The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Tomorrow I'm purchasing:

VIR
Daytona
Mustang
Riley

Can't wait! Hopefully neither are too much of a handful, have broken my thumb. Multi investment as the Daytona will allow me to do the full 3/3 Carb cup series.
Quote from mcintyrej :Tomorrow I'm purchasing:

VIR
Daytona
Mustang
Riley

Can't wait! Hopefully neither are too much of a handful, have broken my thumb. Multi investment as the Daytona will allow me to do the full 3/3 Carb cup series.

VIR is great.
VIR is a must for any series, so many configs make it great.
That's a good buy, hope we meet in the Grand Am series.
Have just done a few laps in the Riley and its a beautiful car! Braking is a bit of an issue, I'm guessing its a strict "Straight line braking" car as I'm finding the first corner at daytona road to be madness, also I keep randomly spinning under heavy braking - I guess I'll have to play with setups for a while. Down to a 41.4 though with about 10 laps on the board.
Try raising your Brake curve multiplier. Mine is set at 280 so I don't lock up all the time.
Lots of sets are made by guys with pedal mods so this effects braking. This is what I've heard anyway.
Just set the brake balance more to the front. When you lock up then you at least go straight instead of spinning, and then you can always experiment with different brake curves or a change in braking technique.
Braking solved, stiffened the front springs and I can brake 50-100m later without locking up! Just like magic.
all i know is that there will be a NASCAR league or something on the site. I have never heard of it before until the announcement was made. I play NASCAR 09 on Xobx and am amazed at how unrealistic it is in some cases. Looking at the iracing website it actually looks pretty good.

Quote from MousemanLV :Why they just don't make a license, I ain't payin every month for that s***

Good for you, the rest of us are having a blast.
So that's why iRacing is s***? I can't afford a Veyron, so it's a crap-ass car? Good logic there.
Quote from MousemanLV :Why they just don't make a license, I ain't payin every month for that s***

Don't need to. Once every two years will do aswell.
If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

I couldn't afford it when I didn't have a job, and LFS was plenty for me.
Tried it with a 5$ promo, bought yearly next day!

LOVING IT, i wish i had more time to race.
Quote from mcintyrej :Have just done a few laps in the Riley and its a beautiful car! Braking is a bit of an issue, I'm guessing its a strict "Straight line braking" car as I'm finding the first corner at daytona road to be madness, also I keep randomly spinning under heavy braking - I guess I'll have to play with setups for a while. Down to a 41.4 though with about 10 laps on the board.

Im using 54% bb. was able to hit a high 38, low to mid 39's constantly, low 40's end of fuel run.
Bump for the temporarily blind.

Random question, wasn't a Ford GT in the works the same time as the mustang?
Quote from PMD9409 :Bump for the temporarily blind.

Random question, wasn't a Ford GT in the works the same time as the mustang?

I certainly remember seeing one in the "coming soon" or "WIP" bit ages ago...
Ah, at least it's still in the works then eh?
Just bought iRacing, do you have any advices for newbie?
MX5! It's awesome anywhere!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG