The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Through my in-head physics simulations I've determined that you need a stiffer rear or a softer front on the spec racer to cure the lift off OS.

Edit: or maybe the other way around..
The MX5 will get me to sign up for no other reason than because I drive a Mk2.

Now people complain that the Solstice is slow, boring, etc. how will the Miata be any better?
Because the solstice is heavy, big, and ugly?
but it's so much fun!
Yeah, people will bitch about anything to be honest... It might be all of the above; but it's still just as much (and more) fun as the XFG, XRG, UF1 and company - slow and steady but actually with a lot more character than 2 out of 3 of those pieces of shit in LFS. But it's always fun to mock what you can't master after 2 years isn't it!
The rookie solstice is one of my favorite cars lol.

I would still rather be driving an mx5
Quote from Mattesa :The MX5 will get me to sign up for no other reason than because I drive a Mk2.

Now people complain that the Solstice is slow, boring, etc. how will the Miata be any better?

The Solstice has terrible gearing. 3rd, 4th and 5th are way too long while 1st and 2nd are too short. You don't even get into 5th gear at Road America... the thing is basically a 4-speed. With no horsepower.

Handles pretty nice though.

The MX-5 should be geared better. And it will be faster (probably 5+ seconds faster at Laguna). And it's over 400 pounds lighter.
Today's 24hours of fun...Skippy and SRF@Mid Ohio.

Not done a 24HDF for ages, but this combo is win. Races every hour, everyone get in there
If I had the Ohio...
Quote from Drift King CZ :If I had the Ohio...

Whaaaat....you don't have Mid Ohio? Steal the money*....Mug someone*...Pimp yourself out for an hour*.... do whatever it takes, Mid Ohio rocks!

*I do not condone any of the above activities
I'm headed there tomorrow for day 2 of the Grand Am event - Jettas, Mustangs, and ARCA trucks. You iracing guys could almost simulate my whole day tomorrow ARCA trucks are the smaller, 4 cylinder versions of pickup trucks, as opposed to the Camping World full size variants.
Quote from Danke :I'm headed there tomorrow for day 2 of the Grand Am event - Jettas, Mustangs, and ARCA trucks. You iracing guys could almost simulate my whole day tomorrow ARCA trucks are the smaller, 4 cylinder versions of pickup trucks, as opposed to the Camping World full size variants.

take some pictures!!!!

Your challenge is to get a picture of you stood shaking Wyatt Gooden's hand
I'll see what I can do. Having a kid with you opens up all kinds of photo ops. Last year the VW guys gave my son a shirt and he got to sit in a bunch of race cars, including some that were on the grid at the time.
Hurrah, 2nd race won. I think I pissed off the person I overtook lol, he led for 37 laps before I got 1st He left as soon as the race finished lmao.
Didn't realise it was you in the skippy race just now Drifty!!!!! I recognised the name but couldn't remember who..... nice 2nd place
Event fail. The 200 miler looks like it will be red flagged because they set laps to 200 laps....
:doh: of the highest order.
Works for me, I got bounced into the tyres at Turn 1 as someone touched the grass under braking and spun back across the track. Pit-lane start this time round methinks! Look out for me anyway - blue and white car with the little chequers on the side.
I found these charts very uplifting. Credit to Darren Marsh.

I recently did some Solstice racing... definitely noticed increased registration over early this year. Hopefully those drivers will graduate up. If the growth rate of active racers continues, we'll have 13,000 by this time next year.
nice win for richard in the correct length race

loved some of the pronunciations of names

richard crow's ear and martin boo can
Main I failed last night, I had a good first lap out of the pits and was making steady progress but on Lap 2 I came out of the kink into a wall of smoke, despite slowing down quite a bit I didn't have much time to avoid the car sat in the middle of the track and hit the concrete wall in avoidance. Cue bent steering and me starting to drop back. The final straw was me being a numpty and speeding in the pits, I thought it best just to save myself and retire at that point.

Fun race, though!
finally class D in road. i dont know whether to keep racing srf and solstice till class C as none of the class D cars really urge me to buy them
Quote from brt900 : none of the class D cars really urge me to buy them

If you don't like the Skippy, you don't like racing
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG