The online racing simulator
Quote from CLRS530 :Regarding big Connection lists

An option or static change to very big connection lists would be to create a multi page list. That's a point no one mentioned yet as far as I see. Surely there only would be max 2 or 3 pages.
To step through the pages there could be a new button or simple press the button more then one time.
I don't think this would lead to misunderstandings because the page number at the bottom is intuitive from many other applications and the web. This system could be programmed to be really dynamic:

- Use multi page or not
- use same key or another
- number of entries per page

If you are planning to change the list keep those points in mind:

- Order players outside the box before players in the box + spectators (important for admins I guess)

shift+key to show/hide the mouse is the best solution, combined with the N button you don't have to move the map to the left to navigate to a user ..and just by simply using N again, you can bring up the connections list and take the appropriate actions.

Anyway I have another idea: In order that the navigation between racers is better, why not make it, so when you are spectating someone, it would use a different background for that same racer in the connections list (while we're at the connection list discussion :razz.
Quote from KanseiDneova :Hmm, anyone else getting random crashes while racing online? Only happens in Z17. Using LX6 on Autocross

maybe its the server because i havent had any... are you playing CAD???
It is when the car goes out of bounds, only in the TV camera.

I have tested it multiple times, and the game doesn't crash until I change to the TV camera.
can Z17 change my FPS rate? i've always used Z15 but it was too low so i reinstalled patch Z and it was ok for my PC (min 30 FPS - max 120 FPS)

can i have the same problem with Z17?
i really like the new lights function
there are somethings which i should improve (if i may in this thread);

i think the lights are a bit bright now, i would suggest a dim-light function and a big lights function (is that correct English?)
dim-light function less bright than now, and big lights function like the lights are now. also want to be able to set my preferred buttons for it (for on keyboard,joystick,wheel,game-pad) also the hazard lights and blinkers able to set my preferred buttons.
Quote from R1K89 : i think the lights are a bit bright now, i would suggest a dim-light function and a big lights function (is that correct English?)
dim-light function less bright than now, and big lights function like the lights are now. also want to be able to set my preferred buttons for it (for on keyboard,joystick,wheel,game-pad) also the hazard lights and blinkers able to set my preferred buttons.

you mean full beam, and Scawen already said in this thread it's useless until the lights works properly
Was it really necessary to post a 2.2MB screenshot just for this?
I noticed something will speccing the moe race. Some cars are using the new lights (3) but their rear lights are not working / stopped working.

Could this be related to the driver changes?
Quote from three_jump :I noticed something will speccing the moe race. Some cars are using the new lights (3) but their rear lights are not working / stopped working.

Could this be related to the driver changes?

They can use M key.
Quote from teedot :Pretty useless post if you don't describe what the problem is. And yeah, 2.2MB screenshot.. why?

And your post isn't useless? 1st: You can see the problem in the screenshot. 2nd: You know there's no real reason for the screenshot to be 2.2MB. I guess he just made a png file to save the quality(which is one of my habbits too when saving a pic or something). 3rd: If you wanna start a flame war, go to another forum, please.
Just in case anyone is waiting, the patch will not be out today. Progress is good but it's just not ready yet. Tomorrow I hope.

Quote from Razgriz_91 :can Z17 change my FPS rate? i've always used Z15 but it was too low so i reinstalled patch Z and it was ok for my PC (min 30 FPS - max 120 FPS)

can i have the same problem with Z17?

I suggest you wait for Z18 because there is a bug in Z16 / Z17 that affects frame rate.

Quote from BOSCHO :Z17

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/848/89651896.png

I guess the host was Z16. OOS SET WHL can happen if a guest or host is Z16 and someone uses the XF GTR.
does now 0.6A or 0.5Z18 will be tommorow out?

sry for that dumb question xD

Regards Heiko1
Quote from Heiko1 :does now 0.6A or 0.5Z18 will be tommorow out?

sry for that dumb question xD

Regards Heiko1

Do you even care to read the post above?
yep xD
ok Z18 ^^

sry
I thought i'd report a bug I found today when trying to take a good screenshot for this week's Photomode competition.

The Shift-U camera rolls (flickers) by itself when you begin to adjust camera roll. The actual degrees of roll do not change, but the camera flickers between degrees of roll in a small range (left to right and back)

I managed to reproduce it in the following way:

1) Start LFS
2) Load any combo
3) Shift-U at session start
4) Adjust camera roll

My screen resolution is 1280*800, if it makes any difference.
Quote from JO53PHS :I thought i'd report a bug I found today when trying to take a good screenshot for this week's Photomode competition.

The Shift-U camera rolls (flickers) by itself in full screen when you begin to adjust camera roll. The actual degrees of roll do not change, but the camera flickers between degrees of roll in a small range

1) Start LFS (windowed)
2) Load any combo
4) Switch to full screen with Shift-F4
5) Adjust camera roll

That was already reported somewhere in this thread.
Quote from JO53PHS :I thought i'd report a bug I found today when trying to take a good screenshot for this week's Photomode competition.

The Shift-U camera rolls (flickers) by itself when you begin to adjust camera roll. The actual degrees of roll do not change, but the camera flickers between degrees of roll in a small range

1) Start LFS
2) Load any combo
4) Adjust camera roll

My screen resolution is 1280*800, if it makes any difference.

Beaten by flame :S

Dude, you live under a rock. Didn't you even read those other posts? This has been reported like millions of times.
Oh sorry. Failed.

Just ignore me :X
Quote from R1K89 :
[snip]
also want to be able to set my preferred buttons for it (for on
keyboard,joystick,wheel,game-pad) also the hazard lights and blinkers able to set my preferred buttons.

You can assign wheel buttons to bind commands for example:
Bind Ctrl+F1 /press 3
Bind Ctrl+F2 /press 7
Bind Ctrl+F3 /press 8
Bind Ctrl+F4 /press 9
Bind Ctrl+F5 /press 0

Also here >>> Advanced Script control
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone is waiting, the patch will not be out today. Progress is good but it's just not ready yet. Tomorrow I hope.

Cant wait X days for next test/full patch
Quote from R1K89 :...also want to be able to set my preferred buttons for it (for on keyboard,joystick,wheel,game-pad) also the hazard lights and blinkers able to set my preferred buttons.

In Options... Controls screen, click on CTRL + or ALT + where you can enter some text to a CTRL + Fkey or ALT + Fkey.

Then you can assign this function to a wheel button as well.

The text you need is something like :

/press 8

or

/press 9

These commands do the same thing as actually pressing the key. It may sound a bit complicated but if you have a look you'll see how it works.
#324 - hda
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone is waiting, the patch will not be out today. Progress is good but it's just not ready yet. Tomorrow I hope.

I was hoping it would be out when I got home but it's no big deal, I know what's like to code without sleeping

Awwww!! First time i been dissapointed by anything to do with lfs oh well fingers crossed for tommorow or today if you want to be a smartass lmao! thanks Scawen much appreciated!.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z17 (online compatible)
(332 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG