The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I love the skippy at charlotte. So much fun, 2 days ago my irating was 1000 in the road licence cos i didn't do so well in the last few races, even though i could have, just been crashed all the time, but 1000 irating yesterday, and atm its 1731. When having strenght of field at 1200, its not very good, I was 1.5 sec a lap quicker than some of the people, but after a few races im now 1700 iracing and the strenght of field is much higher now and its getting more and more close. I've only done this track with the skippy this season, but Im most likely to do the F1 car in class A.

Most of my incident points are from trying to lap people, they block you like they are leading. Dumb idiots, but as my irating goes up i can finally have clean races.
Attached images
LOZL.jpg
Nice man.
Quote from oldnavy :Just bought iRacing, do you have any advices for newbie?
  • remember that in the rookie races, people make mistakes
  • clean races without any incident is better than 1st place with incidents. you progress faster.
  • always if buying content buy in 3 items or 6 - you get discount then.
  • check the schedule before you buy to see what car and tracks are coming up.
  • if you want to progress from rookie to D license the skippy season costs more to buy content for the full season than the mustang
  • start by doing practice, then try doing a time trial then do a race after you are sure you can keep it on the track. Do a qualify first though.
  • before starting a race click F3 to see where cars are around you!
3 months for $12.00 promotion just appeared on their home page. They won't let me buy it UNLESS I put in a referer email address?

Don't they want sales?

Nvm, they put a hidden tick box in the terms conditions.
Quote from JasonJ :3 months for $12.00 promotion just appeared on their home page. They won't let me buy it UNLESS I put in a referer email address?

Don't they want sales?

Nvm, they put a hidden tick box in the terms conditions.

you could put my email (aiduciukas at gmail.com)
Sorry iFastLT, Boothy PM'd me 4 mins before you.

So any ideas why it fails to let me pay for it? I buy everything else with PayPal and never any issues.

Do they expect me to to use my paypay acount details on this screen?

I don't think that's right if that's the case.
Attached images
ggggg.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry iFastLT, Boothy PM'd me 4 mins before you.

So any ideas why it fails to let me pay for it? I buy everything else with PayPal and never issues.

Do they expect me to to use my paypay acount details on this screen?

I don't think that's right if that's the case.

It will ask your Credit Card info / Paypal in later phases.
Yes, that's exactly what I assumed. When I get there though, I just get this..

Redid it several times. Yes I have credit btw Anyway, used credit card so it's done now. Annoying......
Attached images
ddd.JPG
Can it be?

JJ, we must race together Get in the MX5 and get some points
Good fun for $12.00

That MX5 is indeed a beast.

Some nice textures in this sim. Nice sounds and the physics feel good and grippy.
Just heard about a promotion people are getting if they are signed up for the Iron Horse Racing newsletter!

1 year membership for $50 and $30 iracing credits.

Man, I wish I was signed up for the news letter :|
Quote from jakeeatworld :Just heard about a promotion people are getting if they are signed up for the Iron Horse Racing newsletter!

whaaaat?
Quote from jakeeatworld :Just heard about a promotion people are getting if they are signed up for the Iron Horse Racing newsletter!

well it wasnt the newsletter. well it sort of was and werent. i just got an email saying about iracing codes and ask for one as they had 30 and i got one
Right thought about time I give iracing a go. Seems stupid not to say someone referred me so first email will get it

Edit: Toki(hun) got here first.
If anyone is interested is a special membership deal let me know. $50 for a years sub. Chuck Ingram has been negotiating a deal with iRacing for ex & current LFS'ers.
Oh?

I'm good till 2012 still but I'm interested in how this came to be....
Ant, is that for new customers only?
Quote from anttt69 :If anyone is interested is a special membership deal let me know. $50 for a years sub. Chuck Ingram has been negotiating a deal with iRacing for ex & current LFS'ers.

Hey man. Give more details. My sub runs out in 2 months.. Thanks
Quote from tiagolapa :Hey man. Give more details. My sub runs out in 2 months.. Thanks

From the emails I've been recieving from Chuck, the offer is only for LFS folks who have not yet registered for iracing, and not for existing customers!

I also think it limited and runs out today

just like SkyTV they will probably have another promo deal for "new" customers soon enough

SD.
OK, thanks. No problem
Would that be an automatic -4.0 SR
-
(DeKo) DELETED by DeKo
Signed up for a new account with the 3 for 1 deal today, 3 months for £8 isn't bad at all. I plan on racing the MX5 until I get bored of it, then moving on. What I'm wondering though, is if you have to race in each class to get promoted? Like, after i'm finished with the MX5 (and the other rookie cars), nothing in class D really interests me at all, so is it possible to jump straight to class C and into the V8 supercar if my SR is good enough?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG