The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Yeah, I thought about the F1 offer and a couple of others and settled on the 3 for 1, mainly wanted to race the MX5 for the next wee while, and if I couldn't get into it, I had only spent £8.

Just had a cracker of a race, 3rd ever race in iRacing in the MX5 at Lime Rock, done my first sub 1 minute lap (59.8) in the warm-up, and in watching the lap back missed the grid. Started from the pits and fought my way up the field and won my first race! I like iRacing

From reading the sporting code, it seems that you get promoted automatically if you get to an SR of 4.0 at each level, no matter what series you're running in, is this right?

Another quick thing, just now I have My Name2, if I get in touch with support and ask them to completely delete my old account which would allow me to get rid of the 2 from my name, will they kick up a fuss about a new account being set up to take advantage of the special offer?
yes you can fast track licenses that way. Best email them about the account thing.
Quote from DeKo :Yeah, I thought about the F1 offer and a couple of others and settled on the 3 for 1, mainly wanted to race the MX5 for the next wee while, and if I couldn't get into it, I had only spent £8.

Just had a cracker of a race, 3rd ever race in iRacing in the MX5 at Lime Rock, done my first sub 1 minute lap (59.8) in the warm-up, and in watching the lap back missed the grid. Started from the pits and fought my way up the field and won my first race! I like iRacing

From reading the sporting code, it seems that you get promoted automatically if you get to an SR of 4.0 at each level, no matter what series you're running in, is this right?

Another quick thing, just now I have My Name2, if I get in touch with support and ask them to completely delete my old account which would allow me to get rid of the 2 from my name, will they kick up a fuss about a new account being set up to take advantage of the special offer?

Just tell them that you forgot you had one, what are they going to do, annoy a paying customer by accusing him?
Boo, e-mailed them, they don't permanenty delete accounts, and when I asked nicely to swap the names around, they said no. Trying to think of other cunning schemes to get my names swapped round, every time I e-mail support I get the same person replying though.
deko is there a variation of your first name you can use or a middle initial you can put in ? after frank became neville anythings possible, personally give neville's obsession with driving in a pink car i'm expecting him to change again to penelope
No middle names and no variations of my first name that would pass as a 'real name', unfortunately. I might be fly, next week i'l send an email saying something along the lines of "Hi, i'm thinking of resubscribing, could you add in a middle name on my account please and i'l think about buying a few months?", then give it a week or 2 and request my name on my actual account. Could work. It really isn't a big deal at all, it just bugs me
They're a little pedantic about that over there.

I guess they have their reasons
Finding the SR system really weird, had a race with 2 4x contacts and many x1 off road penalties and gained about 0.4 SR, just had a race there with a pole to finish win, perfect race with not even a 1x penalty, and only gained 0.1 SR.

Ah well, i'm at 3.6 just now, not bad for the rookie racing.

Really getting into this now, the SR system really does work, obviously still accidents but no crazy overtakes with no consequences like in most other sims, means the racing is a lot cleaner, at the front of the field especially.

I don't quite understand the rookie schedule, why do they only run LRP and Laguna? They could also have Summit and Charlotte road course in there, both are part of the basic package and would provide a bit of variety for the rookie season.
Quote from DeKo :Finding the SR system really weird, had a race with 2 4x contacts and many x1 off road penalties and gained about 0.4 SR, just had a race there with a pole to finish win, perfect race with not even a 1x penalty, and only gained 0.1 SR.

Ah well, i'm at 3.6 just now, not bad for the rookie racing.

Really getting into this now, the SR system really does work, obviously still accidents but no crazy overtakes with no consequences like in most other sims, means the racing is a lot cleaner, at the front of the field especially.

I don't quite understand the rookie schedule, why do they only run LRP and Laguna? They could also have Summit and Charlotte road course in there, both are part of the basic package and would provide a bit of variety for the rookie season.

Rookie series is toned down in variety so people dont have to pay for extra tracks when they just want to try it out for a bit.
Quote from RMachucaA :Rookie series is toned down in variety so people dont have to pay for extra tracks when they just want to try it out for a bit.

I know, but both the tracks i mentioned are part of the basic package just the same as LRP and Laguna.
It's also toned down so that "real" rookies (I.E., no sim experience) can get used to the tracks and focus on improving instead of learning a new track every week.
I suppose so. I just noticed that the SRF + Solstice multi class series runs at these tracks anyway, just would have been nice to race them in the MX5, LRP is nearly impossible to overtake on.

By the way, are the season standings supposed to make any sense? The number of championship points seems to be completely random and not in any way related to the actual stats.
Quote from DeKo :By the way, are the season standings supposed to make any sense? The number of championship points seems to be completely random and not in any way related to the actual stats.

It's all explained in the Sporting Code, but it's the best 50% of your weekly finishes that count for championship points. How much points is given depends on the SoF, Strength of Field, which is the field's average iRating. Higher SoF, higher the points.
DeKo: about the SR... when you're going over whole number, like 2.99 -> 3.00, you always recieve 0.4 SR bonus, same the other way, -0.4 + (-SR deducted by incidents).
Kid, that makes sense then.

Crommi, I think for the rookie series it's worked out differently, for example, my stats are 20 starts, 5 wins and 10 top 5 finishes with 4 pole positions, which gives me 73 Championship Points. Then there are people with 3 starts, 0 wins, 2 top 5 finishes and 0 pole positions with 147 points, doesn't seem right to me.
Just got promoted up to Class D, gonna take a break from road racing for a while now though, go do some oval racing .

Trying to decide what Class D car to drive, I quite fancy skipping it completely, getting my SR above 4 again and driving a class C car, but are any of the D cars any good? Skippy looks a bit rubbish and slow, Jetta is FWD so don't really fancy it much, is the Mustang any good?
Quote from DeKo :Just got promoted up to Class D, gonna take a break from road racing for a while now though, go do some oval racing .

Trying to decide what Class D car to drive, I quite fancy skipping it completely, getting my SR above 4 again and driving a class C car, but are any of the D cars any good? Skippy looks a bit rubbish and slow, Jetta is FWD so don't really fancy it much, is the Mustang any good?

Mustang would be the best choice imo, it's slow, under/oversteery RWD, fun to drive, Skippy slides too much, i don't like it.

Also watch out in legends, lower splits are dangerous to your health.
Quote from Kid222 :Mustang would be the best choice imo, it's slow, under/oversteery RWD, fun to drive, Skippy slides too much, i don't like it.

Also watch out in legends, lower splits are dangerous to your health.

haha, just had my 2nd ever oval race there in the rookie legend, bloody hell it's stressful. I won, but only through total luck in getting through wrecks. I'm gonna try and get up to the advanced legend as soon as possible I think.

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking the Mustang, it would also let me run in the Grand Am multi-class racing if I get my SR up from 3.5 to 4 which is good . Just need to buy about 20 different tracks now, gonna cost a fortune.
I think you also need the DP to run in the GrandAm even if you're not driving it. (or has that changed?)
Quote from jrd.racer :I think you also need the DP to run in the GrandAm even if you're not driving it. (or has that changed?)

Actually I think you're right, would need to buy it to download the model, just like why watching replays of cars you don't own doesn't work. Damn, that's even more money.
Spa?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Spa?

Latest episode of the iracing TV thing said it's still on target to be released before the end of the year.
Yep, it's scheduled for 11th week in Lotus and 12th week in Williams, so it should defo be out soon.
They promised new Spa footage in this episode, but they haven't showed any, which made me like :mad:, but then i saw Ford GT2 and i was all like:banana:.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG