The online racing simulator
see the above quote re racing leagues and car clubs - that's part of online
plus online replay and photo albums for each player etc

and from a while back -

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Come on, it's obvious that the Scirocco will be out long before GT5 is out. The big question is this:

Well I wouldn´t be so sure that the Scirocco will be out before gt5. When I saw what they had at E3 I was sure there is no way the game will be out before fall 2010 and now fall 2010 seems like a possible date for GT5.

But it´s really difficult to guess when the Scirocco with the new tyre physics will be out. I wouldn´t be too surprised if the Scirocco will be out during the xmas holidays or even later.
Quote from Gills4life ::shhh: Could make a profit here.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Shhhhhh mackie Gils and I want some money

Quote from funRacer[83] :Well I wouldn´t be so sure that the Scirocco will be out before gt5. When I saw what they had at E3 I was sure there is no way the game will be out before fall 2010 and now fall 2010 seems like a possible date for GT5.

But it´s really difficult to guess when the Scirocco with the new tyre physics will be out. I wouldn´t be too surprised if the Scirocco will be out during the xmas holidays or even later.

I think the joke may have been missed by you all. I was suggesting that there is more chance of GT5 coming before Scotland getting into a World/European Cup.

Maybe my humour is not as subtle as it used to be
nah not really, I just didn´t care about the joke and explained that I am believing that the Scirocco for lfs will come even later then GT5..
MT's interview is one of the best I have read for GT5. One that actually talks about some of the road cars being in the game. Can't wait to try out the CR-Z, LFA and HSV-thingy.

btw, 20 locations? How many of those are those made up ones from previous GT games? This is all I have to got say.
Crazy, photo mode can easily pass as real life footage
Quote from Boris Lozac :Crazy, photo mode can easily pass as real life footage

I wouldn't say those words exactly, but holy SHIT it's good...!
Quote from BlueFlame :I wouldn't say those words exactly, but holy SHIT it's good...!

You couldn't fool a gamer maybe, but show it to your dad or something, they would strugle to guess what's real and what's not..
Quote from Boris Lozac :You couldn't fool a gamer maybe, but show it to your dad or something, they would strugle to guess what's real and what's not..

Yea, maybe not MY dad, but yea, I see you're point, and I agree with it.
Toyota FT-86G Concept Gran Turismo 5 Trailer - nice denser tyre smoke!
Note the front mount intercooler - guess this one is turbo'ed
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d8893.html

Wind tunnel, accompanied by a dyno.... could be a new tuning feature....

http://wot.motortrend.com/6612 ... rtually-in-gt5/index.html

Quote :On display at the Toyota stand at this year's Tokyo Auto Salon will be the Toyota FT-86 G's Sports, which boasts an even sharper exterior and a world-first "GPS-track day" unit co-developed with the creators of the Gran Turismo franchise and automotive technology giant Denso. So what's so special about the unit, you ask? From what we've learned, you will be able to drive your real FT-86 around a real track -- the Nurburgring, for example -- and then remove the memory card from your car, plug it into your PS3 unit and either "watch" your lap virtually or race against yourself, as your real car appears as the "ghost car" that you battle against.

Quote from miata :STILL no skid marks!!!

That must be why they postponed the release, to include that
haha skidmarks who the **** cares about skidmarks.. They are in LFS and I never paid any attention to them.. It´s just nice to have but not really something a racing Game need.
they cant figure out a way to include skidmarks without a big performance hit, probably.
or there's the LFS situation of skidmarks being created too often.
The Japanese site I linked to allows you to download the original HD version 53 megs
I think this is proof liveries and decals customisation is in
There are 2 different patterns on the FT-86g trailer, when the 2nd car comes in and does tandem drifting
one has the red and silver pattern, the other red and back on the rear 3/4...

I was expecting more from Tokyo Auto Salon, but here is some footage of a different demo of the Nurb. More cars than in the CES version. Better driving too
Fast load times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Vc7VVlsTs
Better driving?

Ring looks awesome!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Better driving?

Ring looks awesome!

It's all relative. Seeing as it's a modified car show, you would expect some reasonable driving skills

I noticed a lot more dirt sections on this build of the Nurb
nice find.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG