The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from anttt69 :Will you be representing england Dave in the club finals? They could use a few more quick division 1 drivers.

I've got an exam on Monday, which I desperately need to revise for, and with my internet in its current condition I'll probably time-out so I have to give it a miss.
I was in that 2nd split as well. It's amazing how close the racing gets when that many people turn out. Started 21st, made it up to 14th or so, then on lap 83 the sim crashed to the desktop. 2 laps down when I rejoined. Oh well, still a great race!
It's a shame on what happened to you Dave, Nolan said you had it in the bag before your connection crapped out.
Well I fell asleep and missed the Rolex race, love that combo as well

Andy did you race this? How did you get on.

Don't know how but I've been talked into running the COT in the run-offs . I smell disaster.

Not to worry our secret weapon has arrived to bail us celts out, great stuff Ray.
I started 10th, and quickly moved up to the top 5. I then was just consistant and after the first pitstop ended up 3rd. Was trying to chase down 2nd place and Nolan during the second stint, until I somehow spun it exiting t1. Was the 17 seconds behind Nolan and 12 seconds behind p2. Exiting the pits after the final pitstop, 2nd place crashed into the wall and destroyed his car, giving me 2nd position. I ended the race 7 seconds behind Nolan, and I think if I hadn't spun in the middle stint I may have had a shot at him. Although, he may not have road so easy throughout the whole last stint if I was closer too him.

Atleast I'm ready for week 1 of the DP!
Quote from PMD9409 :It's a shame on what happened to you Dave, Nolan said you had it in the bag before your connection crapped out.

Yeah it was looking very good. Great results for you Core guys though, and grats to Nolan for the win.
Looks like I would have been in the split with all the other lfsers

Damn I wish I could have made it.
Quote from AlienT. :Well I fell asleep and missed the Rolex race, love that combo as well

Andy did you race this? How did you get on.

yeah, Had fantastic fun. I went from 38th to 15th by lap 37 and then timed out

Like others, I was 2 laps down when I came back AND needed to pit for fuel 2 laps later so race was ruined for position. However, absolutely loved it! Was really the first time we got to see iRating put to the test and I think it really worked! We had 40 people on our server and all raced very clean and not that far apart!
Quote from count.bazley :Was in the 4th split. Started 4th, pitted from the lead on Lap 42 as I stayed out longest of the front-runners. Rejoined in 4th but clubbed the wall on pit exit. Damaged the steering and had the right-front corner dragging on the banking, lost about 5-10 mph of straightline speed. Dropped to 10th in the closing laps, had a great battle with a guy much faster than me but the left-front blew with 2 laps to go after he had just passed me. Crawled round to the pits and finished 19th. If I hadn't hit the pit-wall it looks like I would have finished 3rd or 4th, I barely had any incidents, even with the damage - one off-track and a half-spin in the bus stop and an off-track when I trailed round with the puncture. Brilliant race though, it was unbelievably clean and competitive.

Great effort James! This sounded like great fun - reminds me of something.... I'll definately think about entering the next World Tour event.
Yeah it was one of the most fun races I've taken part in for sure. Not sure which of the other World Tour events I will race in; going back to learn the D-class cars properly and race through the licences a full season at a time.
Quote from count.bazley :Yeah it was one of the most fun races I've taken part in for sure. Not sure which of the other World Tour events I will race in; going back to learn the D-class cars properly and race through the licences a full season at a time.

I've done that for road and oval. Loved spending a season on a car in each license though I've stayed doing a skippy season each time I still need to do a spec racer season though.
can someone share the replays?
What about the Spec Racer? That's been running all week as well. Week 13 ends in 7 hours by the way, I think the site is due to go into maintenance mode in about 3 hours time to bring us the last of the updates etc.
You should try harder with the spec racer , i find it much more fun to drive than the solstice . Maybe try different setups , the one posted on the official forums are very good and still ok with the new build .
SRF is definately a blast to drive!, this car is really handful to drive at the limits, i just got into iracing and after 20 laps in limerock i was doing 59.2x.
try the lime rock set from "iracersresource" iam using it as basis set for all tracks.
The Spec Racer is so unbelievably unstable it's not funny. Guys who race the real thing say it's not even close. Even with a good setup it's still got extreme oversteer. iRacing guessed, and they missed.

Site's down for maintenance right now.
Quote from MadCat360 :The Spec Racer is so unbelievably unstable it's not funny. Guys who race the real thing say it's not even close. Even with a good setup it's still got extreme oversteer. iRacing guessed, and they missed.

Site's down for maintenance right now.

When you first drive it it is but everytime I go back to it now I can drive it perfectly fine, even with the default setup. Whether it's realistic or not I don't know - I've seen many comments by guys who drive it in real life and they range from "this is uncontrollable, nothing like the real thing!" all the way to guys saying it's spot-on. As long you don't pull off the throttle sharply it's quite a cool raw car to drive, infact the thing I hate most about it is the mid-corner understeer!
does anybody have any Daytona Rolex 2.4 replay to share?

i cant find in the iRacing forums!!
or if you can direct me to the iRacing forums so i can find it there, that would be great as well!!
Quote from buck77 :does anybody have any Daytona Rolex 2.4 replay to share?

i cant find in the iRacing forums!!
or if you can direct me to the iRacing forums so i can find it there, that would be great as well!!

I got disconnected after lap 37 so only have the last 50 laps of my race. I was on server 8 or 10 I think... not the top split
Quote from StableX :I got disconnected after lap 37 so only have the last 50 laps of my race. I was on server 8 or 10 I think... not the top split

hahahahaha
still, that was great to be present in such an event iRacing gave us, huh!!!
Quote from MadCat360 :The Spec Racer is so unbelievably unstable it's not funny.

Then you're driving it wrong.
Quote : Guys who race the real thing say it's not even close.

Source? It was updated in the new build by the way. It feels great to drive now.
Quote from Gills4life :Then you're driving it wrong. Source? It was updated in the new build by the way. It feels great to drive now.

http://members.iracing.com/ifo ... readID=62633&tstart=0. Doug Azzarito.

It was not updated in the new build. Only the throttle map and and power was changed. It handles exactly the same as it did before. Those of you who think it handles differently are fooling yourselves. There are videos on youtube comparing Ric McCormick (my first racing coach) and iRacing. Ric drives the car completely differently than you do in iRacing and you can easily see how the car handles differently.
I am not fooling myself or anyone. I have only just started iRacing, but I have tried it before on a different account quite a long time ago. The Spec Racer feels way different now, than how it did back then. Before, it would immediately spin as soon as you took your foot off of the throttle. This characteristic is still there, as it is supposed to be since it is a car designed to train the driver to enter corners on the throttle, but no where near exaggerated to the extent that it was. The car is now very driveable and nowhere near as snappy.

There were updates that were relative to the Spec Racer, so actually it was updated in the new build, as were most(all?) of the cars. I am not sure how much significance the update has had on the handling because I wasn't able to drive it until after the latest update. It feels fun to drive, you just have to drive it correctly.

Edit: MadCat I'm not sure you're reading all of what he says.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG