The online racing simulator
I noticed the clutch on the G27 was slightly less crappy. It seems to want to go into gear more often now.
Quote from speed1230 :free museum cards for online log in were already there before the updates

The cards were, but the paints weren't, you now get both cards and paint
I find it amusing how they improved the sounds...

for one car :hyper:
Quote from Gills4life ::hyper:

I don't often laugh out loud at stuff on the internet, but that really cracked me up.

I find it amazing how they took 6 years to deliver a half-finished product and then hastily try to fix it up within a matter of weeks. What, please tell me what, have they been doing?!?

At least for me however these patches are reinforcing the completely wrong behaviour. I could buy the game right now, grind the hell out of ugly cars and illogical design decisions or hold out on the game, wait for the most anoying things to be patched out and then buy the game at a reduced price.

Vain
I think they said originally they had planned to release the game about 8 months after the release of Prologue, but Sony required a number of shitty targets for PD to hit with the full game, which meant they had to take longer in optimising it and pretty much making it much worse than it could have been. I can't remember exactly what they were, or if I am talking any kind of sense. I'm sure I remember reading it on GTPlanet though. I wish Sony would just let them get on with it and decide what is best for the game rather than what is best for their bloody company. :hbomb:

E: Glad to have made you chuckle without the aid of slapstick. Got enough bruises thank you very much
This is a serious wheel - it looks like it will have beefy FFB motors, so it should spin as fast and hard as real wheel when you let go
The DFGT is seriously slow in this regard...

link to the new animation
http://www.thrustmaster.com/

Quote from danowat :List of "hidden" (i.e. not mentioned in the release log) changes in 1.05

All the tracks have much better lighting now, less dark for one.
Even the course generator tracks look better. Small touches to textures and objects here and there

And they have equalised the brightness and burn out difference between cockpit view and the other ones, but the snow is still going white in cockpit view, and on SS5 interior view is still darker than bumper.

They need to dial down the EV inside the car on snow tracks so the snow doens't burn out to total white. Right now you need to change EV to -1.0!

On Le Mans, the sand pits are possible getting too burnt out
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I've never been able to go online though i can go in seasonal events and the online dealership. I also get logged out of PSN quite alot.

Just go back out the main page, click on news to resync
That has to be my new wheel... sometime in the future, in 2 years..

I'm finding out that more and more cars are dull to drive... seriously, like physics are totally toned down in them, i don't know if i'm tripping but the challenge of driving is not bigger then that Colin Mcrae for my Nokia 6230i. You know, the only challenge is not to go way too quickly in the corner, everything else is done by itself..
^ Umm yeah like in real life, drive under control, and surprise the car stays controlled
Won't work, it seems to work fine when i'm not on GT5 but as soon as i boot it up i get server and PSN issues, think my PS3 will be going back if i can't fix it, the whole thing is a shambles, my £20 dongle can pick up a signal from my router without timing out yet a £300 console cannot, it's not even possible for me to wire it up either.
Well i'll be damned, i've just entered the lobby...
That RGT is just 104 euros? wtf when I get my Christmas money I am so buying that wheel.
It's not the RGT. It's the T500 RS, don't think it's on sale yet.
Quote from Gills4life :It's not the RGT. It's the T500 RS, don't think it's on sale yet.

Lol dam My bad i beat it wil be also priced at like 300 pounds which will make it a no buy for me.
Probably yes. Luckily my Fanatec 911 Turbo that I got soon after they first went retail, is still going as strong as the day I got it. Although the leather is starting to wear a little bit from the amount of use it has had! I do love the look of that new Thrusty weel though..
will the T500 work on the PC?
Got some more photo mode images.

My Slightly (just slightly) better than the real thing Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera. And my (sold now) Maserati Gran Turismo S (ish)

Photomode is quite fun. I love taking realistic looking pictures. I think the first one of the Gran Turismo looks quite good.

Btw since taking the ones of the Maserati I decided 16:9 is best.
Attached images
Ahrweiler Gate.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7_1.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7_2.jpg
Siena - Piazza del Campo.jpg
Siena - Piazza del Campo_1.jpg
Siena - Piazza del Campo_2.jpg
Siena - Piazza del Campo_3.jpg
Siena - Piazza del Campo_4.jpg
The lvl of detail is a moustrosity...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Has anyone tried those Seasonal Time Trial events? I did the second one, where everyone chose the RX8 on Rome. I'm 5 seconds late, is it my problem, or the people are not running it stock? And the combo is :vomit: Funny how this game can vary so much depending on car/track/tires combo.. one time it's NFS Pursuit, the other it's an awesome sim...

You can add things like clutches, gearboxes, flywheels, suspension etc
Weight reduction where possible
Quote from CoolColJ :^ Umm yeah like in real life, drive under control, and surprise the car stays controlled

Please, let's be serious.. have you driven the RX8 in Rome? Even stock.. sport medium tires, god it's lifeless, dull, unchallenging, arcade, call it whatever you like.. it turns out from a respectable and deserved-to-be-called-sim, to an arcade racer in those kind of circumstances/combos.. Compare that Rome track with South City and how sweaty you are after a race on SO.. their fictional tracks are comicall, so flat or what's the case..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Please, let's be serious.. have you driven the RX8 in Rome? Even stock.. sport medium tires, god it's lifeless, dull, unchallenging, arcade, call it whatever you like.. it turns out from a respectable and deserved-to-be-called-sim, to an arcade racer in those kind of circumstances/combos.. Compare that Rome track with South City and how sweaty you are after a race on SO.. their fictional tracks are comicall, so flat or what's the case..

I've only driven it in Prologue.
Rx-8 doesn't have much torque and sports medium or semi-slicks are pretty grippy in real life.

I saw someone who tracks a RX-7 on r888 semi-slicks in real life and he says the GT5 soft sports tyres feel like his, while hard sports tyres in GT5 feel like driving on ice

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG