The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
codemasters f1 2010
so, first videos and pic are out, and it looks quite convincing. to me at least.
BUT!
laser scanned tracks are out, and handling is like forza or gran turismo said journalist who tried it.

so.....crap.
mystery is revealed - physics is arcade, officialy.
If it is made by codemasters it must have a good soundtrack and a cool menu system, just like DiRT 2.

BUT, I have never been interested in f1 games in the past. If reviewers give this game less than 8/10, it looks like I'd rather wait for GRID 2.
Great, an arcadey F1 game, with scars on broadway soundtrack, confusing menu, and the female voice calling you "Bossman" or "Speedy" all the time cause your name isn't in the list you have to chose from... NICE
Quote from squidhead :Great, an arcadey F1 game, with scars on broadway soundtrack, confusing menu, and the female voice calling you "Bossman" or "Speedy" all the time cause your name isn't in the list you have to chose from... NICE

Not to mention shitloads of bloom.
Quote from Bose321 :Not to mention shitloads of bloom.

Or the overuse of blur (which seems to be more apparent in new racing games )... seems they have just converted Dirt into an F1 game
I don't know have you seen this in videos description:
Quote :It should be noted that the game was set on "arcade" settings.

According to this, game should have both arcade and simulation mods.
#8 - garph
...lol, like 8/10 is a bad score.......anyways.

If they made a true to life F1 sim it would be a boring as hell. For the general public/pick-up races, using the BF1 as an example is not an accessible car, it's too fast, so codemasters would need to do something else.
What do you guys expect?

Why on earth would they make a game that probably less than 10% of gamers would take interest in?

IMO it looks brilliant. Loved DiRT 2, and if its anything like that physics wise, I will be more than happy.

Videos/Screens look great. Rain effects are just mind boggling. Pit animations are surreal. I seriously cannot wait for this.
Probably brilliant if you use a gamepad and are 6 years old, or if you just want to show off your new HD telly. But it isn't one a sim enthusiast will need to worry about in terms of physics.

And, if it's dumbed down enough (like every other F1 game) then it might be fun when you get back from the pub (assuming you ignore the 6 year old advice and buy it anyway for drunken shenanigans...)
just the way u see the car turn with that amount of wheel turn says enough, arcade crap.......
Quote from tristancliffe :Probably brilliant if you use a gamepad and are 6 years old, or if you just want to show off your new HD telly. But it isn't one a sim enthusiast will need to worry about in terms of physics.

And, if it's dumbed down enough (like every other F1 game) then it might be fun when you get back from the pub (assuming you ignore the 6 year old advice and buy it anyway for drunken shenanigans...)

No shit...

DiRT 2 to me was a simple time waster. Basically, a game that I play when I'm really bored and just want to sit back and enjoy some racing, without having to worry about anything else.

Thats what I expect this game to be. A nice fun game to pass time on.

Not a sim that would require me to spend days upon days to perfect a track...
in light of all this arcady physics, laser scanned tracks are in fact useless
Quote from DevilDare :DiRT 2 to me was a simple time waster. Basically, a game that I play when I'm really bored and just want to sit back and enjoy some racing, without having to worry about anything else

I found DiRT 2 really realistic.
Quote from Bose321 :I love your sarcasm. <3

Can you tell me what's so unrealistic in DiRT2? Maybe physics which are better than those NFS Shift has. It is probably comparable to LFS.
EDIT: Only without barriers.
So this is to PlayStation 3 only?
Quote from matijapkc :Can you tell me what's so unrealistic in DiRT2? Maybe physics which are better than those NFS Shift has. It is probably comparable to LFS.
EDIT: Only without barriers.

I enjoyed dirt2, we played it a lot but its not really realistic, it's a fun arcade game, and the list of things that are no realistic would be long.

If you attack one of the LFS rally tracks the same way you would in dirt2 you just understeer off and crash, damage would end the race and the jumps (which would be on the list for not realistic in dirt2) would destroy your car.

You have played LFS, right?
Quote from garph :...the jumps (which would be on the list for not realistic in dirt2) would destroy your car.

Hey, those cars are RALLY cars. RALLY means that there is lots of mud and JUMPS. Those cars have really good suspensions (better than those in LFS) and they can stand out those jumps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvs-uGwxe1Q You see, after that the car's suspension doesn't brake.
Quote from matijapkc :Hey, those cars are RALLY cars. RALLY means that there is lots of mud and JUMPS. Those cars have really good suspensions (better than those in LFS) and they can stand out those jumps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvs-uGwxe1Q You see, after that the car's suspension doesn't brake.

Rally cars are strong but there are limits, even RALLY cars are only a little bit stronger.

The car he jumped was probably toughend up a little more than normal and you have no idea what damage was done on the landing from watching the video, plus it was only 1 time, you have to do that multiple times in a dirt2 race over much rougher landings.

Dirt2 is not a simulator.
Uhm..

YOU find it realistic.

Nothing else.
the only thing realistic in dirt2 is the time it take the clock to go from 1 second to 2 seconds and so on. i wonder why they still have fury dice in the WRC.......
GRID was bloody good fun, and this seems to be GRID with F1 cars - they've actually made it look dramatic and interesting! Realistic physics should be there too, but I'll play it on GRID-like physics for the fun factor

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG