The online racing simulator
Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
Quote from Inouva :
duck is the only animal that can walk, swim and fly.

what about swans etc ?
flying monkeys with swimming aids?
Quote from dadge :but a duck can go the long distances required to survive

:iagree: I got the FFB settings bearable on rFactor, and TBH, it was enjoyable; it felt sweet and fresh at the least. Realistically, I won't play it for too long, but its diversity won't keep me bored, and I will always find something to do.
i love the AE86 @ Laguna Seca. or even AE86@ norschlodisasodjosidnfe. it rocks. i whimp out and use auto clutch. but hammering the h-shifter is so much fun. leds on the g27 work straight away too which is nice.
Quote from dadge :i love the AE86 @ Laguna Seca. or even AE86@ norschlodisasodjosidnfe. it rocks. i whimp out and use auto clutch. but hammering the h-shifter is so much fun. leds on the g27 work straight away too which is nice.

You know, I swear that was german for "Nuernbergring Nürschliefe"

I'm sorry, I don't know anything :haha: Way past my bed time..

But i only tried one race on R factor, When you can take a corner full speed and be like HAHAHHA And go up on two wheels ( Eg: My blackwood skillz) And actually pass a car ON TWO WHEELS... You just know that game is 5 notches below NFS 1...
I will forgive you all that you can't write it properly like this:

Nürburgring Nordschleife(There was a Südschleife or Südkehre too(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%BCdschleife), starting around the place of start/finish and where the Dunlop Hairpin is, it wasn't too short either, over 7.5 kms)

And it depends, which car(mod) and which track you drive. Not every mod is great...

Ok. End/.

Will Rockingham be 1:1 in proportions in the game? I heard it's smaller than it should be
Of course it's not 1:1, it fits in your PC doesn't it.

Seriously tho, it was just a badly photoshoped picture that rolled on that joke (FZR on Rock).
Quote from BlackEye :Of course it's not 1:1, it fits in your PC doesn't it.

Seriously tho, it was just a badly photoshoped picture that rolled on that joke (FZR on Rock).

Sure! I just mean it proportionally.

Track width and the number of cars that can go x-wide on certain parts of the track.

For example, if 3 cars(Formula cars like FBMW) can go alongside each other on a straight, there should also 3 cars(FBM) be able to run alongside in LFS.

Good to know
What type of scale would you call that.. Real but smaller? Sorta sounds like a mousetrapped size track.. I don't see why scaling is even a problem, you could bend westhill into any rockingham configuation (Okay.. Most.) And then extra details are no problem, Hell, you could even bend FE black into 2 of rockingham's configurations.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Sure! I just mean it proportionally.

Track width and the number of cars that can go x-wide on certain parts of the track.

For example, if 3 cars(Formula cars like FBMW) can go alongside each other on a straight, there should also 3 cars(FBM) be able to run alongside in LFS.

Good to know

That was a joke.
You can model 1:1 just fine.

Since it's laser scanned, you should be able to put as many cars alongside as you would in real life.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :

Will Rockingham be 1:1 in proportions in the game? I heard it's smaller than it should be

it is 1:1 , laser scan will always be 1:1 , but the Sim first needs to be realistic before you can say its 1 : 1, isn't that where we are waiting for.

i think that scawen and victor made pretty clear that lfs was not realistic enough, so they had to make a better (tyre) physics engine, to make it closer to real life.

dont get me wrong. but before now you cold not compare lfs to real life ( 1 : 1 ). now you can with sirocco / rockingham. in this way the must have found some in-correct part off the Sim. ( it will never be 100% realistic but as close as you can get )
the model of the track can be 1:1 and still be scaled wrong..

just becouse its 1:1 dosent mean that it fits the lfs scale..

the devs still need to scale it to fit..

(maybe a uselss post but just wanted to say.. lol..)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I email my boss about 30 times a day.

What does that mean?

You have an affair with your boss!?
-
(Maniek007) DELETED by Maniek007
-
(John5200) DELETED by John5200
Edit: Joking Maniek, don't be offended sorry
-
-
Eh i deleted videos. People, pls any normal opinions?

Btw. For me, this patch can never go out. I don't care. It will be good to upgrade S2 to S3, or just upgrade lfs, but for now i don't care.
I heard Rockingham will be 1:1.00000000000000000001

so the dev's lied about being accurate to the 100th %.
Rockingham is going to be in LFS... wow.

Meh, wish it had been Cadwell
thats sound like it will be funnnnn.....
Thanks for the info
By the way, Rockingham has 36 pit garages, which would be the S3 price if we counted it logically Also, the devs could increase max. number of cars to 36 then.
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way, Rockingham has 36 pit garages, which would be the S3 price if we counted it logically Also, the devs could increase max. number of cars to 36 then.

That would be a lot of fun
There are 47 slots server, why not make the game support 40+ car fields?

Random servers - NO, leagues and serious servers - YES!
Ah, it seems that it will have only 30 slots, according to the positions column (on the right).
Some time ago, I PM'ed Victor if they are going to extend max_number of cars on track. Answer was no, definitely not now.
Damn

Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG