The online racing simulator
Scawen,

I also have the problem with Z17 that it doesn't show some servers?
It says host has wrong version, Z10.
Quote from yeager :taking screen shots requires speed to avoid any delay whilst the game is running, dumping to a BMP only requires a dump of the image in memory, a JPEG would require compression of this image and therefore take longer.

Perhaps it could temporarily store it as a BMP, then convert to JPEG whilst the users car is not on track, but also having an option (in the CFG) to allow for BMPs to also be exported

Its something which would be nice to have, but it isn't (in my opinion) a priority.
Except then Scawen would haffto implement some sort of JPEG compression library, which introduces the potential for instability or possibly vulnerabilities. It's pointless as well, as compressing it in Photoshop or something will get the size much smaller for a bit of effort.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except then Scawen would haffto implement some sort of JPEG compression library, which introduces the potential for instability or possibly vulnerabilities. It's pointless as well, as compressing it in Photoshop or something will get the size much smaller for a bit of effort.

they have one for jpeg -> dds already, what's one more going to hurt?
also another little thing to maybe consider i dont currently use multiple screens but if i did i would love to have when spectating the extra screens which currently are just blank show things like a timing sheet etc, and for it to be possibe to set what and if you want it to show and on whuich screens, even for example the chat being moved onto one of the screens. i know this thread isnt really for feature suggestions but as scawen is working on that area atm it may be something worth looking at
Quote from james12s :also another little thing to maybe consider i dont currently use multiple screens but if i did i would love to have when spectating the extra screens which currently are just blank show things like a timing sheet etc, and for it to be possibe to set what and if you want it to show and on whuich screens, even for example the chat being moved onto one of the screens. i know this thread isnt really for feature suggestions but as scawen is working on that area atm it may be something worth looking at

i like that idea, actually...
Quote from bunder9999 :they have one for jpeg -> dds already, what's one more going to hurt?

The skin one? that's only on startup so it wont affect speed of game at all
Quote from bunder9999 :they have one for jpeg -> dds already, what's one more going to hurt?

Some people actually prefer to have the original image in a lossless high quality format, and process it in an image editing software, rather than working with a crappy jpg image that is missing a lot of details.
#184 - dev
Quote from arco :some people actually prefer to have the original image in a lossless high quality format, and process it in an image editing software, rather than working with a crappy jpg image that is missing a lot of details.

png?
Quote :Click car arrow on small map to view that car

I hope it wont be disturbing. The Connection box was already annoying for me, as a mouse user, and thats the only view where I can see the mouse.
Quote from N.OzolS :I hope it wont be disturbing. The Connection box was already annoying for me, as a mouse user, and thats the only view where I can see the mouse.

you know where your mouse is pointing when the car goes that way.
Woah...
Fresh install of both Z & Z17 with default settings, Z17 is only about 10 frames different so now its 60-80fps So I can live with that
Nevermind, should have read the first post better. Sorry.
PROGRESS
Bug
Try to drive your car from parking in BL3 in to the outside fence area from the barriers... You must have the cam which is free view (not shift- u) and drive in grass then LFS crash-black screen-end......! ???? Am i the only one?
Quote from CUPRAMAN :Try to drive your car from parking in BL3 in to the outside fence area from the barriers... You must have the cam which is free view (not shift- u) and drive in grass then LFS crash-black screen-end......! ???? Am i the only one?

This can work at the autocross map too. Go over behind the buildings, spawn up on the "lawn" then drive back to fall below the map. You'll instantly crash in Z17, but not in Z0. Not too sure about any test patches in between.
I know and thanks for your reply! In Z15 i don't have this problem..... i never have a crash in LFS. So i gona see for more rpls from others....
Was trying to reproduce it, in BL3 I couldn't find the bug.
But in AU LFS.exe crashed (no more info was given) when I fall into one of the buidings and get respawned (into the grass, but out of the "legal" track)
Were you in the "TV camera" mode for BL3? I can get it to crash quite easily.
Quote from pik_d :Were you in the "TV camera" mode for BL3? I can get it to crash quite easily.

So can I. Happened twice to me, all I would do was change the camera to TV and everything would stop working.
Yeah tv cam...... If you have other the game is ok but when you chanz in tv cam :eye-poppi.....i think if you get off the track you have a nice black screen!! that's the right bug report!
Sorry if this issue was mentioned above, but I have another problem with FPS: I have only 40 FPS at any server with no cars at track. FPS isn't locked in options. See screenshots (took it in windowed mode) for details:

No cars:

With car:

Windows 7, nVidia 9800GT 1Gb with 191.07 driver version

Quote from lvlo :Sorry if this issue was mentioned above, but I have another problem with FPS: I have only 40 FPS at any server with no cars at track. FPS isn't locked in options. See screenshots (took it in windowed mode) for details:

Do you have a FPS limit enabled (misc options)?
Quote from lvlo :Sorry if this issue was mentioned above, but I have another problem with FPS: I have only 40 FPS at any server with no cars at track. FPS isn't locked in options. See screenshots (took it in windowed mode) for details:

No cars:

With car:

Quote from Flame CZE :Do you have a FPS limit enabled (misc options)?

:twirl:

Not a bug, it's a feature to reduce the load on your graphic card/processor when nothing have to be drawn

Quote from pik_d :Were you in the "TV camera" mode for BL3? I can get it to crash quite easily.

I was in the following cam. But it crasehd anyway

I'm trying now in TV cam, I'll edit this post if it crash

EDIT:
It crasehd, the screen gets black and Windows tells me that it stoped working

When it crashed using the chase view it didn't get black, it stayed showing the last frame and the Windows message

Windows 7 Professional 64 bits
ATi HD2600 XT
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z17 (online compatible)
(332 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG