The online racing simulator
Quote from G!NhO :CoolColJ

Do you work for Sony or something...?

LOL, I was thinking just the same.

if you do, give us a demo!
I wish

I'm a freelance Mastering Engineer and I do deliveries on the side
preordered gt5!!! YAY
Quote :Polyphony Digital is giving gamers the chance to have their name immortalised in the credits of Gran Turismo 5.

The developer is reportedly runnnig a competition whereby fans can suggest a name for the official in-game GT5 song.

If Polyphony boss Kazunori Yamauchi likes their suggestion, he'll stick their name in credits.

According to a post on NEOGAF:

The name of the person who submitted the suggestion for the final track title name that is selected, will be included in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits in "Gran Turismo 5".

To send your suggestions:
Please send the following information to the email address noted below.

E-mail Subject: GT5 Music Track Title

1. Music Title (English only. Please limit to 1 title per person.)
2. Your name or nickname (Alphabetical characters only)
3. Your country of residence
4. Descriptive comment regarding the music track (English only, in 150 words or less)

*Submitted suggestions that do not meet the above format will not be selected.
*Suggestions are limited to one per person.

Deadline:
July 25, 2010 11:59 PM (PST)

Result Announcement:
We will be announcing the selected title suggestion within 2 weeks from the final date above.

Judging:
Judging will be performed by "Gran Turismo" series producer, Kazunori Yamauchi.

The email address you'll want is:

gtcom-song2010-jp@polyphony.co.jp

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255233
I'll send something from Justin Bieber..
what's missing in that letter is that the song is already produced, and used in one of the trailers. One just has to find a name for it.

Some people from GTPlanet want to do it the Anonymous-way, and exploit a rule set by Yamauchi, that says incase the chosen title is send in by multiple people, all of them get their name in the credits. They may do an forum intern voting on a name and then let the members send it in on their own.
They'll be taking a leaf out of Turn 10's book then, expect packs of maybe 10-20 cars upgraded (or new) from standard to premium as DLC for $$'s
"Not only do the looks of the car change when damaged, an advanced physics simulation helps faithfully recreate how damage is taken and its resulting effect. By doing so, Gran Turismo 5 successfully recreates real-life added tension and challenge that comes from driving on the edge."

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247p4.html
i hoping for mechanical stress!!!!!
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
booked my LE

cant wait now tbh
Sooo.... any news on the UK collector's edition?
ill preorder this with a slimline ps3 and playstation move
for the people that were wanting instability under brakes - your wish has become reality
Though that is to be expected being a mid engined car

http://www.4news.it/gran-turis ... ial-magazine-francese.php

Third paragraph

Quote :More accurate driving.
In his previous conventions, Kaz has repeated that driving in GT5 will be different from GT5P. After several hours of driving with a steering wheel, the differences are not that obvious, though one has to admit that some cars have their own temper. The Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 is very difficult to control while breaking. You have to hold on a perfect racing line, or else you lose the back of the car. The NASCAR “monsters” are very particular: they’re very easy to drive on their favorite ground, the ovals. However, on a sinuous track, you’ll have to be careful with the gas pedal. In a fast curve, such as the one from the urban track of Tokyo, at 160 kph, even if you feel like you have maximum stability, you can lose the car at any moment if you go flat out. Concentration is the key, even more so with rally cars. It’s hard as hell! WRC cars are the most difficult to handle. Driving Sebastien Loeb’s C4, you constantly feel like you’re walking on eggshells. Steering out-and-in to get the car into hairpin curves requires a lot of skills. Contrarily to asphalt racing, it is very difficult to gauge the level of grip. On the opposite side, driving the Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R is bliss! This car, from Japanese Super GT championship, gives a driving experience that shows the true potential of GT5, being technical and precise. On the Nurburgring, only a few corners are enough to convince you that the new addition to the GT series takes driving to a higher level. You pass one corner after another flat-out, and on the end of the straight, you jump on the brakes, shift down, the front-end remains stable, and the cars gets into the curve with an amazing accuracy. Exiting the curve, you carefully push the throttle, before going flat-out in the following straight. And here we go again! The engine revs up quickly, shifting up, and you’re already at 220 kph. That’s how you get immersed into racing in the matter of minutes. Everything flows so quickly, your movements become automatic; you become one with the car. Very few games can make you feel such feelings, and GT5 delivers.

Dayyummm!

I just cant wait. I also have to get a PS3 from somewhere just to play GT5. Ive played GT series from the very first one tho, i cant miss this one.
Wow! That seriously sounds promising. I cannot wait for GT5.
Quote :In a fast curve, such as the one from the urban track of Tokyo, at 160 kph, even if you feel like you have maximum stability, you can lose the car at any moment if you go flat out. Concentration is the key, even more so with rally cars. It’s hard as hell! WRC cars are the most difficult to handle. Driving Sebastien Loeb’s C4, you constantly feel like you’re walking on eggshells. Steering out-and-in to get the car into hairpin curves requires a lot of skills.

This doesn't sound very promising tho... it has been said before, but hard doesn't equal realistic. At least i never felt like this when driving rally cars on narrow roads in RBR.
I think he is refering to dirt roads
Yes i understand that. Should make it easier if anything IMO.
I've never driven on dirt in anger, so I can't say for sure either way, but Loeb is friends with Kaz, so he only has to ask him how it feels
Maybe Loeb is trying to make his job seem harder to those of us who haven't driven a rally car.
Some vid from a UK event

Gallardo loosing the rear end under heavy braking.
That bumper cam really needs to be changed to a proper bonnet cam so that the smoke you see makes sense
Damn the bronze Citroen GT in the vid looks nice - sweet colour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PTHADG1DU
still got some bugs though... disappearing road, objects appearing out of nowhere, etc...

i really think they're going to push it back again.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG