The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from JasonJ :
That's the reason I tried it to, same as you. The cars seemed to move around realistically in youtube vids and it looked nice. I didn't try it for many months because I wanted to try it for free as well.

And how it was in the game itself...same feeling?
It also does not seems the tracks use much more polygon then LFS but the textures are better and they use DX9 lightning at least so it make big difference to what we have in LFS...at least the lightning they could improve in LFs..it add sometimes more to immersion.
Quote from anttt69 :Cheapest way to try is the $5 for a month. Remember to save your real name for your real account. Most good offers are only for new members.
http://www.inracingnews.com/category/iracing-news/

Thanks. I am considering to try those 12 dollars but I wanted forst to hear from players who tried it how they had really feeling from iRacing. From videos it looks a lot better then LFS unfortunatelly.
Well TBH, the graphics are easily better than LFS. The dynamic lighting and shaders really make it pop and this is what gives it more depth. Of course it's not exactly NFS/DiRT2.

Track poly's may only have slightly a bit more detail than LFS, but because it's laser scanned the tracks look and feel much better.
I'm no physics guru, but the cars feel really nice to drive and feel natural.

edit: Actually in iRacing I have learned how to properly trail brake, heel'n'toe, left foot brake.
Quote from anttt69 :Cheapest way to try is the $5 for a month. Remember to save your real name for your real account. Most good offers are only for new members.
http://www.inracingnews.com/category/iracing-news/

I don't understand why the need to do that? I just signed up with a deal and stayed with the same account. Do you use aliases to get more trial deals? Not sure why you would want to do that 'cause you only get the standard content again when you register a new name. What's the benefit? Did I miss something obvious here?
Quote from JasonJ :Well TBH, the graphics are easily better than LFS. The dynamic lighting and shaders really make it pop and this is what gives it more depth. Of course it's not exactly NFS/DiRT2.

Track poly's may only have slightly a bit more detail than LFS, but because it's laser scanned the tracks look and feel much better.
I'm no physics guru, but the cars feel really nice to drive and feel natural.

edit: Actually in iRacing I have learned how to properly trail brake, heel'n'toe, left foot brake.

I dont want any unrealistic overmade NFS/DiRT2 graphic. iRacing good looks to me and those lightning and shaders ad immersity and more racing feeling.
It seem I will really give it try and maybe LFS bye forever....dunno. I need to try it first.

Someone does not brake with left foot? It even never came up to my head as idea not to brake with left foot....

Guys...thx so much for your feedback and help.Much apreciated!!!
This is really nice comunity unless you say something bad against LFS :-))
Clutch pedal is engaged = Right Foot Braking

This is how I learned to drive a real car. Never used LFB in a road car. This transferred to sim racing. Then I had to 'learn' how to use the LFB after RFB for over 20 years.

I imagined many people naturally use RFB at first.
The first time I got wheel I started using left foot for braking . It felt natural from start. I never think of not really do like that... :-))
Tried few times in my car but never made it working fine. You dont need to always use clutch when braking.
Well I finally made it to iracing. I've been putting it off since I had to buy a new PC and monitor.

Graphics are a disappointment (not much better than LFS), but the physics and force feedback are fantastic.

Gotta love the way these cars turn in.

Jefferson Reverse in the Ford spec racer .

In the end it's way overpriced for what it is. But it really should be something when they finish it - weather, tire wear, graphics etc.

Current PC technology is good enough to make a stunning simulator and I guess the only way it's going to get built is if people are willing to pay $100+ a year to develop it. Patrons of the arts so to speak.

Still, you have to hand it to the LFS devs for delivering so much for so little.
Gotta admit iRacing looks and sounds really good (also physics wise) in videos. But one reason I haven't even tried it out is that at least currently it's very "Americanish". There's no interesting cars for me especially because I can drive old historic racers in rFactor.
If they ever end up making cars what interest me I bet I could even get addicted in to it.
Quote from BigPeBe :Gotta admit iRacing looks and sounds really good (also physics wise) in videos. But one reason I haven't even tried it out is that at least currently it's very "Americanish". There's no interesting cars for me especially because I can drive old historic racers in rFactor.
If they ever end up making cars what interest me I bet I could even get addicted in to it.

No interesting cars? Really?
It's funny too, the hundreds of dollars I've spent on iRacing content.. and I'm usually most happy with the rookie cars.
I am going to try iRacing today...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I am going to try iRacing today...

Got any referrals already? If not, can i be yours?
Sorry, I got already one :-))
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Sorry, I got already one :-))

Awww, i thought i can be the one and only.

Well, enjoy your stay @ iR.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :No interesting cars? Really?

Not for me. I'm into "old skool". Or if not historic racing then more "down to earth" engineering. Cars in iRacing present modern racing, I find cars like these without a soul, they're maybe fast and adrenalin pumping but at the same time very sterile and uninspiring.
Quote from BigPeBe :Not for me. I'm into "old skool". Or if not historic racing then more "down to earth" engineering. Cars in iRacing present modern racing, I find cars like these without a soul, they're maybe fast and adrenalin pumping but at the same time very sterile and uninspiring.

If I were to add 1 car to iRacing it would be a '63 Corvette Grand Sport.

They really need a historic GT car.

Still, you might try the Mustang. It kinda handles like a historic car.
The Mustang is probably the most interesting of the lot. Tho I still don't think it's enough.
First impression...

I cant play offline apparently :O . The main webpage (my home page) is pretty confusing from start and now when maintenance window is I cant play nothing at all. That sucks to be honest.

I just did quick few laps as test drive with Mazda MX5 on Zaandvort racing track and have a bit mixed feeling. In case I start loosing grip it seems there is a huge gap untill you can feel it. Also the weight of the car seems very hard to feel as well. This is much better simulated in LFS. Maybe I just need to get used to it. These are really quick obeservations.

The graphic is exactly is a bit what I would except from LFS. Better lightning and shader efects not being overdone. I still got nice frame rates and I dont have any extra machine. I would say around average one nowdays.
You can play offline. Click Test, select the combo and go
Quote from Flame CZE :You can play offline. Click Test, select the combo and go

Well technically you have to go online in order to do that.
That is huge disadvantage. Somebody has been fully drunked when came with this idea. First big minus for iRacing.
Quote from Flame CZE :You can play offline. Click Test, select the combo and go

I am not that stupid but as I said for some beginners it might be pretty confusing...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :That is huge disadvantage. Somebody has been fully drunked when came with this idea. First big minus for iRacing.

I can live with it. I won't go mad because I can't play for a few hours, to be honest.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG