The online racing simulator
I have to say that I really, really hate the B-Spec mode. I bought a racing game so that I can race, not sit there and tell some idiot CPU to not crash all the time...the only reason I'm doing it is so that I can get that Furai concept.
Quote from MAGGOT :I have to say that I really, really hate the B-Spec mode. I bought a racing game so that I can race, not sit there and tell some idiot CPU to not crash all the time...the only reason I'm doing it is so that I can get that Furai concept.

i kind of agree, but i wouldnt mind having the b spec there just for endurance races, like in gt4 were you could switch between the two, having it as a seperate mode totally defeats the object of paying £40 or equivalent to play a racing game
I like B-Spec actually. It is good when you run into racing fatigue, but still want to advance yourself in GT. It earns you credits, and cars, while allowing you to relax.

It's a good thing IMO.
Quote from kirmy :i kind of agree, but i wouldnt mind having the b spec there just for endurance races, like in gt4 were you could switch between the two, having it as a seperate mode totally defeats the object of paying £40 or equivalent to play a racing game

B-Spec with live driver changes (by that I mean player-CPU) for endurance races is a good idea... as long as you don't have to train your stupid B-Spec driver.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I like B-Spec actually. It is good when you run into racing fatigue, but still want to advance yourself in GT. It earns you credits, and cars, while allowing you to relax.

It's a good thing IMO.

Cheat codes would be better for this, then, since it's not as much of a waste of time. The current B-Spec implementation is absolutely retarded. "Well, I've played the game once, now I'm going to watch the computer play it again."
Maybe that's just you. I've been doing it concurrently for the most part.
Quote from MAGGOT :I have to say that I really, really hate the B-Spec mode. I bought a racing game so that I can race, not sit there and tell some idiot CPU to not crash all the time...the only reason I'm doing it is so that I can get that Furai concept.

No one is forcing you to do it
You can earn credits and buy the car from the UCD

---

BTW I test drove a Cizeta 16T, looks bad ass, and is beast to drive
Completely different to GT4! The engine has so much torque, you'll spin out in 3rd gear even with partial throttle of Hard sports tyres!
updates on that new GT wheel

Quote from Mr Latte :New updates on Facebook

Precision & Range Video

New Info:

Thrustmaster T500 RS The choice of the materials has been an extensive and crucial process in the conception of the T500 RS.
Both our R&D department and Polyphony Digital have spent two months searching and testing the best materials for the wheel. They had to be both soft & sleek to fit with the 3 full turns and the high speed of rotation (when you let slip the wheel rim spinning back to centre at very high speed, you do not want to get blisters in your palm).
Moreover the raw materials had to be 100% identical, from one wheel to another, from of the production chain.
Last the selected chemical composition contributes to reach the density & weight desired to obtain the right inertia ratio between wheel rim and engine friction.
Therefore we selected the right chemical formula of a specific rubber matching these requirements.
Besides the red strip is made of steel and helps you to always know your position. Also, the plastron is made of a thick authentic brushed metal plate for more realism.

Col, finished with the T7 now, will send it tomorrow if that's ok? thanks
Quote from CoolColJ :No one is forcing you to do it
You can earn credits and buy the car from the UCD

Really? Prize cars wind up in the UCD? Bye-bye B-Spec.
Quote from MAGGOT :Really? Prize cars wind up in the UCD? Bye-bye B-Spec.

Yes, I've seen the Furai, as well as the other prize cars in the UCD, but some cost quite a bit, and take a while to show up.
Maggot - I have a Furai, which I don't even use. Got anything interesting to trade?
I believe I have that Cizeta if you want
Quote from MAGGOT :I believe I have that Cizeta if you want

Ok, let's trade
Is it still stock as far as engine stages go? and Weight? Just bolt on stuff?

PSn - CoolColJ
Never even viewed it in the spinner, she came exactly as she sits
Everyone was raving about the Caterham Fireblade but one popped up in the used car dealer which I bought, and found out that for car that has 380 or something BHP/tonne, it did 0-60 in about 6 seconds...and by default had motorcycle gearing so first went to about 90 and second to 125.

All in all, it struggled with the British Lightweight cup and I found the whole thing a bit disappointing.
I just finished my Super Licence. 60 Gold trophies FTW
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Everyone was raving about the Caterham Fireblade but one popped up in the used car dealer which I bought, and found out that for car that has 380 or something BHP/tonne, it did 0-60 in about 6 seconds...and by default had motorcycle gearing so first went to about 90 and second to 125.

All in all, it struggled with the British Lightweight cup and I found the whole thing a bit disappointing.

Well I wasn't raving about it

It's got no torque, a lighter flywheel and shorter gearing helps a lot though
Quote from MAGGOT :Never even viewed it in the spinner, she came exactly as she sits

LOL, I just won one right after you sent it to me.....
Would you guys be interested in organising some online racing? Like let's pick a horsepower and weight limits and few other conditions and then go race some evening? Keep the cars and rotate the tracks once in a while.
Quote from Hyperactive :Would you guys be interested in organising some online racing? Like let's pick a horsepower and weight limits and few other conditions and then go race some evening? Keep the cars and rotate the tracks once in a while.

I'm interested.
Quote from Hyperactive :Would you guys be interested in organising some online racing? Like let's pick a horsepower and weight limits and few other conditions and then go race some evening? Keep the cars and rotate the tracks once in a while.

Won't work probably. When i organized a little race with people from here, half of the people turning up didn't stick to the rules (showed up with tuned cars instead of stock cars).
Then the host limits the choice to a few cars or one car..

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG