The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :well it's about NOT scraping the car in front for me, they are ass slow, but the track isn't that wide and you can't touch them.

I got 2nd.. I needed 1 more corner.. FFFFF
Quote from FPVaaron :Yeah and you can rewind the race too, drift really easy and put a 5L v8 in a focus and keep it FWD

GT5 is actually a challenge which I like

anyone with some seld esteem don't use rewind, and its your problem using over powered cars, you can do the same in GT.

I don't know what challenge are you talking about, I am on level 12 and still haven't seen any AI doing reasonable pace.
Quote from JJ72 :anyone with some seld esteem don't use rewind, and its your problem using over powered cars, you can do the same in GT.

I don't know what challenge are you talking about, I am on level 12 and still haven't seen any AI doing reasonable pace.

Forza drifts for you and at impossible angles not to say it isn't fun but it isn't as realistic as GT5, I put over 100 hours into Forza I know my way around it pretty well.

The AI in forza aren't as "stupid" but they're made easy to beat just like the whole game is, try driving the same car as an AI and you will some how be faster on the straights even when not drafting

If you hate the GT AI so much just go race online
But I need the money to buy cars....which brings us to another problem, there's no reward racing online, no exp, no money.....so you are forced to go through the single player. In forza 3 I can survive on online races alone.

dustin: same story as me then, went up to 5th after first lap but just couldn't catch the last one in time.
I know I can... that's the problem
i was 3rd end of lap 1 overtook 2nd in chicago and overtook 1st in hammerhead then took it easy
I'm a little disappointed with the aftermarket wheel options. So there's like 10 wheels in this game, that's it?
Quote from FPVaaron :Forza drifts for you and at impossible angles not to say it isn't fun but it isn't as realistic as GT5, I put over 100 hours into Forza I know my way around it pretty well.

The AI in forza aren't as "stupid" but they're made easy to beat just like the whole game is, try driving the same car as an AI and you will some how be faster on the straights even when not drafting

If you hate the GT AI so much just go race online

dont...

all you get is " why do you have all the assists off you f***** noob "

the game overall is fun, miles from realisitic But its a step in the right direction, snow drifting is the best part of it ( track creator with the corners made as wide and difficult as possible )
Quote from theirishnoob :dont...

all you get is " why do you have all the assists off you f***** noob "

the game overall is fun, miles from realisitic But its a step in the right direction, snow drifting is the best part of it ( track creator with the corners made as wide and difficult as possible )

Lol, no assists and manual clutch
Same as GT5

Though, as far as most realistic driving sim goes I still think LFS takes the cake
Seems like the HD you have in your PS3 makes a difference after all, even though reports say it doesn't...

Quote from DraGoN-BoY :Woot! The WD Scorpio drive paid off, started off at 30mins to install and in the first couple minutes dropped to 15mins. Should be done in 10mins

Hmm maybe I should get a 7200rpm drive before I install GT5....
Used about 50% of my 120GB factory drive right now. It's usually fairly quick installing 1+ GB demos off the PSN in any case. 1-2 mins or so, and that's reading off the drive and installing back onto it.

6-8GB should not take that long reading off a BD in theory. We'll see
You guys make it sound like I've got nothing positive to say, which isn't true, if you care to read my posts you'll see I am trying to be balanced, praising the good, but pointing out the flaws.

But all you see is the negatives I post, I am, first and foremost, a sim fan, I really couldn't care less what system, or what francise it is, if its good, its good, bottomline.

With that said, I am done with this thread, there is no point me posting because all you lot will do is pull what I say apart, and lambast me as a "hater".

Hopefully I'll race some of you online at some point.
Quote from jibber :<review>

I agree 100%. The physics are actually much much better than I expected, even good enough for me to put LFS in its well deserved rest.

There are some things that I seriously HATE thought, like the content denying. Why am I being locked out of content that I bought and want to play? I don't want to spend hours doing stupid Top Gear or AMG challenges just to drive on couple tracks, I want to drive them immediately out of the box. I wouldn't mind so much if they were simply level limited, even though that would be pointless aswell, but having to do separate challenges just to unlock tracks is retarded. I very nearly slammed a glass through my tv last night when I was doing the intermediate top gear Lotus challenge. It's the same with cars, there's no need for a level system at all.

But otherwise, I seriously love this game. I like it a lot more than I thought I would.
Anyone tried the online yet? I've read it pretty much sucks
Quote from jibber :I'm a little disappointed with the aftermarket wheel options. So there's like 10 wheels in this game, that's it?

I believe there is a different set for every car
Quote from CoolColJ :I believe there is a different set for every car

Tried three different cars so far. S2000, RX-7 and Lancia Delta. If i remember correctly, the RX-7 and Lancia had less options than the S2000 (about two or three wheels less). None had more than about 10 different wheels to choose from.

Enkei, Volk, Advan, Prodrive... (maybe two models each), that's all i've seen in this game so far. Most of those wheels aren't very pretty either (3d models).

As funny as it is, but this is the biggest disappointment i have with the game so far (and that there's not enough interesting premium cars).
Quote from jibber :Tried three different cars so far. S2000, RX-7 and Lancia Delta. If i remember correctly, the RX-7 and Lancia had less options than the S2000 (about two or three wheels less). None had more than about 10 different wheels to choose from.

Enkei, Volk, Advan, Prodrive... (maybe two models each), that's all i've seen in this game so far. Most of those wheels aren't very pretty either (3d models).

As funny as it is, but this is the biggest disappointment i have with the game so far (and that there's not enough interesting premium cars).

Yeah it's pretty strange, although I dont have the game yet, but it seems PD were forced to get the game out before everything was completed to their "standards" or liking.
So now we get to play it while they patch it to where they wanted it....

I don't mind, I missed the Time Trial feelings, and that was just 1 car and track
It doesn't bother me too much to be honest. As long as i have my S2000 with white Advan RG-II wheels it's all good.

Completed the two first AMG driving school events and unlocked the nordschleife yesterday evening by the way. Gonna have some fun on the ring tonight...
Wouldn't be suprised if they released extra wheels as DLC, seems like the way to do it now " well lets just give them the base game and make them pay for the rest"...just a personal hate with DLC.
Quote from jibber :It doesn't bother me too much to be honest. As long as i have my S2000 with white Advan RG-II wheels it's all good.

Completed the two first AMG driving school events and unlocked the nordschleife yesterday evening by the way. Gonna have some fun on the ring tonight...

Just bought S2000 for tarmac rally, it's a bit slippery
why... army my outside tires off of the ground ?

Quote from FPVaaron :Just bought S2000 for tarmac rally, it's a bit slippery

The S2000 is a bit "slippery" in real life too. Not as slippery as in GT5 tho, i'll give you that.
Is it true that the laptime leaderboard isn't functional yet?
What's the fastest speed anyone has got to so far? I got my 370z to 332km (206mph)
Quote from Gabkicks :why... army my outside tires off of the ground ?

That's the special edition hover lancer

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG