The online racing simulator
1031 cars, can't wait not enough aussie fords in there though! the old GT4 at least at an XR6 turbo to thrash around
Quote from FPVaaron :1031 cars, can't wait not enough aussie fords in there though! the old GT4 at least at an XR6 turbo to thrash around

There's one Holden. To give it to the fords.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :There's one Holden. To give it to the fords.

lol

not into console driving games / sims myself so i can take an unbiased view so i'll have alook when it comes out.

one thing that has struck me is the fuss about the standard / premium cars and some people on more dedicated forums than this going into orbit about it. why didn't they just release the game / sim with just the premium content and then make the standard cars available as free downloadable content? that way no one would have been complaining about some cars being substandard and the standard cars would have been seen as a freebie extra if you wanted it.
I'm just looking forward to the new X1 prototype. Fastest car on the game.
Quote from RMZ125 :I'm just looking forward to the new X1 prototype. Fastest car on the game.

I'll probably be driving the Integra Type-R the most, in every game i find that car being my main

V-tec brooooo
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Damn I'm so tempted to buy PS3+GT5! Damn you polyphony
Quote from brandons48 :It'll definately be an R34 Skyline for me. Maybe an R32, they can handle so much extra power, and they're AWD

I'll go the model T Ford so I can race around the 'Ring' and get a blistering lap at 2 days 8 hours and 15 mins. Take out the time lost rolling backwards on the uphills.

Wait! No Model T, you mongrels.:faint:
Tried the VW Camper van today.....while it is a laugh for about 30 sec, it quickly become a wasted slot among the premium cars...if it has a PI rating in Forza it would be below 50! I don't know if tuning will help make it a fun car to race, but right now you are better off walking.
when i get another ps3. Toyota corolla will most likely be my car
probably the skyline. Well 999 of the 1000 cars are skylines
Tesco are doing 160GB ps3's for 199.99 til 3rd of december, think I'll nip down this wknd
Quote from RMZ125 :I'm just looking forward to the new X1 prototype. Fastest car on the game.

It'll be boring to drive as it'll be 'too good'.

Same with Skylines. Brilliant cars if you have a brain the size of a pea, a penchant for pointlessly large exhausts, and find 12 year old girls attractive when you do lap after lap of the local town trying to look like you have a penis bigger than a grain of rice.

The best thing about the Skyline is that the latest one isn't even called a Skyline, but it annoys Nissan lovers (bet you never thought you'd hear that phrase!) if you call it one. Ha ha ha ha.
Quote from beefyman666 :How could they get rid of Midfield Raceway?! That was one of the best made up tracks on any racing game. Ever.

I enjoyed midfield as well. I've already had gt5 preordered for a while, and I just ordered a PS3 160gb yesterday because it came w/ a free extra controller.
Quote from bunder9999 :it won't... i've played GT since the first one, and while they are fun games, they are nowhere the simulation they claim to be, and i'm reasonably satisified it never will.

as for it being a LFS replacement, maybe for those who just want to drive fancy cars around... and have already plopped down the money on a next-gen console. i haven't. to be honest, i still can't be bothered to buy one...

if you want an idea of how unrealistic gt* is, drive into the wall, floor the gas and let go of the steering wheel... or try driving the wrong way with your hands off the wheel.

I'm not saying it's in LFS/iRacing league, but lapping that Academy Demo gave me that 'sim satisfaction', where i felt like i know where i'm doing wrong, made me want to drive it lap after lap.. the weight distribution was awesome.
Quote from Luke.S :probably the skyline. Well 999 of the 1000 cars are skylines

And the other one is the X1 prototype.

I'll probably end up getting loads of cars, build them then sell them to do most of the events in career mode, but I'd spend the spare cash on tuning some Japanese performance cars.
Quote from tristancliffe :Same with Skylines. Brilliant cars if you have a brain the size of a pea, a penchant for pointlessly large exhausts, and find 12 year old girls attractive when you do lap after lap of the local town trying to look like you have a penis bigger than a grain of rice.

Dang, how did you know?!
[Insert Miata owner hairdresser stereotype joke here]

In all seriousness, gonna install the G25, again, back in to the living room tomorrow. Been playing GT4 a lot now, if only the physics weren't so utter crap in it. Not that GT5 will be much better in that area.

Edit: Just noticed that some of the cars have been changed from standard to premium in the car list, including the F40.
Quote from Matrixi :Edit: Just noticed that some of the cars have been changed from standard to premium in the car list, including the F40.

I was going to say
Quote from Matrixi :
Edit: Just noticed that some of the cars have been changed from standard to premium in the car list, including the F40.

Yes, seen that yesterday, great for F40... Veyron is still Standard though, not really care, but judging by those scans i can't figure out how is that 'standard'..
I think the standard exterior models are more than adequete, premium ones are bordering on overkill in the modelling department from what I have seen.

The biggest issue, for me, is the lack of cockpit, or even bonnet view, from the standard models.

Bumper cam, and external cam are massive immersion killers for me.
There is no bonnet view on standart cars ? :O
It's not about perfection, it's about FUN

xD
I don't doubt it will be fun, and I am perfectly aware that perfection isn't possible, but a cockpit, or at the very least, a bonnet view, does go along way to help with some sense of immersion.

As far as has been mentioned so far, standard cars have external cam, or bumper cam.
Quote from speed1230 :It's not about perfection, it's about FUN

OMG, way too many people would be happy if it's FUN What is FUN exactly? I want it to be a SIM dammit, not fun as "TDU fun"..
I couldn't care less about the cars really, it's the track list which disappoints me. I expected Midfield and Seattle as a starting point, I thought they were a given in any Gran Turismo game. I know they're ficitional, but I don't subscribe to the "real trackz is best" theory, I don't care if a track exists in real life or not, what matters is the layout and what the track looks like.
That kinda sucks. Seattle was great in the faster cars in the opening bits.. jumping up the various blocks.. having to brake before a jump so you slowed down enough for the corner at the top of the hill (I can't count how many times I tried to brake in mid air ).

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG