The online racing simulator
Real Car Simulator
(27 posts, started )
Real Car Simulator
Hey guys,

I'm just courious. I havn't been driving cars on the edge so I am courious wheather physics in LFS between 0-120 kmh are accurate? In comparison I was playing recently The Real Car Simulator for a while and physics seems there quite different to LFS ones altough realistic looking.

If you don't know / remember the game here's demo - only 15 mb - link

BTW Turn off traction controll for better fun - that rwd car with 140 bhp is quite driftable.
at low speeds the physics arent real at all.. which is kinda annoying lol, because your wheels are sliding around at 5 mph.. which.. er.. only time that happens is if your trying to go up a wall lol
Even my G reg sierra with cheap rubber has more grip below 30mph!
Ok, let's not get carried away here, LFS physics are VERY realistic.
What people mean is that you'd get MORE grip at low speeds but
that doesn't make it 'unrealistic' in my book, the car's behavior/reactions
are all spot on and are as clsoe to driving a real car as i've found in any
'game'. Pretty much everything happens just like it would except it
happens a bit sooner and smoother in LFS because of the low grip 'bug'.
You could say it's like driving in the rain with all-season tires

Now, don't go drifting out on public roads though...i suggest an empty
parking lot or a private track. If you have snow, it's even better imo.
And a healthy bank balance to pay for all the tyre changes you will need . . .
#6 - axus
While LFS physics are a bit dodgy at low speed and by low speed I mean bellow 50kph, overall they are very realistic. I think the issue comes from the shape of the traction "circle" (it is actually an elipse) at low speed with high tyre slip ratios (or with high slip ratios altogether - it is just more noticable at low speed because that is where you are more likely to get a high slip ratio because of greater acceleration). Basically you are using all of your grip for longitudinal acceleration and because of the elipse not being elips-ish enough you don't have any lateral grip left while in the real world you would still have some.
#7 - Jakg
#8 - maczo
Quote from Jakg :get a 403 on that link!

just go to the (...).it page , go to "download" and enter "real car" in the search window
Link works now.
That demo is terrible, not worth the download
LFS physics are pretty sweet until you need 2nd or 1st gear. If RL F3000s handled like the LFS FO8 they'd be banned
The link doesnt work for me.
Are you talking about this? http://www.bhmotorsports.com/TRCS

By the way, why we keep saying the low speed grip is "just a bug"? The situation hasn't radically changed since S1. Scawen has said it will be fixed but why now and not before this day? It would be great to have it really fixed and finally we would get rid of that constant fear of loosing the grip.

Quote from NaBUru38 :If the UFR or RB4 were unlocked instead (no, no more cars), more people would join.

I agree. The demo doesn't represent full S2 mostly because of the ancient car choices.
Quote from deggis :By the way, why we keep saying the low speed grip is "just a bug"? The situation hasn't radically changed since S1. Scawen has said it will be fixed but why now and not before this day?

Pardon?illepall

Are you seriously trying to say that you can't tell that there's a radical difference between the tire physics in S1 and S2a?

There is a huge difference!
I still remember when I tried that game. It was fun but that's basically all I remember. It had some good points, though the cars were all japanise skylines&supras...

And the demo got somehow messed up so the texts inside the game were unreadable. Was painful to set up my wheel...trial&error

Did they even finish the game? Can it be bought from anywhere?

PS. And the demo is quite fine as it is. A car with slicks and it would be perfect
Quote : Are you talking about this? http://www.bhmotorsports.com/TRCS

True.

Quote :That demo is terrible, not worth the download

With traction contol and FWD Corolla - truely terrible. With that second RWD car and TCS off it's worth playing. Not long though cause its time trial only

BTW Havn't you realised that this game (2001 AFAIK) have the same track shadows like in LFS? In both games they look terrible.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Pardon?illepall

Are you seriously trying to say that you can't tell that there's a radical difference between the tire physics in S1 and S2a?

There is a huge difference!

I mean the tail-happiness hasn't gone anywhere, of course it's changed and even improved but not enough.
Quote from NaBUru38 : Driving them is actually a incredibly stressing task.

how would you know that?
Quote from Vendetta :how would you know that?

I was thinking the same thing. Though more towards how does he know how the UF or the RB4 handle...
:munching_
LFS isn't doing itself justice atm I feel.. It has great potential but, even though its not as bad as S1, some big flaws in physics.. However, Scawen knows about the issues so I think the only thing we must do is wait for either an update to appear, or if thats not within a while, try to tell little Leo to bug his daddy into improving the tyres
the crash sounds are nice ff is terrible and the wheel wont center proper and doesnt help that the config is in japanese
#23 - IDUI
Quote from Clownpaint :Having said that, the tyres screeching at 20mph in a gtr car with no throttle is a bit... silly.

It's a Hollywood effect.
Steve Mcqueen, A Ford Mustang GT, the streets of San Francisco.

Scawen, Eric, Victor. Get on it.
Quote from IDUI :It's a Hollywood effect.

well, then tyres should screech on mud, gras and sand too .

Real Car Simulator
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG