped ECU’s - Unsure of just how / if this one will realistically be enforced, but any cars with chipped ECU’s will in theory be an MOT failure. I can only assume VOSA have found an easy way of checking ECU software through the cars OBD port (diagnostic plug).

* Wiring harness – The general condition of he wiring harness will be checked to make sure there is no rubbing or chaffing, and that the harnesses are in generally good condition. If unsecure, or damaged again MOT failure.

* Airbag warning lights - If any warning lights are illuminated, it will again be an MOT failure.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Someone put a V6 in my Accord? Hot Dayum! I'm sure it was a 4-pot last time I drove it.

Well you just picked up 6 plugs. Unless you keep two spare :P
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Thanks, but it is a real state at the moment. Needs a respray etc. The M3 was sold a while ago.

Well, I used to get the missus to hang out the windows with the reg written onto cardboard. She would then cunningly hide them every time we passed police cars and cameras. In a way, the tipp-ex dude has really helped me out!

i'd just get a lend of a neighbours.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I am unsure how they expect MOTers to test for it. But here is a quick list of the changes (copy pasta from another forum, so there are some comments in the list):

Forum post = / = reliable source.

This info came from the MOT tester magazine thing which explained what VOSA would LIKE to do.

HID's will be enforced under construction & use (must be e-marked / washers / levellers)

Wiring harness is a good idea - but you can't really inspect much of it on a modern car without taking it apart (which you can't do on an MOT...)

Airbag lights is not a bad idea, enforcable.

The chipping thing is rediculous though - no legal basis, pretty much impossible to detect on all makes for a reasonable price.

On topic:
Quote from Jakg :Forum post = / = reliable source.

This info came from the MOT tester magazine thing which explained what VOSA would LIKE to do.

HID's will be enforced under construction & use (must be e-marked / washers / levellers)

Wiring harness is a good idea - but you can't really inspect much of it on a modern car without taking it apart (which you can't do on an MOT...)

Airbag lights is not a bad idea, enforcable.

The chipping thing is rediculous though - no legal basis, pretty much impossible to detect on all makes for a reasonable price.

On topic:

The guy who posted it is an MOT tester so he is privvy to changes before they come into force.

The airbag light is already in the MoT Test, so doesn't need to be included again, unless they are going to outlaw disabling airbags.

A lot of the new changes are head scratchers because they are hard to enforce. And I suspect the chipping thing comes from pressure from manufactures and/or insurance. But I fail to see how they can detect it without buying so stupidly expensive equipment.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well you just picked up 6 plugs. Unless you keep two spare :P

LOL! No, those parts were not for the Honda. The Honda has been SORN'ed as it needs a full restoration. The firewall has two tiny rust holes (The only rust on the car, but in the hardest place to repair. Typical!) so I decided to take it off the road to save up funds to do the whole lot in one go. Respray, etc.

This has meant that I have had to buy a new daily driver a few months ago. I couldn't use the M3 as it was uninsured and up for sale anyway, so I had to look around. Luckily, my Dad came across a friends Lexus GS300 he was going to buy but decided against it, so I snapped it up. Even though it has 50hp more than the Honda, and it's a 3.0, it is actually cheaper to insure. IIRC, It only pushed my traders policy up by £1100 instead of £1500 for the Honda. Crazy.

It's been a great car to use everyday. Auto, Electric everything and not too shabby performance. All it has cost me is a stainless exhaust system (Cat-Back. OEM exhaust system is £850 compared to stainless £350!), two rear tyres, one left headlight and a service. All in all, a very good purchase for £1500 IMO!

@ Toki. Here are some pictures of the Honda. As you can see, the lacquer on the bonnet has failed. It has spread to pretty much every panel apart from the roof and boot.

The Tipp-Ex man has been at my plates again! Damn him!

EDIT: Excuse my small pictures. I wanted to resize them for ease of viewing, but they turned out a little too small! Also, the stainless exhaust was not yet bought or fitted in them pictures. I'm really glad I got it purchased though, as it sounds and looks awesome. A company called M.I.J fitted it, and they make all the pieces by scratch. The quality of the system is amazing!
that tipexe guy/gal really has it in for you buddy.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG