The online racing simulator
Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
Quote from Mr_Lonely :the model of the track can be 1:1 and still be scaled wrong..

just becouse its 1:1 dosent mean that it fits the lfs scale..

the devs still need to scale it to fit..

(maybe a uselss post but just wanted to say.. lol..)

Well I would guess that they would make it 1:1 scale with LFS. As long as the track is modelled in a 1:1 proportion to the cars in lfs then it will be fine. While in reality the virtual track could be twice the size (as long as the cars are also twice the size) it makes no difference.
Why would it be smaller if it is laserscanned? The idea of that is to get it 1:1 till in fine details.
Quote from The Very End :That would be a lot of fun
There are 47 slots server, why not make the game support 40+ car fields?

Random servers - NO, leagues and serious servers - YES!

It's of course a good idea and worth a try, but I just can't imagine the lagfest on starts.
Quote from Mysho :It's of course a good idea and worth a try, but I just can't imagine the lagfest on starts.

If everyone has a normal computer + normal internet, it should be ok. Problem is that someone sitting on 10 years old computers, dial up and mobile internett - beliving there will be no lag..

Just think of the epic fun of 47 cars on FE6
Hlaf the tracks don't have the room for 32+ cars, it was around Dec 2007 when we had the last update which involved blackwood/south city to be revamped so it supported a higher grid size.
Quote from The Very End :If everyone has a normal computer + normal internet, it should be ok. Problem is that someone sitting on 10 years old computers, dial up and mobile internett - beliving there will be no lag..

Just think of the epic fun of 47 cars on FE6

56k bro, It's amazing, Right?

But no =P I'm rocking 6 GB up and down atm Couldn't live through 32+ grid without it.. and I still don't..

Rockingham
(206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG