The online racing simulator
Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
So the rockingham track with lfs is like available to play for everyone who visits the track? I tought it was some sort of beta thing. Like some people have been invited to the event and stuff. Hmm.
Quote from hazaky :So the rockingham track with lfs is like available to play for everyone who visits the track? I tought it was some sort of beta thing. Like some people have been invited to the event and stuff. Hmm.

i don't know, but people who were there took videos and posted them here before there was an official announcement.

edit: thanks for opening an old wound, i felt slighted by that.
Quote from hazaky :So the rockingham track with lfs is like available to play for everyone who visits the track? I tought it was some sort of beta thing. Like some people have been invited to the event and stuff. Hmm.

Nope. You can visit Rockingham and play it.

Meanwhile, real LFS players/fans have onle seen pictures of it.

Sounds great.

Dont be hatin/taking seriously. Just joking...
Quote from Bmxtwins :The guy to the left looks like an idiot, first gear in FOX LOL. on a pretty wide turn..

you can clearly see he is going 0 mph.
This thread is going to be closed soon... imo..
Nice fiction shots though
Quote from DevilDare :Looks like he is spinning out/recovering from spin.

or he is spinning because he went to first gear, that's what I thought.

Wish we could get a beta of rockingham, tbh. Maybe just one layout, they release it to the real track but not to us :/. Even if they released an unfinished poorly textured track with no shadow's i'd be happy. Just to see what we thought of it in general. Since we are their community and money income and are (probably) better drivers than people who go to the track and dont own LFS, wouldnt OUR input be of more value?
Quote from e.M :i dont get why fox, why not fbm or other real car

Sorry for double post but...
Probably FOX because it's based on a Formula Renault 2.0 which races (although a newer version) at Rockingham alongside BTCC.
Also imo FOX is the most driver friendly, fast car.
So, the track is completed? or is a pre-release of the track?

I hear that dev take 1 or 2 years to make the track...
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
-
(IMOL) DELETED by IMOL
Quote from Inouva :So, the track is completed? or is a pre-release of the track?

I hear that dev take 1 or 2 years to make the track...

The track was already playable last year...

Its nothing new. Just some new shots...
I'm going to UK and I have a pendrive. Rockingham is coming soon.
I may need to make a visit back there, Wouldn't mind another go.
Mmmmmmmmm......................................

Better to save money for s3
Quote from Inouva :Mmmmmmmmm....................................

That's what a bedroom is for, So you don't start orgasming on a public forum! My 12 year old reads this and what is this! I don't even!

But, Yeah, I sorta caught some drool myself looking at those pictures.
Quote from TehPaws3D :

That's what a bedroom is for, So you don't start orgasming on a public forum! My 12 year old reads this and what is this! I don't even!

When i was 12, i knew what orgasm was.

Quote from TehPaws3D :

-
(John5200) DELETED by John5200
These pictures do not make any impression on me.

One I can not understand, LFS community who helps create LFS does not have access to Rockingham but people on a real track can use it?

Seems to me that something is wrong.

Quote from ponczak :I'm going to UK and I have a pendrive. Rockingham is coming soon.

Your flash drive will be useless in jail.
Quote from adamshl :One I can not understand, LFS community who helps create LFS does not have access to Rockingham but people on a real track can use it?

it would have been a complete secret to us, if it wasn't for someone leaking some videos and pictures... someone forced scawen to spill the beans.

i agree, it sucks, and i might reconsider (at least initially) upgrading to s3 because of it. but to each their own.
Quote from adamshl :These pictures do not make any impression on me.

One I can not understand, LFS community who helps create LFS does not have access to Rockingham but people on a real track can use it?

Seems to me that something is wrong.

Your flash drive will be useless in jail.

I agree. Seriously Eric, just release the "preview" version public. I don't care if I'll play a version with shadow bugs, some missing textures or small invisible wall, or even pay another 12 pounds for S3 to play it.

I wouldn't be suprised if someone leaked the versison in the screens for real.
Quote from adamshl :One I can not understand, LFS community who helps create LFS does not have access to Rockingham but people on a real track can use it?

Maybe it was part of the agreement (I know they got permission: http://www.lfs.net/?page=rockingham, there might be conditions?) between Scavier and the Rockingham Management, for them to have this "preview" until RO in LFS is officially released...

ALOT was discussed/assumed/mentioned in the "Rockingham coming to LFS" thread. Maybe its mentioned in there somewhere...

I, however, thought that preview was only for the BTCC event last year? Can anyone just drop by (on race days) and pay whatever and have some game time? [Hello? People near Rockingham?]
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Devildare had answered my question earlier! Sorry!
Quote from kimd41 : or even pay another 12 pounds for S3 to play it.

Right. Let's look at this from a logical point of view...

Demo - 1 track, many variations. 3 cars.
S1 - 4 tracks, many variations, 6 cars.
S2 - 7 tracks, many variations, 11 cars.
S3 - 8 tracks, many variations, 11 or 12 cars.

You are proposing people pay another £12, to get one track and possibly but unlikely another car?

Maybe if they produced another 2 tracks. Then went from 11 cars, to 15. Then S3 would be about ready for a release. Trouble is, they've got most car classes covered.
Quote from azasmith14 :
You are proposing people pay another £12, to get one track and possibly but unlikely another car?

Maybe if they produced another 2 tracks. Then went from 11 cars, to 15. Then S3 would be about ready for a release. Trouble is, they've got most car classes covered.

Its a matter of personal opinion/spending. If people are content with S1, they dont need to shell out £12 for S2. Same goes for S3; if someone dont want to pay [enter amount here] for S3 and its "one track" (lets just say we only get RO for S3, regardless of future updates) - people dont need to buy it. No one is forcing it on them...

So far LFS has been worth the £24 several times over. I'm looking forward to buy S3 and its "one track and alleged one car" when the devs release it
I might go there - only a few miles from my house .
#50 - PoVo
Quote from shaun463 :I might go there - only a few miles from my house .

Don't bring a flash drive, just knick the whole rig

Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG