The online racing simulator
Quote from Shotglass : great youve just accused someone of being a liar for no reason and based on nothing
well done...

i didn't call him a liar, i said i got a hint of BS from his "i won't be buying S3" statement. only time will tell if it's BS or not.

Quote from Shotglass :why do i even bother with these idiots?

i don't know, but you've just called a member of the forum an idiot. and i don't think Vain will be too happy about it either.
well done.
Quote from Scawen :Eric has been working on some more S3 content but he would like to get nearer to finishing before we show any new pictures.

Quote from Scawen :...the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible...

As soon as possible, huh?
Eric could find time to make a model of a car that hasn't been released for two years, but he couldn't find time to finish near complete interiors.

There is allegedly "some" new content for S3, but it is either so rough or so much better than LFS's current standard that it isn't being revealed.

Honestly is the best policy.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :As soon as possible, huh?

the fact that they are not released means that it's not possible. but as soon as they're ready, they'll be released.
Quote from dadge :the fact that they are not released means that it's not possible. but as soon as they're ready, they'll be released.

You took the words right out of Scawen's mouth!
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :You took the words right out of Scawen's mouth!

nope, i took his words for what they were. i didn't read into them. the patch will be released when it's ready. not a minute before either.

maybe if they released a small demo 5 years ago and called it LFS prologue, then there wouldn't be as much fuss kicked up about the lack of updates.
Quote from Shotglass :great youve just accused someone of being a liar for no reason and based on nothing
well done...

why do i even bother with these idiots?

All your arguments were groundless, where there were such, because most of the time, you were talking pure BS.

Just felt like this had to be said. Actually, the only well-argumented "negative" reply, imo, was from DEVIL 007.

You, Shotglass, are doing nothing, but bringing bad mood to this thread. And it is starting to get annoying.
Good mood will bring you updates, count on that
Quote from IlGuercio :Good mood will bring you updates, count on that

Explain that. How is your post helping anyone? If you want to bite, go buy yourself a rubber bone..
How is your childish and blind optimism blend with sarcasm going to help?
I don't even believe a god exists let alone think updates are at a good point.
Be smart, faggots.
Quote from IlGuercio :How is your childish and blind optimism blend with sarcasm going to help?
I don't even believe a god exists let alone think updates are at a good point.
Be smart, ******.

How is negativism going to help you? How can I manage to stay happy without updates, and you can't? I don't think that they will come soon, but if you're not happy on this world, where will you be? It isn't childish to be happy when things aren't turning exactly the way you are expecting them to. But it's a lot easier to get angry and grumpy. Also, it is childish to call people names.

I just don't see how your posts make any sense.
I'm not going to cut my veins off, for your information.
I honestly don't care if the updates arrive or not, i never asked about them and i dare you to demonstrate the contrary.
I am just stating the obvious: devs have nothing in hand so far, in my opinion. Otherwise they would have told you something because there's no reason not to say something about the things that are supposed to be released.
And, by the way, it's so hilarious to see how much rage you "optimist" have towards the people that are just asking you to open your eyes.
Nobody puts Baby in the corner! (dirty dancing quote. i know, i'm sorry)
Quote from IlGuercio :I'm not going to cut my veins off, for your information.
I honestly don't care if the updates arrive or not, i never asked about them and i dare you to demonstrate the contrary.
I am just stating the obvious: devs have nothing in hand so far, in my opinion. Otherwise they would have told you something because there's no reason not to say something about the things that are supposed to be released.
And, by the way, it's so hilarious to see how much rage you "optimist" have towards the people that are just asking you to open your eyes.

Rage? You are the one calling people names. I am not going to be nice with you, just because I like keeping my mood up. No, actually the 2 are not connected. I won't be nice with you, and it will not affect my mood at all, because this is just a forum, and you are just an ignorant person.

And when did I mention you trying to commit suicide? Don't put words in my mouth, please. You are just twisting things in a way that you can """beat""". I never said, that you have demanded updates either.

And, excuse me, but they said "something about the things that are supposed to be released". You are replying to that very same thread, in case you have forgotten/missed that.
Guys,

seriously...please stop insulting each other.
Thank you!
Quote from Scawen :we don't have to spend the rest of Christmas Eve removing spam and giving infractions to angry people.

Thanks.

bit late but, how do you expect people not to be angry when your 2 years late?
The patch 2 years ago, when it was announced, was a nice surprise (but needed even then). To get the GTR interiors plus westhill updates was nice. The Scirocco was a bonus. Then to hear it would be delayed a little for some physics updates was exciting. When we heard it involved Stability control systems was cool. Then we heard it needed tyre physics updates aswell. At first I thought this would hold the patch for the other things back by a few weeks. What happened next?

NOTHING.......

Why are the GTR interiors still not done? Why are the westhill updates not done?

Oh right, it was those tyre physics stopping it? NO.

Why are the bugs in the KY tracks not fixed? Ummmmm....

Tyre physics? ......

What happened to breakable wings?

Tyre physics? ......

Call me a whiner all you like, but I cannot fathom for 1 second why this Christmas, Scavier couldn't have released a patch like this...
-------------------------------
Hello LFS users,

We are glad to announce a new patch.

We are sorry we haven't been able to release the new car (scirocco), and S3 with the new track, but we have to take our time with the new tyre physics.

We would like to reassure you all we have been working hard on this and S3, but we have updated the GTR interiors and an update to Westhill. We have also fixed the kerb bugs in Kyoto so you should have a better experience in league racing.

We have also made breakable wings etc etc......

You can download the patch here - Download

We understand you would like to try the new tyre physics and we can assure you that so far our model is alot better than before, but we hope you understand that we need to get this right before releasing it.

In the meantime, we will release small updates to the community as test patches, until we are ready to release a big update which will include the new physics update.

Thank you for your support.

Flame on:bananadea
I fully agree with that, there's many people that doesn't really want to say it because they think they will get flamed, and problably will, but anything we say on this forum wont make any difference whatsoever, devs are... ingoring.

Omnom banana
What a great thing that would be.

Quote from jasonmatthews :The patch 2 years ago, when it was announced, was a nice surprise (but needed even then). To get the GTR interiors plus westhill updates was nice. The Scirocco was a bonus. Then to hear it would be delayed a little for some physics updates was exciting. When we heard it involved Stability control systems was cool. Then we heard it needed tyre physics updates aswell. At first I thought this would hold the patch for the other things back by a few weeks. What happened next?

NOTHING.......

Why are the GTR interiors still not done? Why are the westhill updates not done?

Oh right, it was those tyre physics stopping it? NO.

Why are the bugs in the KY tracks not fixed? Ummmmm....

Tyre physics? ......

What happened to breakable wings?

Tyre physics? ......

Call me a whiner all you like, but I cannot fathom for 1 second why this Christmas, Scavier couldn't have released a patch like this...
Hello LFS users,

We are sorry we haven't been able to release the new car (scirocco), and S3 with the new track, but we have to take our time with the new tyre physics.

We would like to reassure you all we have been working hard on this and S3, but we have updated the GTR interiors and an update to Westhill. We have also fixed the kerb bugs in Kyoto so you should have a better experience in league racing.

We understand you would like to try the new tyre physics and we can assure you that so far our model is alot better than before, but we hope you understand that we need to get this right before releasing it.

In the meantime, we will release small updates to the community as test patches, until we are ready to release a big update which will include the new physics update.

agreed

EDIT: Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdGWs69E2-M Look how much more they communicate with their members. They announce everything in time before, they say what they are working on, what they are gonna work on, and when it will be released. They get how many tracks before we get Rockingham? I cant even count.
Quote from jasonmatthews :
Hello LFS users,

Quote :

I can't click on Download, it just does not work Please fix!
Same shit, different year.

Musical chairs once again.
Quote from ATHome :Same shit, different year.

Musical chairs once again.

Still it's funny, that all people in this thread find it so disturbing, to raise their blood pressure about that. I don't give a shiz anymore and when it's done, then i'll get it.
Ofc there are things i don't agree with devs, but that's all i can do, as far as i know them.
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Useless post (spam?)
2010 was a tough year for my gaming community's LFS section. There were two occasions where numbers had dropped so significantly that we seriously considered pulling the plug and taking our server off the grid. A very small number of our racers saved the situation by seeding the server as often as possible, trying to attract drop-in guests and, hopefully, see them return again. There were, however, many nights where a 3 car race was the only show in town.

I mention this because I can't believe we are the only server provider to have faced these problems. Without servers, there is no LFS. The decision taken by the devs to cease the drip feed of new content (that we had all been used to seeing) caused, IMHO, numbers to decline. Scawen telling people to 'play something else' wasn't exactly a great help to us either.

2011 is probably going to be tougher than 2010 for the server providers. I don't have a crystal ball but the so-called 'progress report' didn't inspire me with confidence that new content is imminent so my guess is that we will all be playing the same hand we played in 2010 for much if not all of this year.

So here's the thing ...

However you feel about the state of LFS development expressing your view on these forums one way or the other will not make any difference. However, regularly jumping on a server and enjoying the experience will. The people who spend the time and money to provide the community with somewhere to race/drift need your support now more than at any time in the past. If and when S3 is released it would be good to know that there are still servers out there to actually run it on.
Quote from jasonmatthews :

Hello LFS users,

I think you nailed it...

PS: My guess for Scawen's next post: "Thanks for your birthday wishes!" [/SARCASM]
I keep wanting to post, but can't think of anything new to say. Our reasons for working the way we do are well documented, and understood by many people, some of who have posted on this thread.

It's quite strange that some people think we are hiding something, not telling the truth and so on. Our biggest mistake seems to have been, ever announcing anything we planned to work on or release. Because those are the things that are held against us most often.

I've tried to explain the complication of developing a tyre model but really you won't get it from my few words, you'd have to try yourself to see all the issues that come up.

Anyway I know there is a lot of support out there as well, which was quite evident in the first few pages. People who do believe that we are working on things to improve LFS and that these things are not easy. For them and us, we are continuing to work on things that will make LFS a better driving experience.

Sorry about announcing things we were planning to do in the past, raising expectations and so on, either by our own fault or when things were announced beyond our control. It's a pity that difficult things can't always be done at high speed, so that previous announcements wouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, it's a new year and I'm back on those tyres trying to get it right and then into LFS, looking forward to some good results that make the cars feel good and stand up reasonably well to some scrutiny by our knowledgable community members.
This thread is closed

Progress Report December 2010
(1653 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG