The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :. Personally I have found when testing for example an LX car around South City Chicase route, more excitement with the version I have, even got kind of hot and sweaty a few times just driving one car in practice mode as I started to drive several laps for no real reason. Getting hot and sweaty isn't necessarily a good thing in itself... But I took it as a good sign.

now i want new tyres even more, oh the agony
Quote from dawesdust_12 :beer and cake...

Make sure it's purchased over there since we don't make anything worth drinking here...

but... why on Earth would you mix it with cake?!:vomit:
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Make sure it's purchased over there since we don't make anything worth drinking here...

Cake for his children/wife.. beer for him! I'd bring a coffee for myself as I'm underage (here at least )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm just gonna turn up around his place with beer and cake.. hope that's a good enough bribe.

youre probably the last guy scawen (or any other father for that matter) would want to have near their children
I just realized something !!! We dont have updates yet because Scawen is playing with the fun LFS all day long

Anyway,i am waiting for that new lfs badly !
Quote from Shotglass :youre probably the last guy scawen (or any other father for that matter) would want to have near their children

I'm pretty sure there's a big difference between most people on the internet, and how they are in person. I'm sure people who have attended the LFS Karting meets would testify to that.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm pretty sure there's a big difference between most people on the internet, and how they are in person. I'm sure people who have attended the LFS Karting meets would testify to that.

thats a VERY good point....
the only real difference is that people have nuts in real life that you can kick if theyre being twats (and that applies to absolutely everyone since there are no girls on the internet)

however im not sure if thats the correct use of the word testi-fy
Quote from e2mustang :I just realized something !!! We dont have updates yet because Scawen is playing with the fun LFS all day long

Its worst! Playing all day LFS and write forum posts every single day

Keep up the good work Scawen, im sure the new tyre mode is awesome
erm, off topic?
how would kicking someone in the nuts make you any less a twat? i've found that it's the people who offer physical violence as a means to settle their internet differences are actually the ones who are the biggest .........i'm looking for a word, it rhymes with fussy.
nothing personal, it's the internet.
That word doesn't rhyme with the way "fussy" is pronounced btw...
It does in Ireland
Great to see even Scawen posting such sings.

Scawen, did you look a page back about my tire tread question?
Quote from Scawen :It does in Ireland

it's great to see you on the forums dude.
have a good one bud!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Make sure it's purchased over there since we don't make anything worth drinking here...

Then you have never tried molson canadian i guess.
Just kidding... i agree....at least it's better than american beer though.

sorry back on topic
I am glad coding physic still lights on your passion (to Scawen). My main fear was that progress stoped and you got bored.
So far LFS brought me the best sensation I have ever had on a simulator. To be honnest earliest built rocked (I mean brought me pleasure near real life) on FWD and latest on RWD.
I am confident the next step will rock when it is done.
Keep up Scawen.
Quote from Bose321 :Scawen, did you look a page back about my tire tread question?

He would of but i am guessing Scawen does not want to answer every question which is aimed towards he because then eveyone will start asking him the most stupid question, just be grateful he has not unsubscribed from this thread and still answers what he feels is reasonable.
i really love reading his posts...even if they are TOTAL spam, it just brightens my mood
Quote from logitekg25 :i really love reading his posts...even if they are TOTAL spam, it just brightens my mood

like your all posts?
I havent followed LFS forum for more than a year now and i can see that nothing has changed since then. Too bad.
First of all - Busta 4TW,

second. He is right, goddamnit.
I really hope that patch would fix few errors:

BMW Sauber F1.06 doesn't have slicks btw @ year of 2006

Tyre names should be a bit improved like in road cars: @ now there is tyres called Soft - Normal - Hybrid - Mud | I think there would be better:

Super Soft - Soft - Default - Gravel R1 - Gravel R2
(Snow R1/R2 as future?)

Tyre surface options but not important
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I really hope that patch would fix few errors:

BMW Sauber F1.06 doesn't have slicks btw @ year of 2006

You must have other textures, because sock textures have grooves.
Quote from Bose321 :You must have other textures, because sock textures have grooves.

I think he means that even if the tires are slicks with grooves on the texture, the tyre physics are the same as the GTRs that are full slicks.
but he should understand that the tyres will perform the same even if he had a road tyre texture. the physics have not been changed so they will handle the same no matter what texture is used.
also, that model of the BF1 used grooved tyres so even though the car is now outdated, it's still an accurate representation of the 2006 bf1.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG