The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from AMB :A simulator you ****ing **** **** shit stained balls Cincinnati bow tie mother ****er.

Bless him he's all frustrated now. lmfao
Quote from AMB :Yeah same, and when Black Ops comes out I'll buy it but I hope they FIX the goddamn spawn system.... other than that I think it will be a decent game although they have crap snipers.... they should of put the Intervention in Black Ops

/off topic..

I hope they bring back dedicated servers and allow modding so people can actually use it as a competitive play game instead of using some shitty private match making shit
Quote from danowat :Yeah, because something that isn't a "hardcore" sim can't possibly be exicting can it.

Pffftt, take the blinkers off

what are you dribbling about? exciting, did i say that?
Done Bahrain race. Finished 16, just. Alguersuari cocked up on the last couple of laps and had to pit.

Really fun game. Enjoying it a lot. Exactly what I like... A nice relaxing, "for fun" game after a long day.

To everyone who is crying - What the feck did you expect. It was clear from the word go that it will be arcady. I'm sorry to say but you do not make up the gaming community, and developers wont sacrifice all the potential success just to feed some stuckup elitist snobs.
Quote from DevilDare : I'm sorry to say but you do not make up the gaming community, and developers wont sacrifice all the potential success just to feed some stuckup elitist snobs.

who? & what are you going on about?
The whole Sim Racing community. Or, well, the stuck up ones anyway.
Quote from DevilDare :The whole Sim Racing community. Or, well, the stuck up ones anyway.

Well, what did you expect? Most of this community plays LFS, some of them iRacing too. These are proper sims and you wonder "we" don't like this F1 thing.
Why should we stop "crying"? As far as I know it's a public forum, I think it's fine to have our opinions, even if you don't like it.

Call me elitist, I don't care. There's a standard I won't sink below.
It's two sided, just let it go. It's either for you or isn't.
#260 - AMB
Quote from speedykev :Bless him he's all frustrated now. lmfao

I IZ MAD AS HELL NAOW BR0SKI stop it!

Quote from Seb66 :/off topic..

I hope they bring back dedicated servers and allow modding so people can actually use it as a competitive play game instead of using some shitty private match making shit

Yeah they are bringing dedi back AFAIK I swear I read it or heard it from somewhere, now it will be easier to ban cheaters etc since MW2 on PC I had at LEAST 2 blatant hackers EVERY game I played which is why I stopped.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#261 - AMB
Yeah It's going to be shit easy like all Arcade games, pwn noobs online, get bored, quit it, look for a game that's harder, and then wait until next year for F1 2011.
My goodness, the last part of this thread makes me want to delete LFSforum from my bookmarks and log out for good.

I'm going to buy F1 2010 and enjoy it.

Laters.
Indeed, it's unfortunate we have AMB, he's like Prince Philip to the royal family.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Well, what did you expect? Most of this community plays LFS, some of them iRacing too. These are proper sims and you wonder "we" don't like this F1 thing.
Why should we stop "crying"? As far as I know it's a public forum, I think it's fine to have our opinions, even if you don't like it.

Call me elitist, I don't care. There's a standard I won't sink below.

Ohh FFS, what is wrong with you? Your penis wont shrink if you play a slightly more arcade based game you know.

At least no one can call me elitist now I've sunk below the 'standard' that the true hardcore racers like you have set

I'm not sure how you know its so poor when you deleted it after 10 mins

I dunno what all the iRacers are going to do when they realise they've sunk so low . I might have to head off to the iRacing forum (where theres a massive thread about this 'game'.. and a very positive reaction to it) and let them know they are just not worthy of their iRacing subs any more and should all cancel immediately

F1 2010 strikes a really nice balance between arcade and sim, I've had a fantastic day with it so far. Time for round 3 of my championship..must dash.......

Quote from Mp3 Astra :My goodness, the last part of this thread makes me want to delete LFSforum from my bookmarks and log out for good.

Laters.

Just stick the knobends on your ignore list and have fun with F1 2010. It's a bit of a faff getting to feel good, but when you do it's a riot.
#265 - AMB
Quote from boothy :Indeed, it's unfortunate we have AMB, he's like Prince Philip to the royal family.

Won't be here much longer, this game is shiiiiiit, I can't believe I've spent all this money on such a game which rewards people playing a lot and using 'scripts' rather than actually being skilled, I'd rather play with my penis and pretend my balls are 2 wheels and I'm riding a bicycle simulator.

and i r famous ikr, wait until Victor gets here and see if he'll let you in on a little secret rar rar knees bent arms stretched. :davrosmil:kyle::gt::star::simsox::tempted::moped::eclipsee_:heyjoeani:eye-poppi:sorry::auto::figuren04:spchewie::banana_ra:geezer::beady::worried::birthday::drummer::yipee::melting::sleep2::rolleyes::evil::soapbox::ambulance:trophy_br:clapclap::ices_rofl:bartsimps:wizard::detective:leb::spr2d2::biggrinfl:mr-t::hidesbehi:001_007:
#266 - AMB
So F1 2010, who's getting it, what platform, any of you pro arcadurz? I'll be like bam, broke dat LAPRECORD of dat famous guy, then I can drive a real F1 and brakeded the WR iRl... cuz f1 drivers say its so realisticz? which must meeen it's true, obviously i ent the only1 to think this.
Quote from DevilDare :Anyone on PC getting some minor "lag" and "glitches"?

It was fine from the begining, but then like 40min of playing it started...

The game stutters sometimes, and even froze once for like 2 seconds. General input is slow, fast gear changes are hard...

Dont know if its just me. PC specs are way over whats required. And even on lowest settings its doing that.

Probably just ATi just trying to piss me off.

A friend of mine is playing with an Intel QX6850 and a HD5670 and the game runs at 24 constant fps, doesn't matter the settings in the graphic options. He says it looks smooth though.

I just tried it in my laptop and runs at 32 fps, constant, with everything maxed out. Specs:

Intel Core2Quad Extreme @ 2.8Ghz
Nvidia 9800m GTS 1024mb
2x2048mb
1680x1050

Feels like 60fps (this happens in a lot of games, I wonder if Fraps is measeuring wrong ) No lag or stuttering problems so far

About the game, looks like Dirt 2, not real but not extremely arcade. The difference is that keyboard is not that good for a race track game where you must be as accurate as you can, but seems to be playable. I'll give it a go in my desktop with the G25 tonight
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from The Moose :Ohh FFS, what is wrong with you? Your penis wont shrink if you play a slightly more arcade based game you know.

Of course not, but I'm not feeling like playing one. I've tried F1 2010 because it was said to be "awesome".
Quote from The Moose :At least no one can call me elitist now I've sunk below the 'standard' that the true hardcore racers like you have set

I am not a harcore racer, I'm slow and fail a lot. The thing I wanted to say is that once you play sims like LFS or iRacing, why would you play arcade games? (like once you have a Ferrari, you won't buy a Kia.) That's what I meant "standards". Propably it's due to my crazy personality...
Quote from The Moose :
I'm not sure how you know its so poor when you deleted it after 10 mins

A few laps are enough to check the physics. Also, I don't care about eye catchy graphics, only physics.

I did not want to look like an egoist bastard, I'm the 94735th no one here. Reading your post though, it seems like I managed to look like one.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :My goodness, the last part of this thread makes me want to delete LFSforum from my bookmarks and log out for good.

Laters.

****ing A brother.

I seriously wonder why I am still here, its certainly not for the enlightening intellectual conversation, and considering I haven't played LFS in a dogs age......

And Ant, you are indicative of all thats bad with this community, so much hate and bile.
As long as the cars handle in a consistent and enjoyable manner I get the same enjoyment from an arcade racing game as I do from LFS. On the face of it they offer the same thing, the ability to maximise your skill and the cars limitations against a variety of opposition. If you want anything more than that in the sim racing community then you need to enter into organised leagues, or spend the money and get iRacing. Those things are not an option for me, my shifts at work are random, so I can't enter into leagues or pay a lot of money for something I might not play for weeks. F1 2010 offers the opportunity to have a career mode, where you work your way up the grid and get rewarded for winning races or performing well, and it requires no extra effort on your part to do it.

How realistic the physics are only becomes an issue for me when a game claims to be a simulation when it's clearly an arcade game. Otherwise it's just what comes naturally, for example it took me longer to get to grips with PGR than LFS, because LFS made sense to me, it was based on real world physics so the cars did things I was expecting. So whilst in PGR I can be 3 or 4 seconds off the best laps, in LFS I usually get to within half a second of the WR on most combinations.
Okay so we could drag this on for 2 pages, or we could just drop it. People whine about the game, then people whine about the whiners, then if you want everyone to shutup you gotta whine about their whining. It's ridiculous!
I'm guessing this would be most fun played on keyboard (no elitism here). Honestly, Codemasters games were always great and made sense with keyboard, at least the CMR series.
Quote from PMD9409 :Okay so we could drag this on for 2 pages, or we could just drop it. People whine about the game, then people whine about the whiners, then if you want everyone to shutup you gotta whine about their whining. It's ridiculous!

Irony much?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ahem...

I was refering to people getting excited, danowat was reffering to the game being exciting. two different things. Although i did use the word & totaly forgot which you spotted.

Back to the topic i agree with astra this forum has just gone to s*%t i posted my opinion & got attacked. No discussion, no reasons, just plain abuse. Why cant people just discuss their views without going all phsyco fanboy on us!!.

Donowat take a long hard look in the mirror m8, hypocrite doesnt quite cover you. You refer to intelligent conversation yet come out with s**t like
Quote :something that isnt hardcore & ppffftt

Did i even mention hardcore? Oh no, where is all the hate & bile coming from Dano? You seem to fit the above description of abusive fanboys so its coming from you.
Reading your other posts in other threads, and you commenting about "psycho fanboy-ism", its quite clear that you have a great understanding of the word hypocrite!!!!

Posting your opinion is fine, however, posting an opinion in a vain attempt to insight reaction is a bit purile, if you had no interest in F1 2010, why even bother posting?, mind you, the same thing happened in the iRacing thread didn't it?.

So it would seem the common denominator is you?

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG