The online racing simulator
I meant if 2011 is the year the patch will be released
Well this is really sad.
This answer is no answer to me at all.
Why not release cockpits and other small stuff? Is it that much work to release new interiors and other small stuff for 3 years now? You don't really answer this questions, and this make me stop believing in progress.
Now that you realize it is taking longer than expected, do some small updates in content. But I bet you would do this if there is something to release.
I can't help but thinking Eric isn't working on LFS at all. And beside the mysterious Rockingham, there is no progress made at all for years now.

This is a big let down for all the long time loyal community members. Me included.
Quote from Micha :

This is a big let down for all the long time loyal community members. Me included.

not me. for me the patch is a matter of when, not if. the current LFS is still very enjoyable. yes the content is the same, but again it's still playable. once the new stuff comes out, there will be more to play with. in my time when i don't play LFS, i do other things like play other games. make mix CDs make remixes. watch movies.

it's like when i was a kid, i would ask my mum what was for dinner. she used to say "ifits". "if it's there, you'll get it. if it's not, you won't".
just be patient and it'll be there when it's ready.
At this point, I feel a bit sorry for Scawen having to be the sole public face of development.

Scawen's focus is clearly on tyre physics, and I belive he's conveyed the current situation very well in this regard.

Putting all past events aside for the moment, I'd personally love to hear from Eric and get some info on what's being developed content-wise. No promises or timelines or even necessarily screenshots.

I'm happy to wait for however long it takes, but just some info on content would be awesome, and I feel would appease some of the more vocal moaners.

hehehe, LFS needs a facebook page.
Quote from The Very End :no

maybe if i had added more laughs, you would have realised it was sarcasm. hehehehehehehehe
I am very well aware that it was sarcasm, I just did play allong hehe

And btw, is it wrong of me beeing drunk now?
Quote from dadge :hehehe, LFS needs a facebook page.

It rather needs more videos at lfstech YouTube channel.

Thanks for posting Scawen. Give us a sign when you are done with tires. Good luck.
I guess we just have to wait, nothing else to do, good luck further Scawen and co
Keep up the difficult work Scawen. I am sure it is worth it.
Just too bad it contains material that is against the EULA :scared:
Edit: Sorry for beeing lame
The Very End U waitin' rallypack nao?
Don't make me say RALLYPACK more than I have done allready. It just causes infractions.

Ok, back topic, let's cross fingers for 2011, or I'll go RALLYPACK on your arses :scared:
Quote from The Very End :Don't make me say RALLYPACK more than I have done allready. It just causes infractions.

Ok, back topic, let's cross fingers for 2011, or I'll go RALLYPACK on your arses :scared:

Please, don't make him go RALLYPACK.

........you won't like him when he goes RALLYPACK.
Quote from Scawen :So, releasing the Scirocco has been out of the question.

Releasing Rockingham has also been out of the question.

WHAT!? :c Not good? Would that mean we wont see anything of either the Scirocco or Rockingham? D:
Read the whole sentences.

Scawen did NOT say 'we won't ever release the VW or Rockingham', instead, he said...

Quote :
So, releasing the Scirocco has been out of the question until the tyre physics system is quite close to reality.

Releasing Rockingham has also been out of the question. We want to release a real track when the behaviour of the cars is right (not perfect, just close enough so the bumps feel right and the lap times are just like real ones).

Thanks for the post Scawen, that gives us much more information than the previous progress report.
So I wonder if this means that once Rockingham is released and the tyre physics are reasonable enough that LFS will be more open to linking up with other tracks? Could we be deluged with a new track every year?

I hope that wouldn't mean the end of fantasy tracks though. If Kyoto GP or Aston GP was a real race track they wouldn't be very far behind the likes of Spa or Suzuka.
Far enough behind to make LFS the poor man's iRacing though.
Quote from boothy :Far enough behind to make LFS the poor man's iRacing though.

iRacing is already the rich man's racing game.
Quote from boothy :Far enough behind to make LFS the poor man's iRacing though.

... and iRacing is the poor man's racing
I dunno - I can't afford iRacing!!!
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG