The online racing simulator
I'm not holding my breath... I'm with DieKolkrabe. Pretty sure that will happen.
I'm naturally cynical, given the amount of time its slipped before
Thanks god I didnt rush to get that ps3 deal
The last date that Polyphony gave was November 2nd. Does that mean it's slipped again, or are you guys just talking about the Russian release?

I've just decided to accept it whenever it arrives. Sounds familiar
Russian date was reported to have slipped to Late Nov/Dec yesterday, rumblings started appearing today that this delay was for Europe too (UK, NL, DE)

But like I said before, its all rumour at the moment, but given the history of the title, who knows.....
I claim crap on that, with it being this close to release they must of already pressed the disks, there is no going back now.
Quote from Dygear :I claim crap on that, with it being this close to release they must of already pressed the disks, there is no going back now.

For that to happen, it would have gone gold, nothing has (of yet) been reported of GT5 going gold.........
Pretty sure the delay is real. Bummed, but not entirely unexpected.
Rough translation of that Dutch link

From an anonymous source we have learned that Gran Turismo have been postponed. According to the source Sony will today announce the delay to te public, It is reported that the game will appear that some weeks later. The previous release dates were 3 November.

I trimmed out the bits that made no sense. But I may have mistranslated
Damn, I wish I'd placed a bet now. I've been saying from the start we wouldn't get it for November.

I guess that since localisation seems to be the biggest factor in causing delays with Japanese ports to Europe, it makes some sense that the Russian one would delay the others.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Any Dutchies want to translate that?

Same as DieKolkrabe's translation, but without trimming.
Quote from site :From an anonymous source we have assumed that Gran Turismo 5 has been postponed yet again. According to the source, Sony will bring out the news officialy today. The message says it will be postponed a few weeks. The previous release date was 3 November, and it appeared that Sony finally could make this true. Which date the game now has is unknown. After contact with Sony, they couldn’t tell if this is try nor false.

FFS, oh well, better change my holiday days I'd booked off in anticipation for its release!!!!.

Thought it was a bit iffy when nothing had been mentioned about it going gold with only 3 weeks till release......
Why am i even still excited about this game?

Delayed again, for no reason except the same crap like always ("we want to make it perfect blah blah"). No cockpits for 80% of the cars. Probably shitty physics. Etc.

Why?!
So they can add ice cream truck racing and lawnmower racing, and finalise the little details on some poppies and daisies in the fields around various tracks.
Those are fully physics modelled, 2000-polygon poppies, I'll have you know
It's a goddamn arcade racing game. Just put it out already.

I just had to.
I'm willing to bet £10 it gets delayed again during the holiday season

We all know what Polyphony are like

Pessimistic? No, game savvy
Lol PD is like the PR company's worst nightmare.

@DieKolkrabe
That would be a very unwise move since that would get it right into the picture for Christmas present buying parents.
Going by previous form however......anything's possible
thank god i didnt sell my xbox to preorder a bundle. im doubting a 2010 release
Via the official PlayStation US Blog:
We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.
We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.
Expect this delay to apply to all regions around the world – I will update this post as other official sources continue to update for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ.
UPDATE: Further confirmation via Polyphony Digital’s JPN website.
UPDATE 2: The delay has been officially confirmed for European regions as well.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG