The online racing simulator
Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
Rockclan, your PM's dont make you cool

If you know something why wont you share us this knowledge of yours :o
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan
this forum is turning into a trash bin. Just look at the rubbish in here.

Thread Title = Rockingham!

Here's a question. Why dont the devs want us to know about thier promotional exploits?
Quote from anttt69 :this forum is turning into a trash bin. Just look at the rubbish in here.

Thread Title = Rockingham!

Here's a question. Why dont the devs want us to know about thier promotional exploits?

The physics one is even worse.
Quote from Funnybear :I'd hate to think how much recoding has to be done if Scawen is remodelling the tyre physics. Because whilst on paper just giving the tyre physics an overhaul sounds like a good idea at the time that then impacts on the car handling physics. How it behaves under load, braking, longitudinal, acceleration, positive G, negative G, burn out's, longevity of setups, sprint characturistics, enduro degredation, Slip angles, tyre pressures, downforce, oh my god, double downforce. What does it all mean, somebody help me.

Good things come to those that wait. And those who can't wait, learn to program. Then by the time you've learnt to just get up to ISI engine level, you might realise just how much work is needed for a 'true' simulator to work properly. Ease of with the flames. It's not like your next breath depends on it.

Yes because ISI's rfactor is so realisitc. With all aids off I can use stock car default set and not even brake on the short oval with stock cars. And that is ONE SMALL OVAL. It is like richmond, which required braking. Rfactor isnt as good as you people say.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes because ISI's rfactor is so realisitc..

:thumbsdow

I tried to improve the kart mod, so I have a real kart (shifter kart with 42bhp) and I saw that all kart mods are based on the first one, and when I try to modify it to put real data and meassurements I saw that was impossible. The car needs to be weigth miniun 400kg or will fly over the track and down to infinite... Also if you put 400kg for a kart (that weigth 160kg with pilot) need to put more horse power. The grip is too much exagerated for the default tyres, I changed it, but it is impossible to "drift" a car with 400kg in rFactor, I tried a lot of grip curves for the tyres, I tried to make my own, and never, never I felt like a real kart.

So I abandone the project, the ISI's rfactor is sh*t

The nearest feeling on a computer game/simulator with my kart is in LFS, it is a mix between F08 and LX6 in a little layout of South City track, but without the "goam" feeling of LFS, more nervous

On topic. Today I was test this layout (the Rockingham layout on the photo) and it is great for drift. In rFactor are a lot of layouts, will be all in LFS?
Quote from Napalm Candy :

On topic. Today I was test this layout (the Rockingham layout on the photo) and it is great for drift. In rFactor are a lot of layouts, will be all in LFS?

[Cheezewithwine] Does that mean you tested it?!? Where do you get this test kids and super VIP people can play?! I want to play! Where is my testing!!! [/Cheezewithwine]
Quote from TehPaws3D :[Cheezewithwine] Does that mean you tested it?!? Where do you get this test kids and super VIP people can play?! I want to play! Where is my testing!!! [/Cheezewithwine]

It's okay to make fun of someone's English when they come from one of the following countries (in no particular order):

- United States
- Canada
- United Kingdom
- Ireland
- Australia

Others don't deserve it. Stop being a dick.
And use Verdana FFS!
Quote from Napalm Candy :

Not sure about it, but there should be like 5 layouts IIRC.
Quote from Forbin :It's okay to make fun of someone's English when they come from one of the following countries (in no particular order):

- United States
- Canada
- United Kingdom
- Ireland
- Australia

I never abused his english, It's very good, I didn't say anything about his english?? I just wanted to know if he tested it and if so how did he test it, I've never made fun of anyone and don't plan to start now. If you're talking about the text I happened to highlight, I never ment it as "OLOLOLO LOOK AT THIS CHAPS ENGLISH LOL!" I'll un-highlight it then, As I ment no harm.
ello govena!
Quote from TehPaws3D :I never abused his english.....

Hiya mate, would you please do me a favour and use normal text? I know you don't have to and it is your right to use any font you like, but..

I like reading your posts, but it really is a hassle due to the font... It would be really nice if you could consider the wishes of everyone who reads any of your posts to put it in a readable format, thanks
Sorry but I also can't say anything....................
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Not sure about it, but there should be like 5 layouts IIRC.

This is all I found in LFS.exe (I'm not sure about the names, they were all in one line, maybe Historic Short are two layouts or they are not even going to be in Rockingham)
Motorcycle
Sportscar
Lake
Handling
International Long
Historic Short
International Super Sportscar

Quote from Forbin :It's okay to make fun of someone's English when they come from one of the following countries (in no particular order):

- United States
- Canada
- United Kingdom
- Ireland
- Australia

Quote from TehPaws3D :I never abused his english, It's very good, I didn't say anything about his english?? I just wanted to know if he tested it and if so how did he test it, I've never made fun of anyone and don't plan to start now. If you're talking about the text I happened to highlight, I never ment it as "OLOLOLO LOOK AT THIS CHAPS ENGLISH LOL!" I'll un-highlight it then, As I ment no harm.

Since you are from the US, I think it is fair to say that you spelt "ment" wrong; it is spelt "meant". And at the same time, you have run-on sentences. Laugh out loud, I am joking. It is retarded to have perfect grammar on forums. I believe that understandable and legible language is sufficient.
Quote from Flame CZE :This is all I found in LFS.exe (I'm not sure about the names, they were all in one line, maybe Historic Short are two layouts or they are not even going to be in Rockingham)
Motorcycle[URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamSportscar.html"]
[/URL] [B][URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamSportscar.html"]Sportscar[/URL][URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamLake.html"]
Lake[/URL][URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamHandling.html"]
Handling[/URL][URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamInternatLong.html"]
International Long[/URL][/B]
Historic Short[URL="http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/racingcircuits/UnitedKingdom/England/RockinghamMotoShort.html"][B]
International Super Sports car (formally Motorcyle Short)[/B][/URL]

From http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/ ... gland/RockinghamOval.html
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
i hope all those configurations are included in lfs
@up

Victor confirmed just after the news about Rockingham was released that we'll have all the configurations included except the rally stage
oh cool
i have missed that part
Quote from ZiemO :@up

Victor confirmed just after the news about Rockingham was released that we'll have all the configurations included...

Happy...

Quote from ZiemO :...except the rally stage

Sad
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes because ISI's rfactor is so realisitc. With all aids off I can use stock car default set and not even brake on the short oval with stock cars. And that is ONE SMALL OVAL. It is like richmond, which required braking. Rfactor isnt as good as you people say.

Rfactor is like a duck...
duck is the only animal that can walk, swim and fly... but he sucks in every situation.. he never will walk fast as a human, swim like a fish, or fly? like an eagle..... so this game have too many features for too low money, ended up being a bad game in every aspect
Quote from Becky Rose :At least until we get the Rally Pack

True that

Waaait for it, it's
RALLYPACK!!

Joke aside, I hope in the future the rally stage is included to, or some sort of more rallycross circuts.
Quote from ZiemO :except the rally stage

I don't think this is due to the devs wanting to make everyone sad and neglect rallycross, I just don't think it was covered in the laser scanning data, and they didn't want to have the rest of it real and then make that part up.
Quote from Inouva :Rfactor is like a duck...
duck is the only animal that can walk, swim and fly... but he sucks in every situation.. he never will walk fast as a human, swim like a fish, or fly? like an eagle..... so this game have too many features for too low money, ended up being a bad game in every aspect

but a duck can go the long distances required to survive

Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG