The online racing simulator
Which parts? Probably not enough polygons
the bottom light, the circle doesnt look perfectly round. and ingame, i can sometimes see the driver through the rear wheel well from certain angles when watching replays.
-
(JJ72) DELETED by JJ72
Quote from Boris Lozac :GT5

at 4 second per frame.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse it's different, photo mode is actually that, photo mode You get pictures like they were taken with a quality digital camera.. but i'm saying that reflections, ligtning, number of polygons etc.. is pretty much the same.

no way. smoke resolution is at least doubled, same to shadow quality, the LOD level is at least 1 step up, resolution of environmental map is at least 4 times up. not to mention you never get to see the flickering in any photomode. Makes the game looks better by a long shot.
So much of the pre-release stuff (shadows, weather effects) were bullshots, but then again, thats nothing unusual these days.
Quote from Gabkicks :the bottom light, the circle doesnt look perfectly round. and ingame, i can sometimes see the driver through the rear wheel well from certain angles when watching replays.

yeah perfect circle need tons of polys, well an infinite amount
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why bullshots, like you don't have the game yourself Have you raced against Premium cars, they look this good besides you.. reflections and all, offcourse photo mode makes it prettier, but not that much.. some AA and stuff.

I do have the game, and like it a lot, but that doesn't mean I won't be objective in my criticisms of it. To be anything else, in fact, would squarely place me in the "fanboy" category

Photo mode photos look nice, and there's nothing wrong with them being of higher quality, just don't act like they're representative of the in-game graphical quality because they are not.
Quote from sinbad :
Photo mode photos look nice, and there's nothing wrong with them being of higher quality, just don't act like they're representative of the in-game graphical quality because they are not.

Indeed. Especially when doing nascar races and looking at the other cars, it's VERY obvious.
Quote from BlueFlame :I was joking at the fact the shadow at the bottom isn't a pixelated nightmare that looks like it's from a Sega Master System.

Oh sorry, i only read the first bit of your post "That cant be GT5" without reading the rest haha, teaches me to skip posts
Does anyone know what car (preferably cheap and in the new car delearship) comes with a light green paint item? Similar to the lime green paint on a Focus RS MkII.
Lancia delta S4 + Nurgburgring = oh my god

cannot wait for youtube upload feature
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from spyshagg :Lancia delta S4 + Nurgburgring = oh my god

Few of my purchases

Matt Black LFA

Silvia with the race mods

Sleepy eyes ftw!
It seems like we might be getting this car soon

(some BMW employee)

Quote :It does not matter if you do not get an opportunity to drive this car in the real world.
If you can dream about it and own the Sony Playstation 3 , you can drive the car in the virtual world.
The 1M Coupe will be offered in the near future as a special download for Gran Turismo 5.

Also you can register for GT Academy US.. it starts 20th december, there will be some downloadable goodies for all participants.
Just raced 4 hours straight for nothing. Starting to think why i bother.
Quote from 91mason91 :Just raced 4 hours straight for nothing. Starting to think why i bother.

^ This is the problem with "race = reward" systems in games.

Instead of racing to gain XP or money or whatever, "we" should really be racing for the pure joy of racing
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Had the exact same thing.

The rewards are, (excuse my french) utter SHITE.

Although i do recommend we stick at it. The Indy 500 onwards shows great rewards. (Jaguar XJ13).
Quote from danowat :^ This is the problem with "race = reward" systems in games.

Instead of racing to gain XP or money or whatever, "we" should really be racing for the pure joy of racing

Double post: There is no enjoyment to be had racing a Mazda Mx5 around the Tsukuba circuit for 4 hours. Maybe a Ford GT, Ferrari or some LMP cars around some fast flowing track like Circuit De La Sarthe or Trail Mountain.
i honestly love tskuba, the corners are so linked together, and such an odd shape, and speed, with what can almost be explained as little chicanes, or s curves...its just a nice track
Quote from spyshagg :Lancia delta S4 + Nurgburgring = oh my god

Don't think that is happening anymore, Kaz mentioned on twitter that memory issues and long rendering times for it, but is still considering it
Quote from 13OB :Few of my purchases

Can that be upgraded and tuned? Whats the max power it can do
Quote from CoolColJ :Can that be upgraded and tuned? Whats the max power it can do

Yep Its at 200bhp atm (not sure if fully upgraded, 1 more engine upgrade). Also got some slicks on it and its a machine!
Quote from 13OB :Yep Its at 200bhp atm (not sure if fully upgraded, 1 more engine upgrade). Also got some slicks on it and its a machine!

Cool, I wonder if the Fiat 500 can be tuned up likewise

I took my Ford SVT truck to an online drift lobby - that was funny
It feels truck'ish off course, but 509hp and no weight at back will kick the back end out no worries, and it feels quite stable due to the long wheel base and weight
Quote from CoolColJ :Cool, I wonder if the Fiat 500 can be tuned up likewise

I wouldn't waste your money tbh. It cost around 250k+ to buy and upgrade it. I just done it because all I do is buy total crap when I get money e.g. a 13bhp Mazda for 20k haha
Some of my new beauty's I experimented with some settings, and a filter to.
Attached images
Ahrweiler Gate.jpg
Kyoto - Gion.jpg
Kyoto - Shoren-in_1.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7.jpg
Kyoto - Gion_1.jpg
I just finished the 60 laps around Grand Valley. I enjoyed it. I did take a retardedly fast car on racing tyres, so I was 7 laps up on second place.. but it was a fun race.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG