The online racing simulator
Here is the patch with updated physics: Patch
Yeah, we all laughed.
Quote from LFS_Adam :Here is the patch with updated physics: Patch

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ow, it's just Net Kar NotPro
Quote from Degats :Ah, the black art of diffs.

Locked diff - not good, but not too bad providing you don't want to go round tight corners and don't mind more wear. Typically fastest in LFS for very few laps.

Open diff - bad (the problem with the Vectra in the video a few posts back)

Viscous diff - simple, but not brilliant.

Clutch pack - the best LFS has, providing the settings are right. Getting said right settings is a pain. Commonly used as the centre diff in 4wd and drift cars.

Helical diff - (ie Quaife, the one used in the Focus RS) ideal mechanical racing diff as it gives the most torque to the wheel with the most grip. Unfortunately not (yet?) available in LFS.

Ok to shorten it:

Locked Diff - Go for it, its fast its reliable, even for endurance races.

open diff - no

viscous diff - no

clutch pack - Go for it, good when using high values, e.g. 60/80/600. Good for Endurances races (depends on combo which one is better, locked o lsd).

If your setup is crap, your differential wont help you.
Seems like it's right time to go out with patch, when even Duke Nukem Forever went out today ;-)

Hehe
Quote from Michalxo :Seems like it's right time to go out with patch, when even Duke Nukem Forever went out today ;-)

Hehe

was about to say the same
atleast now we know how long forever takes...
Duke Nukem Forever is predicted for 2011 so it seems like we are going to have a nice race between LFS and DNF Can't wait for both. I spent many hours with Duke Nukem Time to Kill at PSX, great game. 10 years have passed and I still remember some parts of the maps like I would play it yesterday :hypnotize
Quote from Amynue :we are going to have a nice race between LFS and DNF

The latter isn't going to finish it I guess.

:hide:

Lamest-joke-ever
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :The latter isn't going to finish it I guess.

:hide:

Brillant. :hide:

No seriously, I lied.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :.
Never say never, but you know, maybe the developer's shining example is Duke Nukem: Forever. And with Forever, they really meant forever(in development!).

I made the joke earlier already...

Always when I see a Scirocco(like today), I have to think of LFS and this thread.

I wonder what's the handling gonna be like. From behind, the car has a rather wide and impressive... errr... uhm... well...backside?

But the front looks badass.
Quote from Amynue :Duke Nukem Forever is predicted for 2011 so it seems like we are going to have a nice race between LFS and DNF

You're forgetting our third contender, Half-Life 2: Episode Three, which is unfortunately lagging behind with the only evidence of its existence being some concept art from early 2008.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :I made the joke earlier already...

Always when I see a Scirocco(like today), I have to think of LFS and this thread.

I wonder what's the handling gonna be like. From behind, the car has a rather wide and impressive... errr... uhm... well...backside?

But the front looks badass.

You are granted permission to say sexual things about the car we drool about at night

But, I bet you that car will have over steer, It's gonna probably be used as a drift car and then all the drift kids who think FWD cannot drift are going to eat dirty socks from the gu- I'm going to far.
Quote from ChiliFan :You're forgetting our third contender, Half-Life 2: Episode Three

I really did. Haven't heard anything about this one since Episode Two was released. Would be nice if it could come tohether with Portal 2. All what Valve does is WIN.
Gabe said that Valve is planning 3 huge surprises for this year, or next(not sure)
Quote from bunder9999 :i wonder if front camber would help a little.

this is a whole debate within lfs itself. everyone says locked diff is supposed to be slower in theory, but in lfs it's unrealistically better.

I dunno as I haven't really driven the FXO much. How about trying some toe-out on the rear tyres?
Quote from Amynue :Duke Nukem Forever is predicted for 2011 so it seems like we are going to have a nice race between LFS and DNF Can't wait for both. I spent many hours with Duke Nukem Time to Kill at PSX, great game. 10 years have passed and I still remember some parts of the maps like I would play it yesterday :hypnotize

Hmm... I never noticed Duke Nukem Forever was abbreviated like Did Not Finish... lol
Duke Nukem Forever.. wont happen..
You see, Duke Nukem Forever = DNF = Did Not Finish...

someone slap me.

EDIT damn jrs...
Quote from Amynue :Duke Nukem Forever is predicted for 2011 so it seems like we are going to have a nice race between LFS and DNF Can't wait for both. I spent many hours with Duke Nukem Time to Kill at PSX, great game. 10 years have passed and I still remember some parts of the maps like I would play it yesterday :hypnotize

You mean you didn't play the game on pc in 1996... ? Omg you lost 1st person shooter history! It was 100 times better on pc....with 1000 total conversions...

Well actually there were better games at that time and even years before....

In 1991 looking glass was working on a 3d rpg called ultima underword.It was 2.5d with textured walls,floors and ceilings and had a lot of story and hundreds of npc's to interact with.John Carmack saw this game in a game
show and locked himself for 6 months and made wolf 3d...(But the worlds real first 3d shooter was by looking glass....)
In 1994 looking glass (the company was closed in 2000 and some employes formed irrational games and some worked in ion storm ) released a game called system shock.I was the first 3d shooter were you could lean left and right ,had mouse support,had full svga graphics ,full voice overs,a complex interface,huge interconnected world and full motion fmv....And no pc could play it too...
Strife in 1995 was a doom clone(on doom engine! ) with a great story and open world.
Also an incredible other game was cybermage darklight awakening.It literraly started like shit&^% and then in the middle of the game as by miracle you arrived in a huge open blade runner style city with hundreds of npc's,police patrols and an incredible story and i was like...why they didn't remove the crap&^* in the first half...Sadly noone exept reviewers played the game to reach that staggering part....
Also don't forget Tekwar a nice game with an open world based on shatners tekwar and build with the build duke nukem's engine....

And in 1996 we had quake -the first full 3d shooter,Looking glass mind boggling Terranova-Strike Force Centauri....( A game since then wish someone remakes it...Irrational made a spiritual succesor -Tribes Vengeance-an incredible game by itself but it was based on a completely different story ) and last but not least Duke nukem...As single player was ok...but i still remember the fun i had over lan and modem play...
@bash0r - It's Dolan Duck!!!
of course its unkle dolan
Don't forget system shock 2

AMAZING game even today
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Don't forget system shock 2

AMAZING game even today

It is implied ! (There are some hd texture and model updates too ! )

Also don't forget other amazing games made by these people like deus ex (There is a dx9-10 render update,there are more complex maps updates,hd textures,an hdr plugin-enbseries and even some hd models.... )
i played the original deus ex at least 3 times and i am thinking replaying it as it looks fantastic with the updates...)

And ofcourse we have the thief series with my favourite being 3 deadly shadows.

Tribes Vengeance was nice too with a great story.(I just wish the someday make a terranova remake as irrational has the only remaining people that made that game.

And don't forget Bioshock...and Anachronox and last but not least....the current UFO remake ! (Its made with another company as the main devs but many people from irrational (ex looking glass stuff) are working with them and helping them.
racing tyres R4 with new physics = perfect handling ,better lap time
make it for all the cars
First buy the game
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG