The online racing simulator
GT has always been about quantity over quality. It always will be.
So... it is 24th Everywhere? Games usually come out on friday, so I'm pretty sure it's the 26th in the UK.

EDIT: Turns out it will be released in the UK on Wednesday. F**k Yeah!
Quote from Fastwalker :i miss Red Rock valley from gt2
how amazing that would look with ps3 graphics

Apricot Hill reverse was a great track too

I think Aspirot Hill is here to stay so I think it will be in the game.
Quote from tristancliffe :GT has always been about quantity over quality. It always will be.

Such as the LFSForum.net, the people critizising it most, raging most about almost everything, are the ones with the most posts
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
So i herd that GT5 is coming out on 24th?
Lets hope they don't delay it again - the game has already had too much delays
Quote from baSh0r :Such as the LFSForum.net, the people critizising it most, raging most about almost everything, are the ones with the most posts

Who said I was criticising it? I was replying to someone saying they were morally and personally offended and hurt by the fact that a game developer hasn't considered the needs and wants of every single living cell in the known universe.

I've preordered it, and I've been quietly looking forward to it. I'm not bothered by delays. I don't care about standard/premium cars (I drive them, not look at them closely). I don't care too much about the handling as GT has always been best played on a sofa with friends and some glasses of alcohol. I think the VW Camper is much more worthy of Premium status than the disgustingly ugly and utterly pointless Veyron.

I think the damage looks pretty good for normal racing contact, but obviously (in the interest of playability and the difficulty of modelling every nut and bolt on the car to get totally realistic damage) it's lacking in high speed crashes. The weather looks great, and I love the idea of playing, say, Monza with the actual weather there at the time.

So don't poke your grubby, stubby little finger at me without thinking first.

I also think it will be a bit of a let down after the hype. But not as much as F1 2010 was.
For the damage of street cars me think licensing has to do with it, Nascar and rally cars should get the full deal.

And the car list looks way dodgy, there were premium spec R32 and R33 Skyline GT-R in older builds of Prologue and GTHD....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3FPo3ucIg

Quote from baSh0r :Such as the LFSForum.net, the people critizising it most, raging most about almost everything, are the ones with the most posts

Great, so basically you've come to the conclusion that:

The people who post the most - have the most posts.
Quote from mcintyrej :Great, so basically you've come to the conclusion that:

The people who post the most - have the most posts.

Well then he's right, isn't he?
Quote from baSh0r :[...] raging most about almost everything, are the ones with the most posts

Tristan i didn't mean you, but nice that you get so easily offended.
The official date for Gran Turismo 5 to come out is the 24th of November. Australian EB games release the game on the 26th of November. Information can be found here
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/news/d15023.html
I have been looking forward to this game, and hopefully it wont be delayed, but who knows
Will there be downloadable content?
Maybe upgrades to some of the older tracks and cars may filter through.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Will there be downloadable content?
Maybe upgrades to some of the older tracks and cars may filter through.

I'm sure there will be..

Btw, i'm surprissed to see some low expectations here, i'm actually looking for this game to replace my LFS/Online racing fix.. I'm sure it will be worthy of a 'sim' tittle on Pro physics and all aids off..
GT5 isnt close to a sim even with no driving aids. You will see when you play it what i mean.
Quote from baSh0r :GT5 isnt close to a sim even with no driving aids. You will see when you play it what i mean.

I played the GT academy version, that was a year old build and it was worthy to call it a Sim, so i don't know what you mean..
I cant wait to GT5. Game of the year? maybe game of the decade
Quote from Boris Lozac :I played the GT academy version, that was a year old build and it was worthy to call it a Sim, so i don't know what you mean..

I played it too, and somehow i didnt feel it beeing a sim in the way LFS, iR, NK Pro are. I got your point but its different.
Quote from baSh0r :I played it too, and somehow i didnt feel it beeing a sim in the way LFS, iR, NK Pro are.

Well me neither, but it was better then ISI based sims to me, and i did not expect that, if you asked me year and half ago if i would preorder it, i would laugh at you..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well me neither, but it was better then ISI based sims to me, and i did not expect that, if you asked me year and half ago if i would preorder it, i would laugh at you..

It's difficult to be worse than ISI. Last decent thing they produced was SCGT. That being said, I've always been fond of the GT series, right from the first title. Was let down by GT5P, though.
Quote from RMZ125 :The official date for Gran Turismo 5 to come out is the 24th of November. Australian EB games release the game on the 26th of November. Information can be found here
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/news/d15023.html
I have been looking forward to this game, and hopefully it wont be delayed, but who knows

25th actually, Thursday, according to IGN and a newpaper article

What?!
Quote :Guys here in saudi arabia the game already on sale .
and some of my freind playing it right now , but not me
I will however get the copy tommorow and post whatever you like to see from it
hope to help you ease the pain
and they say it is ****in awsome despite the car list

Well This Morning i received a phone call saying that i had to pick up my preorder of gt5 on the 26th of November from Eb games (Australian). I don't Know about other continents when the official date is. Lets hope this is the 'Official' date of this great game.
Quote from RMZ125 :Well This Morning i received a phone call saying that i had to pick up my preorder of gt5 on the 26th of November from Eb games (Australian). I don't Know about other continents when the official date is. Lets hope this is the 'Official' date of this great game.

Ditto, EBgames ran me today also for the 26th.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm sure there will be..

Btw, i'm surprissed to see some low expectations here, i'm actually looking for this game to replace my LFS/Online racing fix.. I'm sure it will be worthy of a 'sim' tittle on Pro physics and all aids off..

it won't... i've played GT since the first one, and while they are fun games, they are nowhere the simulation they claim to be, and i'm reasonably satisified it never will.

as for it being a LFS replacement, maybe for those who just want to drive fancy cars around... and have already plopped down the money on a next-gen console. i haven't. to be honest, i still can't be bothered to buy one...

if you want an idea of how unrealistic gt* is, drive into the wall, floor the gas and let go of the steering wheel... or try driving the wrong way with your hands off the wheel.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG